Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 273621 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day2 - Kill Webadict Now Rule]
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2009, 02:31:26 am »

Hey morons, we have converting scum and a magistrate. Put 2 and 2 together. It isn't that he HAS to be scum, we just can't risk Eduren being scum, that's all.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:46 am »

Hello. I am a roleblocker

I THOUGHT YOU WERE AHERETIC XENO SCUM.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 10, 2009, 06:58:46 am »

Hey morons, we have converting scum and a magistrate. Put 2 and 2 together. It isn't that he HAS to be scum, we just can't risk Eduren being scum, that's all.

Technically a good point, especially since Magistrate tends to be a pretty useless role all things considered.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 10, 2009, 09:30:35 am »

Considering how he's already told what he is, stopping another lynch would be suicide for him.  Note that the mafia can't just waste a death just to nolynch.

Seriously guys.  Stop the nonscum lynching.  Killing Web because's he's a prick.  Killing Shadow because he writes in 3 words for one day.  Killing Eduren even though a nolynch will mean he frys (when we get close to lylo, it'll be another matter).

Meanwhile, no one wants to comment on my findings about ExKirby?  You can't beat information gathered after a confirmed scum dies.

ALSO

@Web

What did you get last night, since it's pretty much a sure bet that you used it just in case you get to live one more day?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #664 on: November 10, 2009, 11:22:59 am »

Actually, dakarian, this post was about my absences. You see, you people have a habit of posting loads while I'm asleep/at school. Meaning there's far too much for me to read AND evaluate when I get back, so I skip it, often leading to me missing key detials. Therefor, I would like to ask for a replacement.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 10, 2009, 11:50:18 am »

Explains the dissapearance, but the link between leaf and you is still there. 

@everyone

Anyone have an issue with an ExKirby Vig and a Rash lynch today?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 10, 2009, 12:03:38 pm »

Oh, so you have become/know the vig? That's either scum or a bold claim.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition [Night 1, Ends 11PM Pacific Monday]
« Reply #667 on: November 10, 2009, 12:42:56 pm »

Unvote(Cheeetar)

Oh well in that case Unvote webadict. (Response to Pandar's bone).

I apologize for not scum-hunting right now, but I'm short on time, and this really needs to be said.

You fools! Do not, I repeat do not unvote. Dakarian, you should know better than this. "Kill Webadict Now" references his game, in which the first person to unvote the webadict BECAME THE WEBADICT WHEN HE WAS KILLED. I understand this is a bit of a leap, but this could be what Panda means, and if it is, this game just turned into a Bastard Mod game, and we can't afford to play that way.

Perhaps my reaction is a bit over-the-top or off-target, but this is very, very important. If I'm right and there's a Webadict-equivalent role now, we need to discover who it was passed on to, and -

Dakarian... you should've known better than that. You played that game. You were the Webadict at one point in that game.

Dakarian, why didn't you consider what that meant?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 10, 2009, 12:57:17 pm »

I've always been a vig.  However, I'm not Leafsnail's killer.

Instead I'm a one shot day vigger.  I took a chance at staying silent day 1 and hoping I don't die.  Now that it's day 2, I'm opting to make use of what I have so that a random NK doesn't off me.  Besides, we may have enough info to find two people who truely look scummy to make best use of it.

Fakeedit

#%)*)%  I didn't think of it!

Well, it's not all horror.  If the Webadict trick works the same as last game, the switch ONLY occurs if the old webadict dies the same day. 

As such, if Cheeetar is the webadict, it'll only switch to me if Cheeetar dies today.  Same for Neruz and Webadict.  If we need to kill them, we can kill them tommorow and avoid unvoting.

And no, it's not a bit of a leap.  It may not be the case, but it's good to vent the issue.

Btw, Zai wouldn't be the webadict, since the 'rule' kicked in after he died.  Leaf, meanwhile, ....hmm, I'll do a scan on votes and unvotes done on him.

Again, you only have to worry about unvotes on the folks who die the same day if the rule works the same way as before.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2009, 01:06:59 pm »

RAEG

Did you people completely forget the part where I said precisely that two or three pages ago?  And, in fact, thought we might want to NL so that the scum gets nailed down (given that it's supposed to be a today-only effect)?  Or were you all too busy examining your navels?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 10, 2009, 01:09:44 pm »

Yeah, I imagine that the reason today is 'Kill Webadict Now' is because of Leafsnail. Which means there is a good chance that if someone votes whoever Leafsnail became is going to turn into Leafsnail after the previous one dies.

At least we have some clues. If this was Paranormal we wouldn't know that the Advanced Dopp had done his thing.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 10, 2009, 01:14:32 pm »

According to the Webadict of KNW mafia, it has to be a vote THEN unvote.  Simply voting or leaving the person alone does not allow the switch.  I died as webadict because no one voted for me day 2 when I was NKed.

So we DON'T need to nolynch.  We just have to be careful: don't unvote unless you're sure the person won't die.

Meanwhile, the newleafsnail won't be easily spotted since D1 they were true town. 

OTOH, we have two normal scum that were scum D1 and still scum D2.  I believe Exkirby and Rash might be the two in question.  Anyone have other suggestions?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 10, 2009, 01:20:31 pm »

Yes. You get bent.

Seriously though, in the current condition, you're dead in two ways, on the basis that you're the only one who is aiming at me. Either you don't kill me, and the mafia kill you to remove the vig, or you kill me and everyone suspects you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 10, 2009, 01:23:30 pm »

That's the thing, though: We can't kill anyone who has been unvoted today.  That is:

Cheeetar
Webadict

Well, okay.  That's not so bad, as long as we don't kill either of them.

Also,

Yes. You get bent.

Seriously though, in the current condition, you're dead in two ways, on the basis that you're the only one who is aiming at me. Either you don't kill me, and the mafia kill you to remove the vig, or you kill me and everyone suspects you.

This is horribly defensive reasoning.  You might want to think up something else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 10, 2009, 01:25:45 pm »

Well, it makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Well, maybe not the second half, but the first bit does.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 151