Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 276933 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - 6 Alive. Look Upon My Works, Ye Mighty
« Reply #2190 on: January 14, 2010, 10:10:41 am »

In hindsight, that bus was a terrible choice. I should have done Dakarian/Org or maybe even Webadict/Org. Since If Meph was town and they killed him they would have just confirmed Dakarian.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: January 14, 2010, 11:08:05 am »

Now a question:

Why in the world would a psychotic bus driver that drives a clown car start off with a 3 word speech impediment? 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:35 am »

I have absolutely no clue. I don't even think I got sent the whole role, since it was only a paragraph (though it included my abilities and the part at the end that said I win if all scum are eliminated, so maybe everybody just got a paragraph).

Either way, it says nothing about a three word speech impediment, and  I haven't heard anything from Panda about it. I'm sending him another message now.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:43 pm »

That makes no sense.  When a person subs in, they, at least, receive the entire role. It's a simple matter of copy and paste for the host.

What's more, you already knew that the 3-word deal was a part of your role when you came in.  If it wasn't a part of your role PM wouldn't that have been the first question you would send to the host? 

And if you had sent it and didn't get a response, wouldn't it make sense to bring that up when I asked about your role just now?
I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: January 14, 2010, 12:47:09 pm »

He didn't even send me the role for multiple days. He just said I'm replacing SHADOWdump and that I'm a town busser and said to catch up until I got the full role (that really confused me at first, by the way, since I had no idea "bus" had the swap meaning).

When he sent me the role, it was a quoted paragraph and "here's your full role". It does even technically say I'm town, it just said I win when all all scum are dead. So I know it wasn't the entire thing, and I don't know why he didn't send me the entire thing. I only know I'm town because his initial message said so (the win condition implies town, of course).

I figured if it wasn't part of my role pm, it didn't matter. And I sent him the pm later asking for full back details, so I figured he'd let me know eventually. As of this post he still hasn't.

As to the last question, you asked about my role, I looked at my role pm, and then I told you what it said. Why would I even think the mention the 3-word thing when it isn't in my pm? I can't tell you what I don't know.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: January 14, 2010, 05:52:03 pm »

Still no word.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: January 14, 2010, 06:33:09 pm »

@host

May I ask if there are any requests still waiting answers?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:15 pm »

There are no outstanding requests as of the posting of this message.

Do not take this to mean anything; I check PMs before I check threads.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »

Okay, I have no idea what's going on.
The only thing I really have to contribute is that I inspected Mephansteras and he turned up town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: January 14, 2010, 08:09:56 pm »

I don't really know what the hell is going on with GlyphGryph, but I remember SHAD0Wdump having a weird habit of self-imposed post restrictions in other games (like Toon Mafia IV, in which I was scum).  I'm taking that as a null tell, for now, though I'll note his apparent jumpiness.

Okay, I have no idea what's going on.
The only thing I really have to contribute is that I inspected Mephansteras and he turned up town.

Never mind about the no-lynch.  He's lurking, playing confused, and making a stupid attempt at screening his partner... plus there was all that shit with the weird role-blocking Org did earlier.

Lynch him today.  We can figure out what's happening with Meph and GlyphGryph tomorrow, but the obvscum dies now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: January 14, 2010, 08:29:03 pm »

Pandarsenic says he made it up because he was lazy, and that he thinks that is pretty much it. (SHADOW that is)

And there were no IMs sent, apparently. (at least his mention didn't mention any)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: January 14, 2010, 08:40:42 pm »

Vector, have you considered that I might ACTUALLY BE CONFUSED? This is what, my third game, and there's almost 150 pages of meandering gibberish here. Do you expect me to understand it all instantly? Cut me some slack, man, just because I haven't acheived Mafia Nirvana doesn't mean I'm automatically scum. I didn't post because I didn't know what I could do... but then I thought, I might as well post my investigate. Oh, and "screening my partner"? Telling what I got for my investigate doesn't mean I'm scum, you know. Anyone would do it. That's circular logic - he is scum, therefore he's screening his partner, therefore he is scum. It only works if you assume I'm scum in the first place.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: January 14, 2010, 09:33:02 pm »

Alright.  I did what I could here.  I played all the way through.  I pushed and hunted as well as I could.  I do this fully ready to believe what I'm doing and accepting the consequences.

Do or die.

Vote Cheddarius
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: January 14, 2010, 09:47:20 pm »

I hope you're right, dak!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: January 14, 2010, 10:39:01 pm »

Dakarian strides forward, a cold chill in his eyes. Everyone watches him, and none dare speak; the silence is so oppressive they can feel it. He grabs the gun and places it at Org's Cheddarius' head.

"Enough of this."

The town suddenly jumps. The shot was abrupt, shattering the perfect tension. Org Cheddarius glares down. The giant robot, an Imperial Titan, Imperator Class, refuses to die.

"You idiot Heretic King, I'll not die so easily! For the emprah!" He attempts to step on Dakarian. Dakarian grabs a sword that was not present before and lets out the roar of a madman as he scales Org Cheddarius and concludes by thrusting his sword into Org Cheddarius' skull. A sight unusually reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus occurs as Org collapses while black... blood...?... sprays from the wound.

MAFIA MEMBER. Jesus fucking Christ, you're huge. You're... really huge. Any action you take will be announced to anyone because they can't help but see you. You have the power to STARE INTIMIDATINGLY at someone. They will be so intimidated they cannot take any action that night. Your other ability is to STEP ON [PLAYERNAME], which will kill that player. In fact, you will stomp them so thoroughly you will kill them two times. This is a variant of the MAFIAKILL action. The mafia partners are SEXY MOTHERS. You win when it is no longer possible for town to win. The Mafia Chat is at YERMOM

"This battle is not yet lost," Dakarian declares, throwing his crown down upon Org Cheddarius' body.

Ozymandias rule is no longer in effect.

Dakarian is no longer King of Kings.

Night ends no sooner than 11PM Pacific Saturday.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 151