Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Fish-n-bones' Oldtomb of Legendary Lands. (Community)  (Read 3977 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oldtomb of Legendary Lands. (Community)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 04:57:52 pm »

Right, that makes sense.

4th Timber, Late Autumn 201.
The following Migrants Bandits have shown up.
1 trapper
1 lye maker
1 furnace operator
1 clothier
3 peasant
2 children
2 cow calf
1 yak calf
1 Mule
1 cria, (A what?)

Hard labor rolls - dooowwn hill - which means these migrants can do all the work while the original 7 focus on honing their militaristic skills.   Our trade agreement with the mountain home states that we can make extra on exporting seeds and tanned hides.  Both of which I'd rather keep to myself.

18th Timber, 201.
Free from trivial labor, the majority of the founding dwarfs are free to go about and hack at the undead surrounding the lands.  Within a day 30 lie dead.  The hammerer would love to join us, but his leg is still not healed.  The epic ballista arrow deflecting shield of the guard was passed on to Javrus.

However, I am now convinced the shield is cursed.

27th Moonstone, Early Winter 201.
3 of the 4 founders are down for the count with fractures and mangled limbs.  All skeletal hunts have been forbidden until further notice.  To make matters worse the fortress food supply is being increased by 4 paltry peasants trying to fish an aquifer.  I've ordered the clothier to butcher the horse and mule to increase the meat stocks temporarily to relieve us of some of the burden till spring.  The others are either making bone armor for the 7 or digging out the eventual aquifer punch that we'll need.

9th Opal, Midwinter 201.
A number of the migrants are unhappy about sleeping in the dirt.  I told one to shoot at the zombie horses if he's feeling blue, I must admit, he nearly hit one!

20th Opal, 201.
A horse menace started advancing into our fortress proper and scared all the greenhorns witless.  Lor, Lammar, Urist and Urvad destroyed them without incident.  As the migrants tried to punch the aquifer a problem arose.  With only 2 layers at my disposal to drop and having them resting on the water table for the aquifer, how am I supposed to mine out the waterlogged aquifer soil without also mining out the material I want to drop down above it?  I would have to manually screw pump out 2 layers of aquifer, which is nigh impossible.

2nd Obsidian, Late Winter 201.
A single horse lived the onslaught and became trapped in a muddy pit.  It's hoofs unable to find purchase it wallowed like the pathetic creature it once was.

And as a side benefit prevents further undead from spawning.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 07:45:44 pm by Qloos »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 11:40:03 pm »

i call hammerdworf.

or sword.

or whatever.

use screenname

pretty much insane in the spouts weird crap at odd intervals.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 12:41:06 am »

16th Obsidian, 201.

Ozor was most often depicted as a female dwarf and was associated with trade and twilight.
You are currently resting in bed, your leg has lied mangled for the past 9 months.  From above you hear moans, the shrieks of death and the grunts of stout labor.

11th Granite, 202.
A new year, Dermonsters leg is now only broken instead of mangled.  The Zombie horse in the muddy pit has been shot to death for the crime of scaring my citizens and an elven caravan has arrived in which I will seize all their goods and laugh at their moral code.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:58:54 am by Qloos »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 07:41:08 am »

... i forgot about that.

maybe it was the fact i wrote that in at 1 in the morning.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 02:58:27 pm »

=D

Lammar an Urist still kicking zombie ass by the looks of it

^_^-b
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.
Pages: 1 [2]