Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dtil like utility that can alter a large number of tiles at once.  (Read 419 times)

diefortheswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am trying to fill a very large cistern with water.  I would like to use a utility like Dtil to turn all the tiles into level 7 water.  The version of Dtil I currently have can only alter 1 tile at a time.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:25:07 pm by diefortheswarm »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Dtil like utility that can alter a large number of tiles at once.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:51:45 pm »

Fortunately there is. You need to install the utility called tweak. Then install the module for it called For Each Tile where once downloaded you can designate an area for low traffic and get it to fill the whole lot with 7/7 depth water in one go.

If you use For Each Tile then you'll want to create a new operation and set the condition to:
Code: [Select]
is_designated_as_low_trafficand the operations set to:
Code: [Select]
designate_as_normal_traffic;
set_liquid_type_to_water;
set_water_depth 7;
Then set each level of your cistern to low traffic and run the operation and it will fill with water. A word of warning though to get it flowing you will need to build and deconstruct a door or wall nearby.

Unfortunately I don't know if this works for the new 40d#. It's not the most dwarven thing to do either but I've used them in running death trap prototypes hehe.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands