Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New armour is surprisingly nonexistant!  (Read 1011 times)

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New armour is surprisingly nonexistant!
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:58:40 am »

Alright, I give up. I've successfully managed to decipher the civ entities and now have player controlled goblins wandering around in rags, wearing bags on their feet, and largely failing to defend themselves with 'hero swords' about ten times heavier than practically usable. Yet, I can't figure out why the following entries aren't working ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've added the appropriate tag to the civ, but don't see them showing up on the embark screen, workshops lists or initial equipment (even when only they're set as common) after world regen. Anyone know what I've possibly screwed up? :(

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New armour is surprisingly nonexistant!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:45:16 am »

The entries look fine to me. Make sure that the file is formatted correctly (items are in their own file or with other "armor" items, name of file placed at file start) and that the civ has the appropriate jobs required to make the items enabled.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 01:10:32 pm »

Yeah, show us the entity entry and the full weapon folder they are in if you haven't fixed it yet.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:02:15 pm »

Did you delete the files in data/objects and regen?

Without [METAL] you'll see cloth scale mail.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 08:35:33 pm »

Right, so apparently setting clothing to 'uncommon' or 'rare' for a civ means not only will individual members wear other clothing, but their entire civ will be unable to make it. Ever. Yeah.

Next question! Is it possible to make the scale armour require more than a single shell? (Material_size doesn't.) Otherwise I'll just switch it back to metal only, but it's less interesting that way.

@ Ziusudra, I don't think that's necessarily the case. I have it showing up in a craftsman's workshop now, but not in the clothier's. One of the other tags (eg. hard, scaled) might be precluding it.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:50:37 pm »

Actually, SCALED might prevent cloth, but my HARD, BARRED armor was showing up as cloth in   adventure mode.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:36:59 pm »

Actually the rare tagged items can show up but usually not.  Only common items always or almost always show up.

I think it is [ARMORLEVEL:x] that makes armor not available as cloth.  Lack of the tag lets it be cloth.

I would think MATERIAL_SIZE is what controls how many shells you'd need but maybe with shells it's always one.  Never tested it with shells.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 01:02:41 am »

I wasn't sure so I just put the following in as the only armor for otherwise vanilla dwarves:
Started an adventurer and was wearing Pig tail barred mail. Added [SCALED], flushed, regenned, new adventurer; Pig tail barred mail again. However, neither could be had at embark or made at clothier's workshops. I don't feel like waiting around for the caravan. Gonna go wander around a bit as an adventurer; see what others are wearing. Edit: Yep, there's a guard in pig tail barred mail.

Edit: OK, ARMORLEVEL:3 does prevent cloth from appearing in adventure mode. 1 and 2 do not. Ugh, just thought of another thing to test...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:27:23 am by Ziusudra »