Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Things that are not fun  (Read 2934 times)

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that are not fun
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 05:17:09 pm »

I know this is a dead thread but the thing I would like to point out is, people complain about how complicated everything is now... well, most of the solutions random51 up there proposed weren't possible in the version this thread was about - sheriffs weren't appointed, you couldn't mod reactions (or disable artifacts I think, although not 100% sure on that one), there were few ways to get magma without attracting the attention of the inhabitants that didn't involve a lot of channels and traps/dropped items couldn't be forbidden. Oh, and you couldn't turn off the economy.

Just goes to show that those people who a while back were like 'OMG TOADY NEVER FIXES PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME HE IS JUST MAKING BEARD MODELLING PROGRAMS!!!1!' didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Hakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »

One thing I find extremely annoying that I'm suffering from right now, is not that dwarves run outside to store items and collect webs when there are a few dozen goblins outside, but that they are too stupid to run back inside past the 50 blade traps to safety.
A dwarf's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.
Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet"

Cymsdale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 12:58:47 pm »

The thing I dislike the most is how stone stockpiles work. If dwarves moved the closest stone into the stockpile instead of searching out the last mined stone, I'd have much more reason to use them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]