Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 277375 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day2 - Kill Webadict Now Rule]
« Reply #1155 on: November 19, 2009, 05:58:03 pm »

I've been looking at this different for a bit.
Let's just go along with the ifs for a bit.

IF Neruz is town.  That would make Apostolic, dakarian, and Meph scum easily.

Let's see...Apostolic Nihilst was Town, we learned that last night. dakarian is town, I learned that yesterday from his day-kill of ExKirby. And I know I'm town.

So...ToonyMan, you're either scum and using your null-tell self to hide it and get away with killing town or your Toony Tunnel is just really broken today. Which is it?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1156 on: November 19, 2009, 06:01:07 pm »

I'm town actually.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 19, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »

Let's see...Apostolic Nihilst was Town, we learned that last night. dakarian is town, I learned that yesterday from his day-kill of ExKirby. And I know I'm town.

So...ToonyMan, you're either scum and using your null-tell self to hide it and get away with killing town or your Toony Tunnel is just really broken today. Which is it?

Also, huh?

How does this proof townitude?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 19, 2009, 06:08:03 pm »

Also, huh?

How does this proof townitude?
You must have missed his claim.

Of course he could be lying but that is a given.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1159 on: November 19, 2009, 06:09:16 pm »

Heh, that actually confirms that dakarian and Meph are scum.

Quite cool indeed.  I'm surprised I missed that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 19, 2009, 06:11:58 pm »

I have an investigative role that tells me the alignment of the person who killed someone. I investigated ExKirby yesterday and learned that the person who killed him was town. Ergo, dakarian was town.

No, I can't prove that without dying. But it is enough for me to know that dakarian is town. And I know I'm town. So, based off the information I have you're either doing really really bad at finding scum this game or you are scum. Right now, I think you're scum.

You voted for both people who've been killed so far this game, hammering the second, and you have been focusing a lot on people who I either know are town or flipped town on death.

I think your "I told you Neruz was town" quote is just you being scum and trying to look town by telling people you didn't think he was scum.

Fake-Edit: If everyone decides they need to lynch me today to prove it GO RIGHT AHEAD!. I'm town this game and I'm not afraid of dying if it'll help us win.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 19, 2009, 06:17:28 pm »

I'm not afraid of dying either.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 19, 2009, 07:28:33 pm »

I have an investigative role that tells me the alignment of the person who killed someone. I investigated ExKirby yesterday and learned that the person who killed him was town. Ergo, dakarian was town.

No, I can't prove that without dying. But it is enough for me to know that dakarian is town. And I know I'm town. So, based off the information I have you're either doing really really bad at finding scum this game or you are scum. Right now, I think you're scum.

You voted for both people who've been killed so far this game, hammering the second, and you have been focusing a lot on people who I either know are town or flipped town on death.

I think your "I told you Neruz was town" quote is just you being scum and trying to look town by telling people you didn't think he was scum.

Fake-Edit: If everyone decides they need to lynch me today to prove it GO RIGHT AHEAD!. I'm town this game and I'm not afraid of dying if it'll help us win.
...So then what did you get today...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 19, 2009, 07:34:12 pm »

Apostolic Nihilist was killed by a Mafia member using a Knife.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 19, 2009, 07:35:52 pm »

Why didn't you say this info sooner?

Or did you forget about your fake-claim?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 19, 2009, 07:40:52 pm »

Just busy, and I only got this information a little while ago.
Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 19, 2009, 08:22:37 pm »

It didn't hit me until earlier, especially since ExKirby's demeanor later on was very scummy, but at first, your entire case was based around a scum who knew he was going to be dead. Anybody could tell you the WIFOM potential there. In any case, what happened to your Webadict suspicions? They just died during the first night.

You need a paragraph between those two ideas. 

About ExKirby, scum-links still exist even if the scum think they are hiding it.  Anyone could tell me?  Funny, NO ONE DID.  I thought it was valid.  ExKirby not defending himself at all didn't help and no one else stepped in.  If it really was that bad of a move I would've LOVED if you had said it back in D2. Given what I had known then, I stand by my choice.

About Web.. I'll need a scan on him to read him.  Still need to deal with you first.

Yes, you've been passive. After you killed ExKirby, you have not been active AT ALL until right now. Go ahead, say every attack you've made since then.

Wait wait wait.. so first I'm passive and did nothing.. then I pushed hard for Neruz to die, complete with bringing in others to vote for him.. now I'm passive and did nothing again.

Choose.  Either I was passive and didn't try to kill Neruz or I mindlessly attacked him to death for no good reason.

Meanwhile:
I remember running a scan on Meph which resulted in something ugly but not completely horrible.  I also had done lookups on Rash who is still under my eye, made several attacks on Neruz for varying results, and spent some time with you resulting in what's going on now.

And that was during a time when even I admit I was 'passive'. 

And that's without a scan on myself to find the details. 

Wait a fucking second, why didn't you kill d1? Why did you wait until d2? I can understand not wanting to act like Web in Paranormal XI, but you should always day kill on the first day, especially since you had strong suspicions. You wanted to kill Webadict, you were waiting for his inspection result, yes? You should of shot who you thought was scum, thus giving us 2 lynches. You did so, but only on the second day, not the first. I don't know why you would do that, unless you were worried Webadict would figure out you had a day kill AND you two were of opposite alignments. I'm just saying, your behavior changes dramatically after the first night, which I'm saying is probably due to being converted into the mafia.

Day 1 is hard as nails to get a good attack on since we're busy trying to feel each other out.  Alex tried the D1 kill thing in Bay 12 and hit town twice.  Waiting longer means you get a better chance of hitting scum.  It also means a better chance of dying before you can use it.  So I compromised and claimed on D2.

No I was not waiting on Web's investigation. 

I DID shoot who I thought was scum, giving us 2 lynches.

If I feared Webadict, wouldn't it make more sense just to daykill him and leave it at that?  Note my power doesn't show who did the kill: you know only because I claimed.

So NOW you're saying I'm acting radically different from D1 to D2. 

So it goes from Hyperpassiveness, to RandomAggression, back to Hyperpassiveness, and now to ChangeofStyle  with each one only showing up AFTER I blow the last one out of the water. 

If you had ALL of these arguments against me, why didn't your first post bring them up? 

Why does it sound like you are fishing for more reasons instead of presenting your whole case? 

Why is every one vague with few examples? 

Why do you not keep to the same argument after I tear it down if you really believe that's what makes me scummy?

You don't HAVE a solid reason.  You just want to keep throwing things at me until something sticks, or perhaps I just get tired of you.  Well, go ahead and keep going.  It won't change the fact that you are scum.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 19, 2009, 08:23:27 pm »

four pages...

Fine.

Requesting a replacement.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 19, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »

Random aggression? Not only have I not said you did that, but that's not even scummy. Don't know where you got that from, so I'm just going to ignore that. Wanna know why there's few examples? I'm not in the mood to quote posts from a thread this size, plus, how am I supposed to quote a lack of attacks, quote all your posts?

Here's day one. First, you jump on Neruz, I believe. You were putting pressure on him when suddenly Webadict shows up. You two argue. While the two of you are arguing, you continually say Neruz needs additional pressure. You don't apply this pressure and in fact never ask Neruz another question once Webadict hit the scene. Eventually, you totally forget about Neruz. After about 4 people vote for Webadict, you don't post again until Eduren's claim. After that, you exclaim Zai needs to die without voting him. Later, you jump in at slot 5, I remember, and then disappear again.

Day two, things are different. You're not doing wide scans, and you barely ask any questions. Quickly, you announce you have a day kill and say you'd like to kill ExKirby. When you said this, ExKirby's response was scummy enough to justify killing him. THAT'S why I had no qualms with you killing him. Your original reason was WIFOMy (another reason I didn't bring it up, turns out that I should of, sue me), but ExKirby's response was scummy. Anyways, after that, you ask some questions, but you aren't attacking anyone, not in a way that would really find scum. When you finally do attack someone, it's Neruz. You jump off him fairly quick, then vote Meph and Cheetar on pretty much no case. After unvoting both of them, you havn't done much of anything. There was the eventual lynch at the end of day 2, yeah, but other than that and parts of the Neruz attacks (even they were fairly mild, by your standards), you really didn't do much day 2.

Day 3, of course, you've literally done NOTHING until now. Well, ok, you did a single wide-scan, but those never really bring much up, that's for sure.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 19, 2009, 10:21:40 pm »

Random aggression? Not only have I not said you did that, but that's not even scummy. Don't know where you got that from, so I'm just going to ignore that. Wanna know why there's few examples? I'm not in the mood to quote posts from a thread this size, plus, how am I supposed to quote a lack of attacks, quote all your posts?

Better term would be AggressionWithoutCause then.  Either way it doesn't work.

So you bring up a 'scan' of what I've done... which proves you really SHOULD be looking at the past posts before doing this because you were wrong.

My first vote was on you.. a randomvote.  My first attack was on Eduren, NOT Neruz.

I attack him then wait for his response.  He didn't write ANYTHING during the Web/Dakarian battle, so while I was waiting for Eduren to speak to me, I fought against Web.  Once I was done with Web, I was STILL waiting for Eduren.  Eventually Eduren speaks answering my original question and that's that.

By then everyone is crying about the ton of posts.  I fuss at them, then reorganize with my Wide Scan.  With that scan, I find Zai scummy so I vote for him.

5th vote?  Pandarsenic got the vote count wrong remember?  I was 2nd! Proof?  Read Pandarsenic's Vote count one page before my vote, go up one page, and find my vote for Zai.. 2nd vote with you, Mr.Person, as the 1st.

Did nothing after?  Bull

Day 2 the day JUST started and I did not just JUMP on ExKirby.  I told everyone this instead:
Meanwhile, Leaf dying is part of the role.  Story wise, he's killed someone and is now looking EXACTLY like that person.  Game wise, Leaf dies and someone just got converted.

There's a few benefits though from all this:  Now that we know Leaf is scum, we can run a scan to find his partners on D1.  Finding the convert will be impossible for the moment, but that will change later on. 

I did the same trick in Bay 12 mafia and found ChaoticJosh by it.  It also mislynched Boksi but meh. 

So I do my scan on Leaf and found ExKirby.

By the way.
Your original reason was WIFOMy (another reason I didn't bring it up, turns out that I should of, sue me), but ExKirby's response was scummy.

You said I had no reason.. now you say 'well he was scummy and I didn't say anything about possible WIFOM issues'. 

After that, my scans go to Rash as the next target and, like Eduren, I'm stuck with him saying nothing for a while.  I question others while I wait, then end up realizing Rash went AWOL and demand a prod

Now that Rash is in lurk mode-and you remember I don't lynch lurkers when I can prod/replace them-I turn to Neruz who by now has gone into superscumtell flinger mode.

I fight with Neruz, get Kook vibes, get scum vibes, over and over.  I pull off him and try to attack others.  By then it's half way through day 2 which, as we've said, I've gone passive due to wariness.  Votes for Meph go on, but he claims and I pull back due to the claim to hold him for later.  Cheeetar gets a vote for hammering but that's not a strong tell.  Eventually, Neruz shows up again near a lynch and I ask him to claim.  He claims and, at first, it might be honest.. then he fumbles the claim which is as ugly as you can get.  He gets lynched.

Day 3...

I did no wide scan day 3.  When the day started, I threw a quick vote for Meph, then you rush at me and I've been on your case ever since.

Now that I know your accusations are due to not having a dang clue of what I've been doing since Day 1, I can finally finish my defense and get to a scan of you instead.  Now, are you just a person that doesn't bother to check facts, or are you scum that was trapped trying to lynch me? 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 151