Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 273445 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Webadict, if you don't see the obviousness of why Org should be converted, you should just kill yourself now.
... Why on earth would you want to have Org on your team? Especially if you're CHOOSING!

The only reason you'd do it is if you were especially crazy or knew he was a roleblocker.

Also, why didn't you block last Night, Org?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Well Webadict, I guess your simple mind just dosen't understand.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well Webadict, I guess your simple mind just dosen't understand.
Or perhaps my complex mind simply skipped that conclusion for more logical ones.

Far more logical.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

I was after Eduren half way through Day 1, Zai the other half.  ExKirby first half of Day 2, and went MEH second half.  I started on Mr.person near the end of Day 2 which leads us to here.

As for what I'm reading you for: I tend to put you on 'simmer'.. wait a few days and look at you as you do your thing, then put it all together to get an idea on you. You're a tricky read like that.  It's more casual than you think, since I'm not like Pandar that goes "if you're alive Day 3 you're scum".

In any case, Ug, we ARE in a wash of lurkers when you realize this game is still meant to be bigger NOW than most games start off in.

Meanwhile. #$#_$ it, even my #1 choice, Rash, isn't near a bad to me as Mr.Person so I'm just going to stick with that and leave it like that.

Unvote Rash 

Vote Person

@everyone 
You saw the argument between me and him Day 3.  Is my statement on him flawed or is he bad enoough to be the day 3 lynch?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was after Eduren half way through Day 1, Zai the other half.  ExKirby first half of Day 2, and went MEH second half.  I started on Mr.person near the end of Day 2 which leads us to here.
My mistake. All the vote counts show you voting for him...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

If nobody corrects me about it it becomes official. >:[
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If nobody corrects me about it it becomes official. >:[
Oh well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Hmm...Toonyman would make a good choice for a convert. Thinking about it, I'd probably choose him or Vector. Web's too big a target for night roles to be worth it, Dak is too big a presence and draws a lot of scrutiny. Zai would have worked, but he's dead. Toony's crazy and hard to read. Vector is pretty good a flying below the radar. Both good choices.

I could see myself being converted as well, although that didn't happen this time around. But short of being killed or a PR wasting the night investigating me, I can't exactly prove that.

In any case Dak is safe, from my perspective, since his day-kill was day 2 (after the conversion) and he still showed up town. There is a slight chance that his role blocks people from knowing the alignment, but that seems unlikely.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Envy's conversion is a total conversion, just for reference; as of the moment they are converted/replaced, they are considered to be Mafia in all respects.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Mr.Person has responded to a prod (after 24 hours).

Replacement no longer needed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Great.  Now he can answer my argument against him
I KNEW IT!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Neruz, you're DEAD. You shouldn't even be posting here but I'm being lax about it because you know better than to post anything game-related and did I ever send you the dead chat link?

Actually i don't think you did to be honost.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1302 on: November 22, 2009, 05:33:16 am »

Fuck, I had a nice large post here, but forgot to save a copy. Oh well, I'll just retype it. Most of it is quoting Dakarian, anyways, so it's not as big a deal as it looks. Spoiler tags are for pussies.

My first vote was on you.. a randomvote.  My first attack was on Eduren, NOT Neruz.

My point still stands, stop nitpicking. Yes, I know they're totally different, I don't know how I mixed the two up, I just know I sometimes do. Worry not about that, focus on the things I say, not the people involved.

I attack him then wait for his response.  He didn't write ANYTHING during the Web/Dakarian battle, so while I was waiting for Eduren to speak to me, I fought against Web.  Once I was done with Web, I was STILL waiting for Eduren.  Eventually Eduren speaks answering my original question and that's that.

Then what might this be?

I'm going off on Eduren based on his 'surprise' response to my prod on him, not for the vote and joke.   

Since I don't want to comb your last five walls of text, I'm going to assume that this is basically what you are holding against me.

Here I make a joke about how you confused Meph with Pandar. You then (in my opinion) overreact. I am surprised at your reaction and then assume that you didn't get it. From the beginning it was a joke and even Toony recognized that.

Now, since you guys decided to post a handful of pages while I was away, I am going do some reading.

By then everyone is crying about the ton of posts.  I fuss at them, then reorganize with my Wide Scan.  With that scan, I find Zai scummy so I vote for him.

5th vote?  Pandarsenic got the vote count wrong remember?  I was 2nd! Proof?  Read Pandarsenic's Vote count one page before my vote, go up one page, and find my vote for Zai.. 2nd vote with you, Mr.Person, as the 1st.

Well, this is why accurate vote counts are so important. Ok, that changes things slightly. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did nothing after?  Bull
That's your reasoning post, considering it was less than 3 hours after your vote. You do nothing but talk about Zai and how scummy he was, so yes, that was covered already. I'm talking about after voting Zai, you did nothing. Good job on missing the point, btw.

Day 2 the day JUST started and I did not just JUMP on ExKirby.  I told everyone this instead:
Meanwhile, Leaf dying is part of the role.  Story wise, he's killed someone and is now looking EXACTLY like that person.  Game wise, Leaf dies and someone just got converted.

There's a few benefits though from all this:  Now that we know Leaf is scum, we can run a scan to find his partners on D1.  Finding the convert will be impossible for the moment, but that will change later on. 

Alright, fine. There was some small talk about Leafsnail's role, THEN you jumped on ExKirby. That's just different enough to be the exact same thing.

I did the same trick in Bay 12 mafia and found ChaoticJosh by it.  It also mislynched Boksi but meh. 

So I do my scan on Leaf and found ExKirby.

By the way.
Your original reason was WIFOMy (another reason I didn't bring it up, turns out that I should of, sue me), but ExKirby's response was scummy.

You said I had no reason.. now you say 'well he was scummy and I didn't say anything about possible WIFOM issues'.

To me, bad reasoning and no reasoning are the same thing. Think of when I say "no reasoning" to be shorthand for "no good reasoning".

After that, my scans go to Rash as the next target and, like Eduren, I'm stuck with him saying nothing for a while.  I question others while I wait, then end up realizing Rash went AWOL and demand a prod.

Now that Rash is in lurk mode-and you remember I don't lynch lurkers when I can prod/replace them-I turn to Neruz who by now has gone into superscumtell flinger mode.

Just like everything else you've said since day 2, you have not, in fact, "demanded" anything. You asked for a prod. You then pretty much say to Neruz "You think somebody else is scummy while I... think you're scummy. Show you're town or we'll see what happens."

I fight with Neruz, get Kook vibes, get scum vibes, over and over.  I pull off him and try to attack others.  By then it's half way through day 2 which, as we've said, I've gone passive due to wariness.  Votes for Meph go on, but he claims and I pull back due to the claim to hold him for later.  Cheeetar gets a vote for hammering but that's not a strong tell.  Eventually, Neruz shows up again near a lynch and I ask him to claim.  He claims and, at first, it might be honest.. then he fumbles the claim which is as ugly as you can get.  He gets lynched.

Fumbled? He made and quickly corrected a mistake. If you're going to get on everybody's case for making mistake and correcting them, you might as well lynch all the beginners now. (WIFOMingly, scum usually don't "make mistakes" on their claims, it's both stupid and attention-grabbing). Making a mistake on one's claim that they then correct on their own is not scummy in any way, shape, or form. That's just a mistake on the user's part. Hell, I've had to reask who I targetted on past nights in other games, it's not something to be ashamed of. It's also something both town and scum would do. Thus, null-tell. However, I usually find that the people who say null-tells are scummy are usually scum themselves. Strange thing, that.

Day 3...

I did no wide scan day 3.  When the day started, I threw a quick vote for Meph, then you rush at me and I've been on your case ever since.

Now that I know your accusations are due to not having a dang clue of what I've been doing since Day 1, I can finally finish my defense and get to a scan of you instead.  Now, are you just a person that doesn't bother to check facts, or are you scum that was trapped trying to lynch me? 

You're trying to box me into two choices. That's scumlogic. There's an obvious third option: I made a few mistakes (Seriously, Neruz and Eduren are NOT the same person, self).Your decision to use "A or B" style reasoning is plain old bullshit.

Alright, two things. First, a question. Second, something I just want to show you.

I don't know Eduren's meta.  Meanwhile, Toony disagrees: he says that self preservation ISN'T part of his meta.  That's why I'm on him.  I'll take your idea that he DOES act like this normally into consideration, but I want to hear more from him before I leave him alone.

And yet you voted him because of his meta? So in other words, you voted him because TOONYMAN said so? Note that ToonyMan himself didn't actually vote Eduren, why did you take his word so seriously when he himself didn't?

1. I didn't suspect you Day 1, web.  I fought with you and got a read on you, but had nothing to suspect you with so I left you be.  I noticed the bandwagons were half because of the fight between you and I and half because they wanted to punish you for your additude.  I went meh then and I do Meh now. 

BUUUUULSHIT!

@Web
-snip-

I suspect you.  Yes, I DO suspect you.  As such I'll push you.  I don't have a second vote so a FOS will do: since it's brought this result I'm glad I left it like that, since Eduren needs a LOT more pressure than you do.  Do I want you dead?  No, not yet.  I make THAT time very very clear and you aren't there yet.  Your emotions provide a very nice shield so it's hard to crack you, whether you are town or scum.  I want to say you cracked but if so you won't be readable till later.  For now, I'll need to be content where you are.

-snip-

Changing your reasoning is THE most scummiest thing possible.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Just for reference, I apologize profusely for any utter bullshit arising from my inaccurate votecounts. It's incredibly difficult to catch all this stuff especially when certain people have red in their signatures.

(seriously, SHAD0Wdump is up for replacement, but Dak... please? Make it blue or orange or something. Or bold it. ANYTHING but the color of votes.)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1304 on: November 22, 2009, 06:28:27 am »

Spoiler: Because I can (click to show/hide)

Meh and more Meh.  You use your own terminology to explain very nasty accusations (1/3 of the second day = "The whole game", unliked reasons = "no reasons"), you backpeddle, laugh off your mistakes and turn one mistake from a month ago into THE BIGGEST SCUMTELL IN THE WORLD..even though there's little in action to support it.

Now, mind posting a reply about my scan on you, or are you going to just ignore that?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 151