Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 276373 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Day 1, TALKING FOREVER]
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2009, 02:14:45 am »

That was Sarcasm, Sarcasm!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2009, 04:58:30 am »

Woah... rather a lot of pages since I was last here.  I'll go through my top suspects now.  Unvote.

Webadict:  Ok, what the hell?  Passivity, weak attacks, weak defense, weak everything... it's almost as if you're trying to avoid detection!  When on earth does town webadict do this?
Mephansteras: Useless questions, and yes, they do resemble the questions he asked in Bay 12 Mafia in order to try and appear as if he was doing something and scumhunting.  Town Meph seems to be significantly more aggressive.
Rashilul: My vote was on you originally, and while you haven't given me any real reason to remove it, I'm unvoting in order to put more pressure on webadict, who has now surpassed you in terms of scumminess.  However, you've come up with a list of scum, but you don't seem to have acted on it, nor do you seem to have pressured any of the members of this list at all.  How come?
Dakarian: Actually, he seems to be acting like he usually does as town.  I certainly wouldn't clear him of being scum, but he's not on my main list at the moment.
Zaithemaster: Ok, what the hell is up with this post:
1) I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be so condescending, Your Royal Highness. 2) I'm not trying to convince anybody here right now, and therefore do not need to explain my vote. I'll leave that to Dak, who I think will be much more persuasive. If he starts being scummy again, votes shall change.
Leaving someone else to attack for you is the very definition of passivity!  You should be doing your own scumhunting, not just waiting for a super poster, who's not totally guarenteed to be town anyway, to do it for you.
Lurkers: Argh, there's too many of them.  For now, however, I'd prefer a lynch on someone who's acting scummily than someone who hasn't posted yet.  One day we might get our 10 votes on someone...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2009, 05:07:55 am »

Not bloody likely, unless we all decide to band together and lynch webadict because he's too dangerous to leave alive, town or scum.

But then again, considering past histories of games like this and player actions, the same could probably be said for Toony.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 07, 2009, 05:10:14 am »

Oh, and Pandarsenic, I know it'll be tough, but would you mind giving us a votecount?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 07, 2009, 05:12:04 am »

I think i can safely sum up the vote count as 'everyone is voting everyone else'.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 07, 2009, 05:12:36 am »

Also, holy shit 24 pages and we havn't even reached first night.

This is rediculous.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 07, 2009, 06:25:44 am »

Votecount.  10 to hammer.  Not guarenteed to be fully accurate.
Spoiler: Unofficial Votcount (click to show/hide)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 07, 2009, 06:34:29 am »

Dakarian's got the most votes, so if we actually want to lynch someone the best bet would be to bandwagon him.

Also i see Meph is still furiously waving his finger at me. Hi Meph, i'm afraid i'm innocent, but that's some mighty-fine finger pointing you're doing there.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 07, 2009, 07:54:33 am »

We have 19 people to sort over.  We just BARELY pushed everyone enough to get some real input.  This isn't a mess: we actually have good info here.  This is Scumhunting in regular form. 

It's taking a while because...well.. that's how long it takes when you don't rely on power roles and luck.  Over in the mafiascum forums, the first day can go on for 3 weeks with only 9 people and, trust me, those weeks were NEEDED. 

We don't quite need a ton more time here, but don't think we need to just go randomly lynch someone now.  Instead, practice doing a Wide Scan:

Pull up notepad, grab the list of players, then start at the moment the game began.  go down the posts taking note on three events from each player:

1. Votes, including the first randomvote.  Also note reasons (if any) for vote switches
2. scumtownwhateverTells you see.
3. Anything that catches your eye.

You can focus on a particular issue (passiveness, rolehunting, ext..) or make  it an overall account of everyone's actions this day, whatever you think is useful.  Avoid biases: pretend everyone is Neutral when you start and don't even THINK of considering someone scum or town until you are done.  If you don't know how to find scumtells or scummy behavior just write what they've done so you at least know what was going on.

After that, you'll have a good account on how people have acted so far.  Send questions to those who did something odd, and attack those who looked the most scummy to you.  Stop trying to end the day and try to actually make use of the day.

Will you catch scum the first day?  Maybe, maybe not.  However, even if not, those notes will become a powerful tool later on.  In fact, the attacks you do based on those notes today will ALSO be useful later on.  This day is where you get the data that makes Day 2 and 3 so knowledgeable.

THAT is how you scumhunt. 

As for my own self, I needed to rest after that last post.  I'll be able to dive in soon enough. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 07, 2009, 07:59:52 am »

I am well aware as to how to scumhunt, unfortunately i havn't turned up anything of use; i don't know how everyone plays mafia well enough to pick up on personality specific tells, and the non-personality specific tells are enough to make me plenty suspicious of people, but nobody really jumps out as a clear vote candidate.

Also, it's late, sleep time for me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 07, 2009, 08:01:13 am »

Btw, for all of this 'taking forever' mess:

Realize this is the first post of the game, on November 5th.  We've only been doing this for 2 days.  Almost every other game on this forum has a longer Day 1 than that!  #)#%# the newbies in Beginner's took about as long and they ended in a VERY rapid bandwagon.

We're not taking a long time.  We just have 19 people here with a good few active folks who are actually trying to scumhunt and contribute.  That's a VERY good thing, for town at least.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 07, 2009, 08:03:36 am »

I am well aware as to how to scumhunt, unfortunately i havn't turned up anything of use; i don't know how everyone plays mafia well enough to pick up on personality specific tells, and the non-personality specific tells are enough to make me plenty suspicious of people, but nobody really jumps out as a clear vote candidate.

Also, it's late, sleep time for me.

For now, just focus on knowing what everyone has done so far the past 2 RL days.  Once you know, aim for those suspicious people and push them till they crack.  You don't need to aim your vote for the kill: aim your vote as a pressure vote to make them crack and either calm your suspicions or become a clear lynch target.
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #357 on: November 07, 2009, 08:58:48 am »

OK, we've posted a lot-far to much for me to memorize.

I do have to say that web seems a bit more pushy than per average, so (unvote) vote Web.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 07, 2009, 10:00:54 am »

Unvote. I'm going to follow Neruz's suggestion. But it isn't random: He suggested that we don't lynch at odd numbers, which is statisticallly bad from what I've heard. And don't forget this:
Dakarian's got the most votes, so if we actually want to lynch someone the best bet would be to bandwagon him.
What. The. Fuck.
"Let's just bandwagon him because he's got the most votes"? Isn't that approaching the definition of scummy?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 07, 2009, 10:07:53 am »

Woah... rather a lot of pages since I was last here.  I'll go through my top suspects now.  Unvote.

Webadict:  Ok, what the hell?  Passivity, weak attacks, weak defense, weak everything... it's almost as if you're trying to avoid detection!  When on earth does town webadict do this?
Mephansteras: Useless questions, and yes, they do resemble the questions he asked in Bay 12 Mafia in order to try and appear as if he was doing something and scumhunting.  Town Meph seems to be significantly more aggressive.
Rashilul: My vote was on you originally, and while you haven't given me any real reason to remove it, I'm unvoting in order to put more pressure on webadict, who has now surpassed you in terms of scumminess.  However, you've come up with a list of scum, but you don't seem to have acted on it, nor do you seem to have pressured any of the members of this list at all.  How come?
Dakarian: Actually, he seems to be acting like he usually does as town.  I certainly wouldn't clear him of being scum, but he's not on my main list at the moment.
Zaithemaster: Ok, what the hell is up with this post:
1) I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be so condescending, Your Royal Highness. 2) I'm not trying to convince anybody here right now, and therefore do not need to explain my vote. I'll leave that to Dak, who I think will be much more persuasive. If he starts being scummy again, votes shall change.
Leaving someone else to attack for you is the very definition of passivity!  You should be doing your own scumhunting, not just waiting for a super poster, who's not totally guarenteed to be town anyway, to do it for you.
Lurkers: Argh, there's too many of them.  For now, however, I'd prefer a lynch on someone who's acting scummily than someone who hasn't posted yet.  One day we might get our 10 votes on someone...

Well, we can tell that Leafsnail has no sense of perspective. Let's see, who's next...

Ah!
OK, we've posted a lot-far to much for me to memorize.

I do have to say that web seems a bit more pushy than per average, so (unvote) vote Web.
I'm glad that you've avoided all the real scummy behavior to point out that I'm pushy, which matches up perfectly with how I normally am. If I were generally passive, or having weak attacks (NOW WHERE DID I HEAR THAT?), perhaps I'd be guilty of that, but I switch it up to avoid that meta.

If you want to use meta against me, you're going to have to try a whole lot harder.

Love the two angles you two seemed to put on me.

Now give examples, morons.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 151