Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 280711 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1815 on: December 15, 2009, 01:27:11 pm »

I know this is all WIFOM, but remember, there was a point I could of just said "No, I won't vote CoboldKobold. I would rather vote Cheeetar." Sure, you guys wouldn't of liked it and would pretty much guarantee CK as scum if I roleflipped scum, but a chance at CK not getting killed is better than nothing. And you know what? I would of done it as scum.

Dakarian, you're giving me FAR too much credit at playing as scum. I'm just not that good as scum. All the things you're accusing me of doing are things I would never do as scum. Bussing, vote hopping, bandwagoning, fighting Dakarian, I would never in a million years do any of those. Well, I might be willing to bus/be bussed if somebody better asks me to, and I'd be willing to fake-fight with anyone, but that's not the point.

Of course, I don't care about any of that. OMGUS is a null-tell, so I still think ToonyMan is a TownyMan. I think that Webadict is scum. He hasn't been acting like himself this game. I mean, suggesting a no lynch? He also hasn't been hounding people this game, this isn't the town Webadict I remember. And now he's trying to outguess the mod, which is odd, since I think he's probably right. Still, I don't really care, I want to lynch him.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 15, 2009, 01:32:41 pm »

Good reasoning, but the last bit..why assume they lost their best player in Cobalt?  Mr.Person fits that list nicely.

If we'll play guessing the mod though, Eduren, as a magistrate, is doubtful as an original mafia.  A Mafia Magistrate is WAY too powerful to be balanced up and I doubt Pandar would balance things that way.  Eduren (assuming he's honest and wasn't extremely !!BALLSY!! in a lie) using it Day 1 when it would gain them so much more in Lylo sounds too much Meh.

And judging by Leafsnail and Cobra's roles, the roles were handcrafted to the alignment at the time of creation.  Thus Pandar didn't just make the roles then randomly gave the alignments out. 

Now Eduren as the convert.. I can see, but not original recipe. 

Org...meh, Org I don't get at all. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 15, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »

I know this is all WIFOM, but remember, there was a point I could of just said "No, I won't vote CoboldKobold. I would rather vote Cheeetar." Sure, you guys wouldn't of liked it and would pretty much guarantee CK as scum if I roleflipped scum, but a chance at CK not getting killed is better than nothing. And you know what? I would of done it as scum.

Meh to that.  Scum have a VERY hard time calling an accused scummate 'town'.  They hate suspicion afterall and such talk IS suspicious.  Scum prefer to hang on the fence.

If you disrupted that vote with a "NO" and someone else jumped in to finish her off in your place, the bandwagon this day would have been EPIC.  "would've marked Cobalt scum if you flipped scum?"  No one was listening to me so you had no chance of being lynched that day. 

However, deciding not to vote if Eduren went 'no' would've been EASY, since you would just look like the others who voted for someone else.  I would've disrupted the bandwagon and Cobalt would walk away even less a suspect than before. 

So the best thing for mid-skilled scum to do was to hang back and delay delay delay, and hope Eduren didn't cast the vote so you could walk away clean.  He voted yes, and you ran HARD for the hammer to keep your promise (after all, you got into this mess because you failed to do it early on)

Dakarian, you're giving me FAR too much credit at playing as scum. I'm just not that good as scum. All the things you're accusing me of doing are things I would never do as scum. Bussing, vote hopping, bandwagoning, fighting Dakarian, I would never in a million years do any of those. Well, I might be willing to bus/be bussed if somebody better asks me to, and I'd be willing to fake-fight with anyone, but that's not the point.

Far too much credit?  You aren't newbiescum so don't say you're worse than that.  Your actions so far aren't expert-scum either.  It's good old common mid-range skill scum.  You know enough to not lurk or act too confused.  You know enough not to defend a scummate or overbuddy.  However, you aren't bold and you don't gamble.  You still fear being suspected and have to push yourself to write at times.  You second guess yourself sometimes and worry over your posts: the last bits of Day 3 smell of that fear. 

That's Mid-skilled scum.

Of course, I don't care about any of that. OMGUS is a null-tell, so I still think ToonyMan is a TownyMan. I think that Webadict is scum. He hasn't been acting like himself this game. I mean, suggesting a no lynch? He also hasn't been hounding people this game, this isn't the town Webadict I remember. And now he's trying to outguess the mod, which is odd, since I think he's probably right. Still, I don't really care, I want to lynch him.

I see a trend now.  The mafia do so well in the day game because the town relies so much on past Meta to read players.  All the mafia have to do is to paint a player as 'not acting like themselves' and call it a day. 

Sorry, but you can't use Web as a lightning rod this game.  I guess you gave up using me as the main lynch as well. 

I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 15, 2009, 01:50:27 pm »

Nope, you're town. So is Meph.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 15, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »

and you're scum.

I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 15, 2009, 03:04:59 pm »

Okay, figured I should post and let everyone know I'm officially around and reading and whatnot. Beyond that, I'm pretty much totally clueless right. It might be a while until I have a grasp on things.

So, starter questions:
Mr.Person, why are you so sure dakarian and Meph are town?
Org, why did you block webadict?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 15, 2009, 04:37:24 pm »

RNG told me to.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 15, 2009, 04:40:03 pm »

RNG told me to.

The random number generator has had you block webadict three times? I find that hard to believe.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 15, 2009, 04:42:39 pm »

Twice

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 15, 2009, 04:45:25 pm »

Twice

Hmm, though it was three. Guess I'll have to back and check the day announcements.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 15, 2009, 04:46:56 pm »

I think it was two.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 15, 2009, 04:54:42 pm »

Nights 1 and 3 Org was announced to have blocked Webbyface.

VOTE COUNT PARTY
ToonyMan [1]: Cheeetar
Mr.Person [1]: Dakarian
Org [1]: Webadict
Cheeetar [1]: ToonyMan
Webadict [1]: Mr.Person

==[] to lych
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 15, 2009, 05:01:26 pm »

RedWarrior0, you're posting other places but seem to be avoiding us like the plague.  What's your current batch of suspicions?

Same goes for you, Eduren.  I'd like to hear from Diakron and GryphGlyph a bit later, once they've gotten a chance to get settled.

I need to go reread through this thing and see what's up.

Props to Webadict for the statistics, by the way.

Pandarsenic: "Hammer to lych?"  Does that mean that whoever we hammer becomes undead?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 15, 2009, 05:08:37 pm »

It means ==[] to lynch.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 15, 2009, 05:13:05 pm »

Ah, ok, looks like I simply misremembered the number of times Org blocked Webadict.

I am curious as to why, though. Don't you have any suspicions as to whom the scum might be, Org?
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 151