Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279511 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

So... instead of No Lynching, you want me to lynch someone who's likely to be town?

Instead of, say, those lurkers/inactives, who would participate?

I'd rather lynch Cobalt, since I think she's scum. If not, though, I'd rather we lynch me instead of, say, Rash or shadow, since we're not going to really learn much that lynch. My lynch gives us a confirmed townie with lots of posts that can be reviewed and analyzed who can also be protected. Lynching either of those two just gives us a 1/14 chance of lynching scum, with very little information gained afterwards since they didn't do anything major all game.

I'm on the side that no lynching is the worst option, since all we're going to do is give the scum a free kill that probably won't tell us anything at all.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

No, the problem with lynching some of the most active people is that obviously the scum is going to KILL the most active people as well, so we'll probably be scum-controlled by Day 5, with everyone else lurking extensively.

I hate lurkers!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Well, I presented my case to Eduren.  If he still not sure about a cobalt lynch then we're pretty much stalemated for now.  We'll have to make another choice.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Because dakarian does not seem to read my posts anytime ever...
Bloodthirstiness, no. Lynch-anyone-period-bandwagon,yes.

Ok.. you are saying I'm trying to bandwagon and lynch anyone... in RVS..

"lynch anyone period" in..RVS.

This isn't a small thing to me.  This is an example of your entire argument.  You take any statement, then mold and twist it into any form of scumtell you wish it to be. 

I mean you're taking a RANDOM VOTE, the FIRST post I've made in the game, the first vote I've made when I was the first voter on Mr.Person and you made a serious accusation out of it!

I'm calling 'Tunnelvision' now.  You just don't care anymore.  You just want me lynched and looking for any means to do it.
No. The first thing after the quote is talking about the quote. After the linebreak/paragraph separator is describing non-quoted things in between the quotes.
That is, it was not talking about your first(RVS) post. It was talking about posts and events after that (which were during RVS). This is supported by the format of the other synopses-

Quote from: Cobalt's Analysis of Webadict
[a quote]Old webadict sum: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=44270.msg855250#msg855250

Web gets up to 5votes, aaand...Neruz is the one who unvoted, causing the unbandwagon...and flipped town. meh.
for instance or

Quote from: Cobalt's Analysis of Webadict
[a quote]...translation: No, your townmeta on me is false.
Also, this is as plausible as Mr.Person's "I have a strict anti-WIFOM policy".

Webadict gets to L-1 or 2. Cheeetar attacks...doesn't hammer...EDUREN PARDONS (or claims to). Everyone gets off him...and mysteriously, never come back.

and so forth (webadict's analysis has several instances of this, is why I'm using the examples from his).
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought I answered this...

No, I don't want to hear more from CK about you, I want to hear more from CK about who ELSE is scum. That's the key question that nobody ever answers. Myself, I'm thinking Cheeetar and either CK or Web and either ToonyMan and Eduren or Dakarian and Meph. That should tell you more than enough about why I'm voting Cheeetar right now.

Looks like I did.

You know what, CobaltKobold is not scumhunting. He's jumping at Dakarian and pulling out stupid stops to get it done. CobaltKobold, assume both Dakarian and Meph are scum. Who ELSE is scum?
Assuming both are?
Webadict and Toony are my chief suspects.

I think I'd still like everyone's reactions to dakarian's wifom when he was talking to Webadict about use of the cheat/supercop ability:
Quote from: dakarian
the mafia don't seem afraid of it or else they'd kill you already while you were still blocked.

There's also

Conclusions:
Vote Dakarian. Appeals to emotion (5), faulty arguments, failed reasoning, hypocrisy (5+? wasn't counting there), and a cherry of a couple thirdvotes...and, something I didn't notice, is, he's pointing out that "no, I'm really the thirdvote" for some wifom!
Toonyman. Toony and is doing a lot of "btw I'm town" and toony's doing a lot of unsupported arguments. Also hammering the lynch when he thought Neruz was town.
WebadictWebadict's doing a lot of mad-lib-attacks (I'm not specifying, find it yourself) allowing people to fill in his attacks, and missing a lot of details, which is not in townweb file. Also, his earlier posts are metaunlike townweb-possibly due to the computer lack thing, as it has fixed, which is one reason he's down here. Has a patent disregard for townlife.
Mephansteras - Lurky, wifom in his selfmeta, and a fair amount of "btw I'm town" things.
Sirbayer is being scummy in a couple ways, but seems more to horse around than anything else.
Rashilul is being a bloody lurker and doing some stupid shit, but...too lurky to read well.

Since those posts, the main changes in my thinking are Cheeetar is looking worse in his bandwagonitude and votejumping, Toony's feeling less scummy (his arguments are a bit more solid recently).

Feel answered, Mr.Person?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry. Sometimes I ask people things they've already answered.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once is happenstance (Mr.Person).
Twice is coincidence.
Third time, it's enemy action (dakarian).
Tilesets

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once is happenstance (Mr.Person).
Twice is coincidence.
Third time, it's enemy action (dakarian).

I don't take that particular stance. Some people forget more often then other people. For instance, I know I forget when people state their suspicions fairly frequently, but other people like Webadict or Dakarian don't forget often at all. And even then, I don't think it says much about scumminess to forget a person stating their suspicions.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

So, let me get this.
Cheeetar and Webadict are 100scum in my eyes right now.
Dakarian and Meph....aren't scum anymore.  I just don't see it, especially with Webadict's reaction to Meph's plan.  Scummy.  Althought the fact the I don't want to do Meph's plan is evident.  It's not worth it.
Org, Eduren, Rashilul, SHAD0Wdump (I think) are just plain unhelpful right now.
CobaltKobold I can confidently say isn't scum.
Mr.Person hasn't drop a single scumtell this whole game, he's been really good.
RedWarrior has been doing whatever, I don't care right now.  Null.
SirBayer....SirBayer....I have a question for thee.

I meant to bring this up early, but forgot about it when I awakened to pages of WOT's.
Only scum makes lists of players?

Back in 1-L for Cobalt you brought this up when I showed my scumlist.

How the hell is listing your suspicions a scumtell?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

So... instead of No Lynching, you want me to lynch someone who's likely to be town?

Instead of, say, those lurkers/inactives, who would participate?
I am participating  :0

Ive been gone all day! :I
I have nothing to add

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

Ok. I feel that there is enough.

Unvote Cheetar

Vote CobaltKoblod
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fine. As promised, unvote Cheeetar and vote CobaltKobold

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

D:<

I'm going to be right, and you all KNOW IT.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You both we're voting Cheeetar too funny enough.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fine. As promised, unvote Cheeetar and vote CobaltKobold
Looks like hammer...?

If not, I have something of interest to post, but if so, it would be cheating, so...*waits
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 151