Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (REQ) Multi-Tree Mod  (Read 1580 times)

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
Re: (REQ) Multi-Tree Mod
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 03:25:22 pm »

That would be really cool, using planks instead of standard wood in order to make wood-items, while using the regular wood for buildings.  It would spawn a whole new industry in a way, and be much more realistic.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 04:39:56 pm »

In the new release you can make custom workshops. I would *love* to see a Sawmill or some sort. Requires power, a mechanism and a giant saw blade. Turns wood into finished planks which would be more efficient for building [But I guess couldn't be used for carving or making bolts or something?].

I don't know if we'll be able to disallow certain woods from crafts and such, but we may be able to make them much lower value so that crafts made from 'building' lumber would be lower value and less exploitable. Really though, if someone wants to cheat they can do so with 4 lines of text in a file, building mods to 'thwart' exploitation isn't necessary in my opinion.

It would be nice if you could tell the dwarves what to build the crafts out of though.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 04:43:33 pm »

lol. I understand completely.  I'm a big fan of game modification in most instances, usually to make the game better, not easier.  But in any case, having a full wood-related industry would be a nice addition to the game as a whole, sense it would make the entire set more realistic. 

And adding in in-game options to choose what type of stone/wood and metal to use in crafting would be nice, and is another idea that should probably be shunted into the SUGGESTIONS forum. >.>''

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 02:13:27 am »

I'm fairly sure it's already there, it was just an offhand comment.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 06:53:29 am »

Yea. lol.  No use letting the room die, so I have another idea.  I may be fairly new, but I've read about using 'power' in DF; but is that electricity or just air/water power?

And for another suggestion, how about lanterns/lamps/torches set in the hallways of the underground fortress to stop the inside/darkness adaptation from happening.  lol.

Sorry, I know we got way off track here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 07:37:27 am »

Yea. lol.  No use letting the room die, so I have another idea.  I may be fairly new, but I've read about using 'power' in DF; but is that electricity or just air/water power?

And for another suggestion, how about lanterns/lamps/torches set in the hallways of the underground fortress to stop the inside/darkness adaptation from happening.  lol.

Sorry, I know we got way off track here.

As you pointed out, this isn't the suggestion forum so I'll leave your interior lights suggestion alone, but about power there is a DF Wiki page explaining it. Basically it is mechanical power transferred via axles and gear assemblies to machines which need it, like pumps.
Pages: 1 [2]