Author Topic: Armok  (Read 1909 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Armok
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 03:45:00 pm »

I've been looking for an excuse to resurrect this horrible excuse for a story. Here's a little bit about Armok, it's motivations, and it's appearance. I've tweaked it a little.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, everyone knows that Kobolds are Armok's favored beings. It's just that Armok's idea of a reward is an opprotunity to prove oneself a hero.

That said, blood is not death, it is life. When you have lots of blood, you are alive; when you have no blood at all, you tend to be dead. Passion of any kind "stirs the blood", and kinship and friendship can be ties made in it. Even the beginning of life is firmly rooted in blood.

Nearly every action made by animals is connected to blood, be it base or saintly. While in my example story, Uthmic is a hero granted a boon so that he may live on in legend as a reward for his magnificent courage and prowress, Armok does not like heroes... he like conflict between heroes and villains. Much like how you or I would not much enjoy a game that merely revolved around Gorden Freeman walking around in a lab coat on a normal day.

And, in the same way that we keep on getting Gorden to push that sample into that Anti-mass-spectrometer because we like the conflict, Armok will be the one to which evil blood sacrifices are made.

The only way we can tell that Armok might be on our side is this; Good often triumphs over evil.

On the other hand, just how often does that evil nazi mastermind or undead lich or alien overlord or giant flaming eye come back to haunt us again?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:50:49 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 04:00:46 pm »

PTTG?? Got 100% correct answers on all questions, A+.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 04:01:36 pm »

Good may Triumph over evil but Evil can't ever be defeated

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 04:39:16 pm »

It can be defeated, but not destroyed.  Defeat is the opposite of triumph or victory, but does not require the destruction of the defeated.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 04:53:24 pm »

Defeat is temporary. And if it seems that Evil is far away, its because its getting a run up.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 02:57:57 pm »

You are all silly, Armok is obviously an infinite number of arms, not nessicarily used for inventory purposes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:56:49 pm by Supercharazad »
Pages: 1 [2]