Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 277344 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

(Dak: I'll look over that argument again in a minute after voicing this thought.)

So I have this crazy theory that I don't think is very sound at all, but I thought I'd voice it. (I can hear you all already: "If it's stupid, why say it?!" Well, from the midst of retardation, occasional gems shine, so I figured I'd pop this in here.)

What if Webadict were scum here?

Wouldn't that explain a lot about what he said earlier? About how the scum would choose someone experienced? See, this is where it gets shaky, because it relies on that all being WIFOM. But can you guys see how that is possible? Wouldn't it be GREAT if Town-Dakarian got lynched while the scum merrily NK'd again?

I'll admit this takes the risk that the scum recruited a poor player, but that might be worth the WIFOM. What do you guys think?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

WIFOM SCUM

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Dak: I'll look over that argument again in a minute after voicing this thought.)

So I have this crazy theory that I don't think is very sound at all, but I thought I'd voice it. (I can hear you all already: "If it's stupid, why say it?!" Well, from the midst of retardation, occasional gems shine, so I figured I'd pop this in here.)

What if Webadict were scum here?

Wouldn't that explain a lot about what he said earlier? About how the scum would choose someone experienced? See, this is where it gets shaky, because it relies on that all being WIFOM. But can you guys see how that is possible? Wouldn't it be GREAT if Town-Dakarian got lynched while the scum merrily NK'd again?

I'll admit this takes the risk that the scum recruited a poor player, but that might be worth the WIFOM. What do you guys think?

I think you're a scummy young man who is being sent out by his teammates to randomly spew WIFOM all over the place, because they know you'll get away with it.

"What if Webadict were scum?"  Honestly.  What if this were secretly a Bastard Mod, and we're actually all gigantic mountains of cauliflower and fairy princesses?  Yes, I can see how that's possible.  Some days you just feel like cauliflower.  But wouldn't it be EVEN MORE AMUSING if you tipped the WIFOM-scales and got Webadict lynched BECAUSE HE MIGHT BE SCUM GIVEN WIFOM THAT MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT BE THERE?  OH LOOK!  WE'VE BEEN WIFOM'D AGAIN.

I just... ugh.  It hurts.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

IMMA CAULIFLOWER PRNICESS

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

SirBayer, I think you just hurt the chances of your scum partner living...

-.-

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

TOONYMAN HAS BECOME THE CAULIFLOWER PRINCESS
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Point well taken.

Unvote.

Webadict is scum for spreading WIFOM as previously mentioned.

Since this appears to be the only proposition of fact that you accept, I have rephrased. I hope you are pleased.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Point well taken.

Unvote.

Webadict is scum for spreading WIFOM as previously mentioned.

Since this appears to be the only proposition of fact that you accept, I have rephrased. I hope you are pleased.

Not really.  Why am I not pleased?  Because it isn't about pleasing me.  My tendency to yell at you in Mafia games is largely meaningless.  It's about the part where you aren't thinking, and when you don't think, it hurts.  It's not that I hate you.  It's that I want you to open your eyes.

Why is that so important to me?  I don't really know.

It is not just about the phrasing.  It's about the part where you're buddying with the town.  It's about the caution.  Most importantly, it's about the part where you are drinking the WIFOM by the gallon.  It's about the part where you take a statement of "Well, logically the scum would want this kind of player" as an attempt to spread WIFOM--and that's all you come here and do.  You don't really comment much on behavior.  You just stare at the WIFOM and hope you're guessing right.

Then when someone attacks your claims and thinking style, you immediately back off and act vaguely sulky, as though I had some sort of vast power over you.  Yes, I know that having someone jump all over you is not exactly pleasant.  It's too bad that you seem to be so unhappy about it.

I don't know.  It's good to see that you're trying; you've honestly improved quite a bit.  It drives me crazy to watch you run all over the place like this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

If that's true, it is gong to mark the strangest thing I've ever seen in a mafia game.

SirBayer, care to back up your claim a bit? From what I saw, your argument was that webadict was the one converted because the mafia would convert him hoping that because he's the obvious choice no one will suspect him? Have you seen anything to indicate that he's changed alignment between day 1 and day 2?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

If that's true, it is gong to mark the strangest thing I've ever seen in a mafia game.

Just a joke, don't mind me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Hmm.

I appreciate the sentiment.

However, you're saying that's not a possibility at all?

(A note on the not commenting on behavior: That's because I suck at reading behavior. I don't identify scumtells... something I hope to learn to do through playing.)

Meph, that's not what I argued at all. I argued that perhaps he's been scum all along, and that he was attempting to divert our attention to important players in order to get them lynched. Weak, crazy argument, but it was just a thought I'd had.
Rules are for suckers.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Ah, I see, I misread it the first time.

Yes, web could easily be scum. But is that your major argument for voting for him?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, you're saying that's not a possibility at all?

(A note on the not commenting on behavior: That's because I suck at reading behavior. I don't identify scumtells... something I hope to learn to do through playing.)

It's not so much that I'm saying it's an impossibility.  It is certainly possible, but there are certain situations where you don't want to say what is possible and what isn't possible.  In the case of a Bastard Mod, you usually want to talk about the situation and discuss various eventualities.  Sometimes you want to logically progress through what the scumteam might be thinking, when you feel you don't have many leads.  You generally don't want to go "But hey, what if he's scum, guys?  What then?  I don't know, but he might be scum?  And I'm going to say that Dakarian is town and stuff.  Because I guess that Webadict is scum, so I can also guess that Dakarian is town."

^Sorry for the weird over-simplification.  I'm trying to explain how confusing I find your statements after I've sent them through my processors.

The definition of WIFOM is a rather delicate one, and you learn it only by playing extensively.

So, I'm not saying Webadict is scum or town; I can't read anything about him.  What I'm saying is that the way you're going about things hurts the town more than it helps.

(Believe me, I understand about the sucking at reading behavior.  I also understand about wanting to follow others' arguments--I used to be pretty much unable to conceive of the idea that others might be lying.  Now I still suck at town, but at least I'm not anywhere near as bad as I used to be)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

1. Why is it that my very well setup argument against Mr.Person is ignored for a mass of WIFOM for Webadict?

@Toonyman

MA BRAIN ASPODE!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 151