Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Saboteur  (Read 1402 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
The Saboteur
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:02:45 am »

I modded in a new military troop.

It involves these changes:

[MATGLOSS_STONE:DWARF_STONE]
[NAME:earthen dwarf][COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:220]
[SOLID_DENSITY:30000]
[MELTING_POINT:100]
[BOILING_POINT:150]

[VALUE:1]

[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:DWARF_STONE]

On my new, heavily modded game, I included the above changes to make the dwarves more thematic--they're made from the earth itself, blah blah, so their stone form dissolves away back into the ground when they die.

So, anyway, in the second year, the orcs came to play and I hadn't built any defenses. In a last-ditch effort to take out the 16 orcs, I recruited all 48 of my dwarves and threw the recruits at the orc squad.

I had forgotten about the above modding.
The was a chain of Urist McDwarf, Dwarf has frozen to death.

Boiling points, being the highest temperature a material can reach (in-game), will lower the tile temperature to the boiling point, freezing anything if it's cold enough. When a dwarf of mine would be killed by the orcs, the next one behind him would also die--but so would the orcs.

SO WOULD THE ORCS.

I savescummed, made 8 peasants and soap makers into recruits, grouped pairs into 4 squads, and spread their squad stations around the entrance of my fort courtyard.

When the orcs came in this time, the recruits, running in a staggered formation due to their spread stations, suicide-bombed the infidels.

4 of my saboteurs exploded 15 orcs to death. The last orc retreated off of the map, chased by the remaining 4 saboteurs.

Bwahahah.
Bwahahahaha.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

ctharvey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Saboteur
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:26 am »

Thats both hilarious and awesome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:30:05 pm »

Suicide bombing meets DF.

Oh gods.

Make dwarven adventurer and go into forest retreat, attack, and wait till they pile on you.

And die.

And post results.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:13 pm »

I've never played Adventure mode, actually. Someone more brave than I needs to.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:34:00 pm »

You miss fun. If that stone and corpse is the only thing modded, I will do that. I will post the journal of First Dwarven Suicide Bomber tomorrow.

For Armok!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:06 pm »

Reclaim on a carp infested river. The tantrum spirals, OH THE TANTRUM SPIRALS
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 12:13:53 am »

Reclaim on a carp infested river. The tantrum spirals, OH THE TANTRUM SPIRALS

I had one of these on my third orc siege. Dwarf went berserk. Had to be killed by a military dwarf. In the middle of the courtyard pathway where all my haulers walk.

So much purple text...