Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sneakiest Gobbo Ever  (Read 13399 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sneakiest Gobbo Ever
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 09:50:46 am »

from years of wrestling naked with her husband.

Are you SURE they are WRESTLING?
It would explain the baby.

I'm pretty sure it's still called "wrestling." I had one female legendary wrestler that would spit out a kid every 3-4 seasons. For obvious reasons, she was constantly interrupted while wrestling.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 11:26:48 am »

The entrance to my fort is a 3 tile wide tunnel which has a pair of chains at the entrance with a war dog chained to each so there can only be a 1 tile wide space at most between the war dogs. I still see goblin snatchers being caught by the single line of cage traps I have as a failsafe just past my depot for such an occurance. I've now chained 2 war dogs per chain but am thinking whether 1 war dog & 1 hunting dog would be a better choice to detect intruders. I have a tower with marksdwarves patrolling well within shooting distance of the dogs so if they spot an intruder they're not expected to slaughter them all by themselves.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 03:08:44 pm »

My barracks is set up right outside the only entrance to my fort, so intruders have to sneak past that, a line of cage traps, a guard jaguar and her brood before getting into my proper fort. 

The spoilered image below was the only entrance to my fortress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A kobold got past the constant flow of traffic. Deftly tiptoed across the many cage and weapon traps. Crossed the green glass bridge with champions standing guard on it. Snuck past the chained black bears just after the bridge. Avoided all of the dwarves entering and exiting the barracks, went 2 screens deeper into the fortress, and made it out again with a clownite buckler stolen from my central armoury that constantly had dwarves pathing through it. Then he came back a few months later and stole a suit of clownite platemail.
For 2 years after that I had kobold ambush parties.
That kobold was possibly the greatest kobold thief ever.
Is there a way to track him down in Legends mode?

I think thefts might show up in engravings.  Alternatively, thefts do show up in legends mode, there's just not an easy way to search for them.  Check under your fortress under sites, and do a lot of scrolling.

Unless you just know his name, in which case, yeah, use that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:10:39 pm by Don Blake »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 05:42:06 pm »

Thefts will show up in engravings, although the odds of the engraver picking that particular event are small.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 08:11:56 pm »

My best theif ever, snuck through barracks, dining hall, crafts shop, bedrooms, into my treasury, stole a artifact ruby, encrusted with ruby, and circled with adamantium, and got back out.... then I had a ton of seiges, damn theif.
Nom nom nom

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »

My barracks is set up right outside the only entrance to my fort, so intruders have to sneak past that, a line of cage traps, a guard jaguar and her brood before getting into my proper fort. 

The spoilered image below was the only entrance to my fortress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A kobold got past the constant flow of traffic. Deftly tiptoed across the many cage and weapon traps. Crossed the green glass bridge with champions standing guard on it. Snuck past the chained black bears just after the bridge. Avoided all of the dwarves entering and exiting the barracks, went 2 screens deeper into the fortress, and made it out again with a clownite buckler stolen from my central armoury that constantly had dwarves pathing through it. Then he came back a few months later and stole a suit of clownite platemail.
For 2 years after that I had kobold ambush parties.
That kobold was possibly the greatest kobold thief ever.
Is there a way to track him down in Legends mode?

I think thefts might show up in engravings.  Alternatively, thefts do show up in legends mode, there's just not an easy way to search for them.  Check under your fortress under sites, and do a lot of scrolling.

Unless you just know his name, in which case, yeah, use that.

Actually, I think that if you just go down to the last age in your legends mode (at the very bottom of the main "legends" menu), it will show historical events in chronological order.  Since history stops for anything not relating to your fort, you just have to scroll through the parts of the age that your fort has actually been in existence for the "Theft at Fortname".
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 04:25:01 pm »

I had a sneaky kobold in my last Dig Deeper fort...nicked the ammunition out of an Orc bowman's quiver!

A little late, but siged anyway   =D

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 04:52:50 pm »

Man, my kobolds are lazy.  They steal the wood or iron arrows human caravans shoot at random wildlife that I leave forbidden before sneaking off with their "treasure". 

Seriously, I've had three successful "thefts" at my fort, two arrows, and a dead elf merchant's sock.  Way to friggin' go, kobolds!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 2 [3]