Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 277414 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [19/19, signups closed]
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2009, 11:02:39 pm »

@Rashilul

Grounds for that scumteam?

@Neruz

mind quoting that so I know the context?

@Web

Going after someone for a post restriction is more of a waste of time than anything else. 

I post to answer your accusations.  If you don't like them, then bring more and new accusations. 

Mephs analysis was based on what he posted.  He went after Nurez for just about the entire time, with a small bit into Shadow.  There's not much to attack him on so that's that. 

The BIG analysis comes from several game days of posts (i.e. the Bay 12 analysis), a deeply scummy person (A few of my older ones), or involving just about everyone (Toony).  I give what I have.

Now, a question: is your main attack on me based on Meta?  You go on a lot about how you 'think' I should be acting.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2009, 11:06:37 pm »

Hoo boy.

So much to read but I think I'll start here:
Additionally, more seriously, tell me (enumerate) your favored scumbuddies and why. Limit to within game so no picking Pandarsenic.
I haven't really played mafia on B12. Mostly on IRC or with my friends or on other forums. Searching my name will bring up a Mafiascum game, which is the first time I played and which I am thoroughly embarrassed about.
So look around, use what you know and can observe, and try to answer the question, please.
Well, the three other scum, Dakarian, Sir Bayer (Who I tried to get to post), and Zai, probably wouldn't appreciate me telling you that.[/joke]

But seriously, those are the ones I'm suspicious of. Not really Zai though, he's just kind of a random place holder.

My ideal scum team...I have no idea, gotta read some other B12 mafia games first.
Why are they suspicious?

Sir Bayer is lurking (Or maybe has stuff to do) and Dakarian is just, as you said, scummy.
I think that I'll need to participate in the discussion a bit more before I can get any farther than that.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2009, 11:07:21 pm »

Webadict is seeming suspicious, too.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2009, 11:10:58 pm »

Rashilul

Please explain why.

You put those names up as if you are pretty darn sure they are scum, yet:

'Sir Bayer is lurking..but maybe he's just not here':  So he's scum..but maybe not scum?

'Dakarian is..scummy': So I'm scum because I'm scummy.  explain..in your own words instead of just trying to make others fill them in for you.

Webadict is suspicious ...how, and TRY not to use MY words for it if you please.
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2009, 11:12:11 pm »

Let's hear a reasoning, other than you feel like it, moron. All you're saying is that I'm scummy, and you're only applying it to a logic statement with no premises. Therefore, your statement is neither sound nor valid.

Wow, let's see someone with real intelligence accuse me this time.

1) I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be so condescending, Your Royal Highness. 2) I'm not trying to convince anybody here right now, and therefore do not need to explain my vote. I'll leave that to Dak, who I think will be much more persuasive. If he starts being scummy again, votes shall change.

At least one of the following is scum: Web, Meph, and Dak. Suspicions in that order right now.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »

Hoo boy.

So much to read but I think I'll start here:
Additionally, more seriously, tell me (enumerate) your favored scumbuddies and why. Limit to within game so no picking Pandarsenic.
I haven't really played mafia on B12. Mostly on IRC or with my friends or on other forums. Searching my name will bring up a Mafiascum game, which is the first time I played and which I am thoroughly embarrassed about.
So look around, use what you know and can observe, and try to answer the question, please.
Well, the three other scum, Dakarian, Sir Bayer (Who I tried to get to post), and Zai, probably wouldn't appreciate me telling you that.[/joke]

But seriously, those are the ones I'm suspicious of. Not really Zai though, he's just kind of a random place holder.

My ideal scum team...I have no idea, gotta read some other B12 mafia games first.
Why are they suspicious?

Sir Bayer is lurking (Or maybe has stuff to do) and Dakarian is just, as you said, scummy.
I think that I'll need to participate in the discussion a bit more before I can get any farther than that.
So, what about the other lurkers? Are they not suspicious as well?

And what about dakarian is the most scummy?

@Rashilul

Grounds for that scumteam?

@Neruz

mind quoting that so I know the context?

@Web

Going after someone for a post restriction is more of a waste of time than anything else. 

I post to answer your accusations.  If you don't like them, then bring more and new accusations. 

Mephs analysis was based on what he posted.  He went after Nurez for just about the entire time, with a small bit into Shadow.  There's not much to attack him on so that's that. 

The BIG analysis comes from several game days of posts (i.e. the Bay 12 analysis), a deeply scummy person (A few of my older ones), or involving just about everyone (Toony).  I give what I have.

Now, a question: is your main attack on me based on Meta?  You go on a lot about how you 'think' I should be acting.
My analysis goes on what I think is off about your explanation. I feel that you are presenting to me and not the crowd. The crowd is we and you're only trying to make me make them believe you're town. That's why I don't like your posts.

And yes about Meph. There isn't a whole lot to go on.

But, the post restriction thing isn't crap. He's obviously not helpful, and likely his role is just a bunch of crap. I'm pretty sure he can speak just fine, and he's only doing it to throw us off. And if he can't his role can't really be considered helpful, since we're playing a game of analyzation and not of "be a stupid a moron."

Let's hear a reasoning, other than you feel like it, moron. All you're saying is that I'm scummy, and you're only applying it to a logic statement with no premises. Therefore, your statement is neither sound nor valid.

1) I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be so condescending, Your Royal Highness. 2) I'm not trying to convince anybody here right now, and therefore do not need to explain my vote. I'll leave that to Dak, who I think will be much more persuasive. If he starts being scummy again, votes shall change.

At least one of the following is scum: Web, Meph, and Dak. Suspicions in that order right now.
... Did you really just say that someone else will explain your vote? Do you have no will? No thought? No soul? Because you're certainly not helpful to your cause. And you ARE trying to convince EVERYONE that the person you're voting for is scum. This isn't random voting if you say I'm scummy but don't say why, and you've certainly made it clear you're not going to say a why, because odds are you don't have a why, now do you? This is likely a test to see who will join you and who will flake. How that's helpful is debatable, but I honestly have better things to deal with than you.

And I never asked you to call me Highness. I won't treat you like a moron if you didn't, ya know, act like one. So, perhaps instead of being a whiney little baby, try stepping up and doing proper analyzing, instead of this WIFOM crap of "Duuuuuuuuh, I think at least one of the town is scum. Duuuuuuh." Yeah, because that's helpful to everyone. Give reasons why.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2009, 11:28:13 pm »

You're doing a marvelous job of looking scummy. Don't even bother saying anything else to me, my vote is not moving, period.

There's 19 players in here. I'm no expert, but we're focusing on Web, Meph, Dakarian, Zai, and SHAD0Wdump a little bit too much. Well, Zai should get more votes, since he's scum, but we need to hear from, oh I dunno, the rest of the fucking town.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2009, 11:31:57 pm »

No I didn't. If I were "pretty darn sure" I would have voted.

'Sir Bayer is lurking..but maybe he's just not here':  So he's scum..but maybe not scum?
Maybe, maybe not. I haven't been participating long enough to really get a read on people. My suspicions for him don't even warrant an FoS.
Also: I forgot about my vote on him, so unvote

'Dakarian is..scummy': So I'm scum because I'm scummy.  explain..in your own words instead of just trying to make others fill them in for you.
You go after Eduren for something that was most obviously a random vote and a joke (Sir Bayer jumped on this right away), and get off being very suspicious of anyone who so much as wags a finger at you.
Perhaps it is just how you play, but it is very scummy.

Webadict is suspicious ...how, and TRY not to use MY words for it if you please.
Mostly for the whole SHAD0Wdump fiasco.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2009, 11:39:08 pm »

I won't be posting much tomorrow or Sunday, due to a wedding and the subsequent drive home. Just warning everyone.

Also, if there is a Gordon Freeman, I hope he attacks me tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2009, 11:52:20 pm »

...Because he's unhelpful?

REEEEEEEEEAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYY????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Please indulge me: What is this SHAD0Wdump fiasco?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 06, 2009, 11:54:00 pm »

My analysis goes on what I think is off about your explanation. I feel that you are presenting to me and not the crowd. The crowd is we and you're only trying to make me make them believe you're town. That's why I don't like your posts.

Partially correct.

When I argue with a person, I do focus on that person and myself.  I'm NOT addressing the town as of yet, though they are content to read it over.  However, I'm not trying to convince you that I'm town either.  Instead, I'm doing two jobs:

1. Answering your questions and accusations.  I have a firm belief that you should answer them even as you are focused elsewhere.  It's extremely scummy to dodge a question or not answer to an accusation.  Note that it is directly aimed at YOU, not the town, since they are YOUR questions. 

Do I try to prove myself town to you?  No.  I answer them because you ask and I can answer.  When you get sick of me always explaining myself to your accusations or answering your questions you can stop sending them to me.

2. Reading you.  It's HARD (for me at least) to read someone that is accusing you, but it's still possible while they attack you, and much easier afterwards if you're still around to do so.  I'm trying to read you through your posts and see just what kind of motive you have behind the text.  As such, it helps me understand you more to continue debating you.  That it's you doing the main attacks doesn't change that, in truth. 

So yes, it's you and me.  If I become SURE that you are scum then you'll see my tone change and my audience expand. 

And yes about Meph. There isn't a whole lot to go on.

So why did you expect a 1000 page report on him? 

But, the post restriction thing isn't crap. He's obviously not helpful, and likely his role is just a bunch of crap. I'm pretty sure he can speak just fine, and he's only doing it to throw us off. And if he can't his role can't really be considered helpful, since we're playing a game of analyzation and not of "be a stupid a moron."

That's the reason behind the Lurker Hunters as well and, frankly, I find that pure Bullshit. 

A townie could be restricted to not post all game and they are still helpful if only because they give us one more lynch before we lose. 

For example, with 4 scum, we have 6 mislynches (assuming only the NK and the lynch itself, which is enough for the point I bring).  If one person gets modkilled we will be down to 5 mislynches before it's over, with a Nolynch somewhere inbetween.  As such, if he's town, then he's one of the reasons why we still have that 6th lynch. 

This is why the 'useless townie' lynch is bullshit.  It hurts every single person in the town just because you are 'annoyed' by them.  If you think he's scum then fine, accuse him, vote for him, get him lynched as scum.  If you think he's town, then shut up about it and stop wasting your time and everyone's attention span with your annoyance of him. 

... Did you really just say that someone else will explain your vote? Do you have no will? No thought? No soul? Because you're certainly not helpful to your cause. And you ARE trying to convince EVERYONE that the person you're voting for is scum. This isn't random voting if you say I'm scummy but don't say why, and you've certainly made it clear you're not going to say a why, because odds are you don't have a why, now do you? This is likely a test to see who will join you and who will flake. How that's helpful is debatable, but I honestly have better things to deal with than you.

And I never asked you to call me Highness. I won't treat you like a moron if you didn't, ya know, act like one. So, perhaps instead of being a whiney little baby, try stepping up and doing proper analyzing, instead of this WIFOM crap of "Duuuuuuuuh, I think at least one of the town is scum. Duuuuuuh." Yeah, because that's helpful to everyone. Give reasons why.

Now you see?  Instead of complaining about mr. 3-words, you could be doing more of this. 
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 06, 2009, 11:59:33 pm »

Problem is I can't properly analyze someone that says three words. They might as well active lurk or just plain-old lurk.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 07, 2009, 12:02:24 am »

No I didn't. If I were "pretty darn sure" I would have voted.

So what IS the purpose of those names?  If you aren't 'sure' then are they random?

Maybe, maybe not. I haven't been participating long enough to really get a read on people. My suspicions for him don't even warrant an FoS.
Also: I forgot about my vote on him, so unvote

So why bring him up?  You don't just put up a person on a list like that for no reason, or are you still in the RVS phase?

You go after Eduren for something that was most obviously a random vote and a joke (Sir Bayer jumped on this right away), and get off being very suspicious of anyone who so much as wags a finger at you.
Perhaps it is just how you play, but it is very scummy.

I'm going off on Eduren based on his 'surprise' response to my prod on him, not for the vote and joke. 

Beyond that, I've mostly been poking at webadict, since he didn't explain his accusations at the time when he called me 'scummy'. 

I can claim that his meta would explain that.  He gets hostile over vagueness and Shadow's 3 word posts haven't helped to make him less than vague. 

Sidenote: mind stating such reasons at the time of you putting those names up, NOT after we have to prod you for it? :P
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 07, 2009, 12:06:32 am »

Problem is I can't properly analyze someone that says three words. They might as well active lurk or just plain-old lurk.

I believe he said that the restriction is temporary.  In Day 2 he'll be able to post regularly.  It's why Meph pulled off on him.

So, in Day 2 it'll be safe to tear into him hard.  If he's still 3-word man then, well, there's the lie right there.
I KNEW IT!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Day 1, TALKING FOREVER]
« Reply #329 on: November 07, 2009, 12:07:55 am »

Uh-oh, look at the title. Anyway kids, I'm off with the girl for a night on the town (and possibly some things the kids may not have experienced >_>)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 151