Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alter Ego - Life Simulation Browser Game  (Read 43083 times)

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
Re: Alter Ego - Life Simulation Browser Game
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 09:16:23 am »

I always get killed by the kidnapper. Always. Is there any way to escape him ? Maybe my physical shape isn't good enough...
I think you have to run like hell at the first sign of a dangerous stranger in a car. No matter how in shape you are, you probably can't outrun an adult when you're six or so.

It seems for every child being born there is a dangerous stranger ready to snatch him. Clearly, every person who died to this once realizes the true potential of the game and makes a pedophile sexual predator character. You perverts!
Spoiler: big picture (click to show/hide)

Quite a lot of the childhood experiences seem like the type everyone has heard of, but which most people only experienced one or two of. This life simulation seems to give all of them to everyone.
Benzene on steam.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 10:04:21 am »

Yea, basically, 1 'bad' move... and the game smacks you for it...  The Karma dial is set to max.

Me: Hey...  drugs and booze...
Game: Hell no, that is bad, you OD.

Me: I'm going rock climbing.
Game: Screw you, don't be a liar, head cracked.

Me: I'm going to steal too!
Game: Thief!  You are caught.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 03:57:22 pm »

No matter what I do, I always end up getting diabetes in middle-age.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:17 pm »

Perhaps I should try this...
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 05:03:50 pm »

... The game just insulted me for not killing my dad.
edit: IT KEEPS INSULTING ME FOR BEING A GOOD BOY!!!!
edit: many times I find myself saying "I wouldnt do anything like that in the first place!"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:19:20 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 05:22:06 pm »

... The game just insulted me for not killing my dad.
edit: IT KEEPS INSULTING ME FOR BEING A GOOD BOY!!!!
edit: many times I find myself saying "I wouldnt do anything like that in the first place!"

I've encountered that. It's kind of annoying.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 05:37:11 pm »

God, I hate the 'quiz' parts. Even if it only takes me a minute to look it up. I would be serously pissed if this was back then and I didnt have an encyclopedia.
edit:Saved money myself(didnt let mom hold on to it). The game suddenly decides that I'm a money wasting douchebag and throws it away.
edit: WHAT THE- if I wanted to answer a bunch of questions I wouldn't play a game! Now I've lossed half of my intellect(it was 100)
edit: oh dear, I seem to have posted a bunch of RAEG postings and edits.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:45:29 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 05:56:25 pm »

I played the DOS version twice.  The first time I got stuck because the version I played was missing some of the vignettes, and the second time I made it all the way through and died in my sleep.

Had the same problem with the one I got off Home of the Underdogs 6 or 7 years ago. There weren't enough squares under 'teenager' to get to the next phase. I fixed this problem by trying to marry my girlfriend over and over again, progressing my age by a couple weeks each time, until I hit young adult.

For the 'too many' vignettes problem, which is common with the browser-based version, because it added more scenarios, I like to look at the squares as a chain or a progression. I go down the lines and whenever there's an intersection, I choose one and can only go back if there's a dead end. That way, I get a fairly realistic aging system. For dating, marriage, purchases, school, etc., I just click over there whenever the mood strikes.

I experimented with scrolling all over and randomly picking stuff I thought I needed, but I ended up stealing a dirt-bike at age 4 and going to juvenile hall. I think a system where it randomly chose squares for you depending on your exact age would be neat.

Does purchasing things even do anything? I always end up getting a really fancy house, but they don't seem to have any discernible effect.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 08:05:13 am »

Oh god im a N00B but can sombody tell me how to play this game?Also a few questions..
Can i be a murderer:Why?Because its somthing i would never do in real life
In the begining of the game can you beat up that kid who steals your toy and hits you with it? [because that happened to me as a kid and i took it back and proceeded to smash his face with it]And can you be kidnapped and what can happen if you do?
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 08:40:12 am »

Oh god this game is %$%$ng pissing me off.Why the hell do i have to answer things about american history?Im not even american!So how the F&&k should i know.
Sorry for ranting.. :-[

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 08:55:58 am »

Oh god im a N00B but can sombody tell me how to play this game?Also a few questions..
Click the boxes, make some decisions, see what happens. The game works pretty well if you play it like DF and just jump in headfirst.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 08:58:58 am »

How "graphic" is it if you get kiddnapped?Is it "you die" Or is it somthing like "you are tortured for days and bleed to death"

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2010, 09:06:08 am »

I just found out....ewwwww...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 09:55:32 am »

I don't think I like this person.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:41 pm »

After all, loving someone who loves you in return is easy. Tolerating him when he is moody and irritable is difficult and may mean the difference between staying together or falling apart. Admiration will sometimes be offset by petty jealousy. Desire for companionship will sometimes be replaced by a need for solitude.

This kind of talk may seem premature at this stage of your marriage, but within the next two years things will start to become very difficult. The newness of the marriage will wear off, and you will have to start coming to grips with the fact that your partner is not as perfect as you would really like.

This is not a bad thing, but it is reality. Your ability to adjust to your partner's strengths and weaknesses (and vice versa) will ultimately determine the success of your marriage. Good luck!

D'awwww.

This game is awesome.  Except for maybe that I'm making like 27 grand a turn, and then spending 29.  Like, damn, man.

(EDIT:  Immediately after getting married, I get a scenario where I meet a young dude and trip back to my "younger days".  It was just... whoa.

Going from frivolous stuff in the adolescent and young adult phases to this is just... great.)

(ADEAT:  Now that I've hit old age, I've noticed all my stats have decayed.  Used to be I was infinitely trustworthy, expressive, and all that - calm was sort of a rollercoaster, but everything else was huge, high-nineties, like.  Now it looks like they've gone down - around 80s-60s.  :(  Damn decay.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:58:23 pm by Farce »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4