Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 273497 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Night 1, Ends 11PM Pacific Monday]
« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2009, 11:19:36 pm »

I was just gonna point out some parts in his role PM thing.

Anyway, night everyone.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Night 1, Ends 11PM Pacific Monday]
« Reply #631 on: November 09, 2009, 11:33:59 pm »

1. There's 4 votes on webadict at the moment.

2.  Just did a quickscan on Leafsnail:

First he Randomvotes ExKirby then later defends ExKirby, then fusses at him.  He then Defends Toonyman while poking at Neruz, then later votes for Rashilul.

He then dissapears during the whole me vs Web thing and shows up again to fling a top suspects list: In that list he Votes Webadict, FOSes Meph/Rash/Zai, and casually mentions me

After the bandwagon breaks apart, he Unvotes Web and says he'll probably vote zai or rash

The last thing he does is Unvotes ExKirby, but that's because Pandarsenic showed him as voting for ExKirby.

OHBTW, Leaf was the 3rd vote on the Web bandwagon.  3rd vote scumtell strikes again!

As for ExKirby..he votes for SirBayer but unvotes once Sir speaks up, then wanders around wondering if he'll be killed and sits in confusion.  He then votes Nihlist as a lurker hunt, then votes Web for being 'too pushy'.  That's pretty much it.

Btw, the web vote: 4th vote, soon after Leaf's vote.

Unvote(Cheeetar), I believe ExKirby is scum.

Talk, NOW ExKirby.  I don't have to wait for a bandwagon to wipe you out.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 09, 2009, 11:36:23 pm »

I voted Zaithe because that day was cramped and confused. Too much was happening and it was a mess. Zai was scummy, buddying up with Webadict alot (which shows he though Web was scummy) so I ended the day with him dead.

And, yeah, kill Webadict now seems to be the point of this day.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day2 - Kill Webadict Now Rule]
« Reply #633 on: November 09, 2009, 11:38:43 pm »

We'd probably all regret it, but rules are rules.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 09, 2009, 11:50:08 pm »

We'd probably all regret it, but rules are rules.
If you are going to regret it, then why do it?

And no, the rules are not the rules. Pandar has admitted to being a bastard in this game and so cannot be trusted.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 09, 2009, 11:51:19 pm »

Last time I saw the town pushed towards an action it was Pandarsenic nearly wiping out everyone for a solo win until we started bulking.

So forgive me if I bulk from the bandwagon and ask: why was Webadict really aimed for the lynch D1?

So far I'm seeing:

1. The attack against me.  His reasons were argued down but that doesn't make them scummy. 
2. His attitude.  I saw a few people who seem to be voting less to kill scum and more to shut him up. 

It would be easy to just follow along blindly, but I want a good explanation for it.
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:42 pm »

2. His attitude.  I saw a few people who seem to be voting less to kill scum and more to shut him up. 
This actually seemed to be an undertone to his near-lynch. I'm guessing that (As seen in this board many times) people were lynching to punish a certain behavior. While I don't exactly like his hostility, I'm not going to try to change him.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 10, 2009, 12:00:57 am »

He was constantly attacking Shadow for the three post restriction thing, despite the fact that he said he would be able to talk normally on Day 2. He even said himself
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, his big quote fest of reason here was really weak.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:37 am »

And by three post, I mean three word.
I've played some mafia.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 10, 2009, 12:02:52 am »

Rashilul. Not only did you jump on the bandwagon du jour, you provided no reasons whatsoever.

[PPE]: I'm not saying he wasn't scummy, just that a few of those votes may have more to do with his play-style.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 10, 2009, 12:15:43 am »

It's about as bad as policy lynches, lurker lynches, or any other non-scum based lynch.  It's playing to punish, not playing to win.  What's more, it's MUCH more common for scum to avoid such actions since they are regular lynch targets (with exceptions going to strategic lurking though even that is only detectable once you already spotted the scum). 

And the host declaring the rule is ready-made WIFOM-in-a-box. 

@Cheeetar

his attack on Shadow wasn't much better than the lurker hunt combined with OMGUS. 

The problem, town is just as likely to do it as scum *points to Alexhans*.  It's a null tell.

The quote insanity actually is valid.  he DID have reasons to attack me.  I broke them down but reasons they were.

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 10, 2009, 12:25:49 am »

Just for reference, I'll throw you all a bone here. "Kill Webadict Now" is the name of the name of the rule. It's not the actual content of the rule.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 10, 2009, 12:28:37 am »

Rash isn't too much better either.  Leaf kept mentioning him without actually attacking him later on (especially they "Zai and Rash" comment after unvoting Web, which came after my attacks on Zai which brought on the bandwagon).

He's also been pretty darn passive and triggered the 4th vote scumtell.

Meanwhile:

Well, since I'm likely to die by the next passing moron, I'm Pandarsenic. I'm basically a one-shot ultra-cop and I get to have anyone's role PM I want. So, I'll probably die tonight anyway now, but I'd really enjoy being able to say who's scum before I die, so if you plan to hammer, give me some notice.

Definitely good to wait for web to speak before killing him.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 10, 2009, 12:33:20 am »

Hm... so, if it isn't the actual content of the role, I'm thinking there's something funky going on with the situation.

That is, we have a "Webadict" running around.  My guess is that if someone unvotes and then votes the Webadict, then we're going to see a transfer of Webadictification (:P).

So, what will probably happen is that

1. If we lynch whoever Leafsnail converted, that person will transfer their powers over to whoever voted and then unvoted them.

2. This event will disappear after tomorrow (otherwise I think there's a bit of overpoweredness involved).

If this is correct, I think a no-lynch might be the right answer (provided that 2 is right).  That way we'll nail the scum in his grave.

If 2 is incorrect, then we're in trouble.  I'm not sure that celling up will be the right answer this time, given the number of players and potential sticking of scum with scum.

If 1 and 2 are incorrect, then I have no idea what we should do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:40 am »

Oh, and my apologies for the long absence.  I've been largely AFK for the past bit, and didn't have the couple of hours I'd need to go through this monster with pencil and paper.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 151