Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 276292 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1095 on: November 19, 2009, 12:02:58 am »

Ok, first stop on the scumtour:

Hey Meph!
What's up?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1096 on: November 19, 2009, 12:03:55 am »

Shadowdump, why did you want to hammer?
For 'lulz'.

Sorry.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 19, 2009, 01:01:52 am »

Meh, I'm not offended. Honestly I kind of understand, but I'm sure you'll understand if my vote sticks.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day2 - Kill Webadict Now Rule]
« Reply #1098 on: November 19, 2009, 01:39:30 am »

I do believe WIFOM is the ultimate evil.  I believe it's more powerful than the Night Kill.  I've seen towns knowing, KNOWING who the scum is and pulling back because of it. 

Not getting aggressive.  Funny that.  I've said to your face that you are being wishy washy, passive, and self-defensive.  Do you take those as compliments?

THIS post though can be summed up as: "I don't think Neruz is scum"

Though it also has a hint of "I'm not that interested on who scum is." 

Though, in truth, your entire post, and much of the other post is for this goal:

Who knows, maybe somebody will figure out I'm town from reading into my WIFOMy statement.

Aka, you want to look town.

"I'm aggressive, see, I even said you were acting scummy! I'm not going to vote you or say you're scum, but I am going to say you might be scum. See how non-passive I am guys!"

Vote Dakarian. You're lying, you haven't been aggressive all game. You being passive is a scum-tell, thus, you're scum. Double whammy, really. You also haven't answered my question, which was how predefending oneself was scummy.

For instance, you say I'm trying to look town. You don't say it's scummy to do that, so it's not an attack. Then again, if you did say it's scummy to try and look town, I'd laugh at you. Everybody's trying to look town, that's kind of the goal. Sure, scum try harder to look town, but the town would very much like to be seen as town, too. Thus, trying to look town is a null tell. To add insult to injury, I wasn't actively trying to look town to anyone. I was saying that somebody might read into what I said and figure out my alignment from it. Yes, I suppose I could of said "somebody might figure out my alignment from reading into my WIFOMy statement", but I didn't think it mattered. Apparently, it does in scum-Dakarian land.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:41 am »

And no progression is made!

Unvote dakarian.

Vote Neruz.  Screw you guys and your waiting.  NOTHING IS GOING TO GET DONE.  Let's see if he was Town or Mafia now.

Toony: Why did you think nothing would come of further discussion? I believe I brought up a few good points about how this was an irrational bandwagon and would have liked to have taken a closer look.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 19, 2009, 02:20:15 am »

I vote Shad0wdump. Still active lurking, random voting, hammering 'for the lulz'. Ask for a replacement, or be lynched. You can still ask for a replacement and play while the replacement is being found, by the way.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 19, 2009, 07:15:22 am »

Ask for a replacement, or be lynched.
I don wanna.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 19, 2009, 07:21:20 am »

This game will go on for a while. 14 people means about 7 more days. HAMMER Days.

Maybe I didnt want to do a night action?

Cobalt Kobold
hasnt been here.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 19, 2009, 08:40:31 am »

"I'm aggressive, see, I even said you were acting scummy! I'm not going to vote you or say you're scum, but I am going to say you might be scum. See how non-passive I am guys!"

Vote Dakarian. You're lying, you haven't been aggressive all game. You being passive is a scum-tell, thus, you're scum. Double whammy, really. You also haven't answered my question, which was how predefending oneself was scummy.

1. You feed words into my mouth that I didn't say then call me a liar for not following them.  Manipulation of wording. Noted.

2. Excluding the insanely bitter end of D2 when we all grew tired as anything, mind explaining just how I have NOT been aggressive? 

For instance, you say I'm trying to look town. You don't say it's scummy to do that, so it's not an attack. Then again, if you did say it's scummy to try and look town, I'd laugh at you. Everybody's trying to look town, that's kind of the goal. Sure, scum try harder to look town, but the town would very much like to be seen as town, too. Thus, trying to look town is a null tell.

Town isn't trying to LOOK town.  Town is trying to hunt SCUM.  When you see a town worried over their own scumtells you end up seeing  a town that's either unable to attack a scum properly or..well.. true scum. 

We don't scumhunt to look pretty.  We scumhunt to find the enemy, even if it kills us.

The phrase wasn't a soft one.  Claiming that you are 'trying to look town' is read as "you are playing an act".  Towns ARE town.. Scum ACT town. 

To add insult to injury, I wasn't actively trying to look town to anyone. I was saying that somebody might read into what I said and figure out my alignment from it. Yes, I suppose I could of said "somebody might figure out my alignment from reading into my WIFOMy statement", but I didn't think it mattered. Apparently, it does in scum-Dakarian land.

How about instead of worrying over whether you 'fit in as town' you actually try hunting the enemy instead? 

In fact, I find it very interesting that, beyond your claim that I'm Passive that you VERY MUCH need to show evidence of to keep that as a crap claim, your main argument to me being scum is based on my mafiatheory not matching with yours: that I don't see your "see? I can look town" as a null tell like you want me to.

Also a whole ton of this post seems less about why I am scum but why I am wrong in thinking you did a scummy act.  You're defending yourself during an attack on me :P.  What's more, you felt so concerned to PROVE that you weren't acting scummy that you had to wait until the perfect moment-after Neruz was killed and once everyone was rested in Day 3 and needed a new person to lynch-to bring it up.

So attempting to throw back my argument at me with no evidence, using that 'attack' to defend yourself, deciding not to bring it up Day 2 when it was still fresh but in Day 3 so it can be the first thing on people's minds, and word manipulation while basing an argument on said manipulation.

Wow.. I really did forget about what you brought up: normally I'd have to do a scan to retrieve it.  You not only brought it back for me but gave even more to hang yourself with. 

Unvote Meph    Vote Mr.Person

Btw, pre-defense is a VERY small scumtell, just enough to make a note and comment but not enough to lynch alone.  It suggests that you are carefully controlling your responses like how a killer will cover their tracks to avoid detection.  It also suggests fear of being attacked. 

Again, a small thing, but it's NOT a town-tell and it's a bit more dark for a null tell. 

Trying to defend yourself in the cover of an 'attack'.. now THAT is a very ugly scum tell.
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 19, 2009, 08:45:18 am »

Buh?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 19, 2009, 08:50:02 am »

Failquote is fail!

I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 19, 2009, 08:50:53 am »

I'm not sure how defending himself in an attack on you is a scum tell. Not defending yourself at all and just attacking would be stupid.
I've played some mafia.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 19, 2009, 08:57:45 am »

Defending while attacking is fine.  The problem:

His attack had very little to go on.  I accused him of being passive.  He went "No YOU!" and left it at that.  He clearly had time to post a good deal and quote past information, so it would've been better if he spent more of that time showing how I was being passive 'all game'.  As it stands, it just seems like an excuse to let himself go on about his defense without looking otherwise.

Thus the point of 'looking like town' instead of 'being town'.  The attack is just there to make it seem like something more than it is: a self-defensive post.  He wants to look aggressive, but he's not.  He wants to look town, but he's not..not really.
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:13 am »

... Hmm...

dakarian.

I see you're bringing back the OMGUS for scumtells, as well as keeping the overdefensiveness.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 19, 2009, 09:55:50 am »

Meh, OMGUS never worked as a scumtell and Mr.Person's post was about as bad as they come for attacks.  If you're going to attack me, do something other than spend the entire post defending yourself.

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 151