Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another "Look at my raws"  (Read 808 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Another "Look at my raws"
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:51:26 am »

Blah blah modding my game blah blah editing other people's mods blah blah ran into problems.

When I Prepare for the Journey Carefully, the item menus include 2 blank entries in the extracts section, and my only silk cloths are " silk" (meaning that it's a blank name before it), which go for 0 points on the embark menu.

Also, when I embark, the dwarves are wearing those silk clothes and immediately freeze to death from the boiling of that silk.

I have four types of spiders in the game:

Giant Cave Spider
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cave Spider, Phantom Spider

and the Giant Wood Spider

I know that people would like for me to upload the entire raws so that they can search everything and find out the exact problem, but I'm not quite sure how I can attach my DF files to this post, unless I just can't find the button.

If I need to supply more info or more raws, ask away. And if you can tell me how to upload my raws, that'd be cool too. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have searched the raws myself, and I can confirm that these four are the only creatures I have with the [WEBBER] tag. Which I assume is necessary for a creature to create webs to create silk.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:54:54 am by Protactinium »
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Another "Look at my raws"
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:44:05 pm »

Hmm...

If you still want to upload the whole folder, consider using DFFD, The Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

Anyway, sounds like craziness has happened and DF lost track of it's silk data, and defaulted to 0 normal temperature and a boiling point of 0.

Make sure you haven't duplicated any creature entries or moved them.

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:01 pm »

Now I get giant cave spider silk and the " silk". Perhaps the GCS silk has shown up on these later tests because of different embark areas?

Edit: PTTG??, do you think I might want to try putting a SILK_FIXED_TEMP tag on my spiders?
Edit 2: I put SILK_BOILING_TEMP at 12067 degrees urist for all 4 spiders, and generated a new world. That embark also resulted in 6 people freezing from the boiling " silk" items they wore. Does this mean that I might have an extra creature making silk?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:01:25 pm by Protactinium »
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 01:28:28 pm »

It's not the temp of silk, it's a duplicate entry in all likelyhood.  Delete the stuff in your data/objects folder and then restart and try gen another world and try again.  If that doesn't work, need to find the duplicate in your raws.  Did you keep GCS in one spot and add them in another?  Could even be a dublicate creature that doesn't have webbing as that can still just muck everything up.  If you have to, temporarily delete your creature files and regen until you can find out which one is messing you up and that will narrow it down.  Or upload here and maybe someone will find it for you. 

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:30:55 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1532

Errorlog says that I have some duplicate vermin, but I can't find their second entry. I had some files with the those tags, but I removed the file entirely and they weren't OBJECT:CREATURE at the top anyway.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:53 pm »

You may have deleted from raw/objects, but they could still be in data/objects, so you need to delete there as well if you deleted an entire raw/objects file.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 01:35:55 pm »

You may have deleted from raw/objects, but they could still be in data/objects, so you need to delete there as well if you deleted an entire raw/objects file.

Holy crap, I didn't know this all existed.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 01:39:13 pm »

The game will over-write any files in data/objects with files from raw/objects when you start the game but if you completely deleted a raw/objects file then the old ghost data/objects file will stay there and cause problems.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:44:01 pm »

Deleting everything in data/objects and genning a new world seemed to have solved all my problems. They don't burn on start now! They're wearing normal cave spider silk, by the way.

Thanks for your help, both of you. :D

================================================================================

Might as well use this thread for more of my modding questions.

When I choose to prepare carefully, why are all my weapon choices always coming only in the the best non-DEEP metal, except for crossbows?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:22:13 pm by Protactinium »

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 02:24:38 pm »

It's always been that way. Hard coded.
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 10:17:57 pm »

:(

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:03 pm »

:(
Yeah, otherwise we'd all start off with far cheaper copper battleaxes for woodcutting, rather than the expensive steel ones.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:01 pm »

I can never decide if that's good or not, though. I starts us out with 2 axes, so if it's a high-value one, I can sell it for lots of embark points; but if it's high value metal, that means I can't buy any other gear at embark (not that I normally do, but I would like to for once.)