Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 273584 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Day 1, Quit Complaining]
« Reply #555 on: November 07, 2009, 10:52:42 pm »

Yeah, but I'd love to hear it from him.

I suppose after running all the BMs your instinct is to explain, but why bother defending him, Dakarian?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 07, 2009, 10:54:00 pm »

There are three posts in this series, written over the time I am reading the thread.
at-the-mod-post
What the fuck?
(snip)
I have a suspicion that something went horribly wrong in this votecount. Where did I fuck up?
Zai has votes in three places. MrPerson has them in two. Leafsnail unvoted.
Org, participate or I'll seek a replacement for you. Same for Vector and AN.
Org's participating at about the same level as anybody else in the low-posting. It's not very much, but he appears to be improving. No ham sandwiches, e'en, unlike web.
Org: Participate, not POST.

I told Bayer to post over AIM instead of here.
...uh...I'm trying not to be newbie much. But I've seen time and time again that active lurking IS a strategy, permissible, if scummy-seeming. a post pointing out how the antibandwagon is scummy for instance. I continue my cross-game defense of Org because he's improving.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 07, 2009, 10:54:44 pm »

So, uh, guys. Sorry for not posting. I'm fairly ill. I can't see clearly if my head isn't facing almost level because my eyes water, my sinuses are congested as all heck, and my head hurts. So, yeah. Not well.

So since I'm not following the whole thing perfectly (I've read all of it, and I hope I get it), I'm going to ask Webadict: Why do you feel the need to be so obscenely aggressive? And very angry. It's not very productive to make people angry, is it? Emotional people don't do anything mental quite as well.

If there was an answer to that, please tell me and I will look instead of asking.

Until I get an answer, Unvote Eduren. Since I think that's who I was voting.
I'm very productive when I'm angry.

Also, if you thought that was anger, I wasn't even trying to be angry. Anger with emotion is easy to transfer over into writing, because it is what you are made to feel. Like capital letters. They are read as though I'm yelling.

It also helps to serve a point. That being don't be an idiot.

And, it helps destroy metas against me.

Also, dakarian pretty much answered it.

Also, you say you're unable to help but you've managed to know what's happening here without responding for... how long?

Not that much better honestly, considering everything else on his head.

And please just leave off Shadow.  There's plenty of time to tear into him tomorrow when he's claimed that the restriction ends.  Restrictions that bad DO happen and assuming he's lying because it's anti-town is horrible logic.  Zai is horribly scum and, even without him, there's others to focus on.  Shadow can wait for tomorrow. 
I'm not after him because of his restriction. I'm after him because of his DRASTIC SWITCH OF DRASTICNESS! As well as his general scumminess.

I suppose after running all the BMs your instinct is to explain, but why bother defending him, Dakarian?
Because if I'm not here, I can't answer it.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 07, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »

It seemed urgent.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 07, 2009, 10:59:23 pm »

Because I felt that aiming at his attitude isn't helpful for determining his scumminess.  You have to get PAST his personality to see how he truly is.   

I will ask, btw, what DO you feel about Zai- his actions and my argument? 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [19/19, signups closed]
« Reply #560 on: November 07, 2009, 11:00:03 pm »

This is the second post in the series. Please read the analysis the spoiler.
fuck it, webadict deserves a separate post, because e'eryone else would be lost in it. copied header: Ten pages while I slept. Yeek. time to comb for scum (writing as I read) Rashilul...I don't think I'm getting any more out of him. unvote Rashilul So now I read and write through the forest and see if I can find the ninja scum. (BTW it is the j key that is worst now) A pity that all the quotes I pull out will not let me know the huge number of posts written while I write this. Perhaps I'll check by timestamp. 34 pages when I started writing this.

Summary: webadict's being an inconsistent lying scumbag. But I'll give you your hammer-notice.

Got anything to say for yourself other than "go look" and "support your reasoning"? I've done both. Scum.

Oh. Now You're in no danger of being hammered, since an UNVOTE BANDWAGON happened. Gods. I weep for the town.

PPE: damnit spoiler tags won't nest. altering the internal one to a quote...
PPE2: webadict answers a question? Amazing. Hmm. Still, posting...*click, read*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 07, 2009, 11:00:53 pm »

that should be "Please read the analysis IN the spoiler". With a linebreak after.
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 07, 2009, 11:03:28 pm »

Getting emotional?  Going to copy Webadict's jerk mode next?
Emotional? Hardly.

lulwut

It's not defending. It's helping the town not mislynch (or lynch for bad reasons) because of people misreading people.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 07, 2009, 11:06:00 pm »

Cobalt: The reason why the webadict bandwagon ended is because Eduren used his skill to stop the lynch.  If Webadict is hammered the lynch will fail. 

That pushed some people away.  A few others now think of him as town so they left him be.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 07, 2009, 11:10:57 pm »

Thanks, Webadict.

Dakarian, a'ight. That's good enough for me.

As to my thoughts on your argument and Zai: Contradictions don't bode well in my opinion. So, I'll shift my vote to Zai. He is clipping things a bit short, isn't he?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Day 1, TALKING FOREVER]
« Reply #565 on: November 07, 2009, 11:24:57 pm »

Ten pages while I slept. Yeek. time to comb for scum (writing as I read) Rashilul...I don't think I'm getting any more out of him.So now I read and write through the forest and see if I can find the ninjas. (BTW it is the j key that is worst now) A pity that all the quotes I pull out will not let me know the huge number of posts written while I write this. Perhaps I'll check by timestamp. 34 pages when I started writing this. 37 now 38.
dakarian: I suppose that pardon does make it a "safe move", which only makes our job harder.

Summary: Zai,, I choose YOU! You, like webadict, don't care if town die (I brought this up in a prior post, I'm fairly sure), and are being antitown left and right.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 07, 2009, 11:25:44 pm »

Oops. Forgot to add to the above post "This is the third post of three in a series."
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Day 1, TALKING FOREVER]
« Reply #567 on: November 07, 2009, 11:30:14 pm »

You don't do meta? Then what is this?
This is how you normally pay mafia, is it not? Making up fake rules to your role.

That is him commenting on someone else's meta. Durdudur. He said he himself doesn't have meta-tells.
Why are you defending webadict?

How is that defending him? You and Bayer both think pointing out what someone meant/is doing is 'defending' them. That's just stupid.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 07, 2009, 11:36:27 pm »

Holy jesus fuck, where did all these pages come from?

I notice that earlier on alot of people seem to be jumping me for my bandwagoning comment, that was supposed to be sarcasm (in fact almost every post i ever make has sarcasm in it somewhere), but i forgot that you guys don't know me well enough to pick up on sarcasm yet, and i didn't add any smileys for emphasis. Sorry about that.

Now to go read this mountain and work out what the hell is going on (yeah, right.)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:44 pm »

Why, Zai? Couldn't re-interpreting someone's statement or actions be a perfectly valid form of scumbuddy defense?

(Pssst: The answer is yes)
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 151