Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Ageless Plane (Empty World)  (Read 3731 times)

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ageless Plane (Empty World)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 07:58:09 pm »

Does Embark Anywhere let you embark?

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »

Does Embark Anywhere let you embark?

Need to get to the embark screen for embark anywhere to do anything.  With no dwarven civ there isnt even a choice to start playing in fortress mode.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 10:21:41 pm »

Here's the worldgen parameters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 09:10:08 am »

Your seven dwarves were all hatched from the eggs of the lone dragon in existence. 

Problem is, it's a male dragon.
A dwarf's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.
Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet"

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 01:05:48 pm »

Your seven dwarves were all hatched from the eggs of the lone dragon in existence. 

Problem is, it's a male dragon.

Like that ever stopped a Genesis story!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 05:53:29 pm »

So I looked over this fellow's worldgen parameters because I expected it to be some sort of totally weird world, and I wanted to tweak the parameters just enough to get a playable civ so I could adventure there.  However, the world gen parameters there are actually fairly "normal"; the thing that made it turn out to be an empty world is that the OP was actually trying to put in 99 civilizations.  Ironically, by trying to put in too many civs, and failing, the OP ended up with a world with NO civs.

So I decided to take at face value what the OP's original intent seems to have been, and see what the MOST civs you can pack into a 17x17 world is.  I came up with one with 8, but it was mostly human civs and no elves.  I wanted to get some more variety so here is a world gen that will pack 7 civs into a 17x17 map:  humans, elven, goblin, dwarf, and two kobold caves.  (I'm sure someone could do even better than this.)  (If a rejects notice comes up with this world gen, just keep hitting "C" for continue.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"
Pages: 1 [2]