Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 39319 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:34:19 am »

Beginner's Mafia 5 is open for sign ups. 

So begins YET another Beginner's Mafia.   

For those that do not know what Mafia is at all, here is a Basic Tutorial.  If you are still confused, this is still the game for you.

I need 9 players who are new or still inexperienced. If you've never played in these forums then this is exactly for you.  If you have played before and show up on the Karma Board listing with a * then you are also in.  All others may still ask: chances are, you already know if you are too experienced or not.

Note, you may ONLY play in one Beginner's Mafia at a time.  You may join if you are playing a different mafia game or if you had died in another Beginner's game.

I will also want 2 ICs.  ICs are nonplayers who act as coaches: one for the mafia, one for the town.  Instead, they will help the actual players gather themselves together, spot scum/town tells, learn about terminology, ext.  They can comment freely on the game but should focus on developing good players, NOT winning the game.  The Town IC knows what the town knows and assists the town only.  The Mafia IC can speak to the mafia directly to assist them.  Note that the Mafia IC can speak to the town but can NOT harm them or misdirect them.  As such you do not have to fear either IC.

Note that though the ICs can speak as they wish, they are not there to win the game for you, only help you play better. 

The Rules:

You may NOT PM to anyone except to me or from one mafia member to another.  Furthermore, ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  You must also Unvote before you vote for another.  If you do NOT unvote, your new vote will NOT count.  No Lynch votes are allowed.

"Days" will last for 2 RL days.  Nights will last 24 hours or until all night roles have been sent to me.  The deadline will be posted regularly and I retain the ability to hurry the deadline for inactivity or extend the deadline if enough request it.  Note that any deadline that falls on a weekend will be pushed back to the following Monday.  Note that you may request to extend or shorten the day.

Upon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch. Once dead, you may not speak or PM anyone about the game, living or otherwise.  A Dead chat will be made available.

Mafia will be given their own Chat to speak to one another once roles have been sent.

Bolded sentences can be used to catch my attention.  Italics used by me is story text, or "flavor" as they call it, and is just there to be interesting.  Note you are free to apply flavor as you wish.  Note that the flavor has nothing to do with the actual gameplay and can be ignored if desired.

Do NOT quote my PM text and do NOT edit your posts (you can double post if you need to)

Lastly any suggestion of breaking a rule in the main chat will be treated as the rule already broken.  If you have any questions or wish to make sure of the legality of an action, PM me first.

You can, of course, ask any questions you may have.

These are the Roles that may appear in the game:

Townsperson: The basic town role. Your goal is to help the town lynch all of the mafia players. You win as long as the town wins.

Mafia: The basic antagonist role. You and the other Mafia players work together to kill off the townspeople. During the day, you pretend to be normal townspeople and voting on who is to be lynched. During the night, you will tell me the name of the player you wish to kill along with which of you will kill them. You win once you have greater than or equal to the number of town aligned players.

Mafia Roleblocker: Similar to the mafia.  However, in nights when you are not the one assigned to kill, you may choose one person for yourself.  The person you choose will be unable to perform their night action.

Mafia Godfather:  Similar to the mafia.  However, when investigated by the cop, they will show up as an innocent townsperson.

Cop: An honest cop, he may choose one player each night to investigate. He will then learn if that player is Mafia or Town.

Doctor: The doctor may choose one player each night to protect from the mafia's night kill.

Players:
1. Rooster
2. Nirur Torir
3. GlyphGryph
4. RandomNumberGenerator
5. Halmie 
6. Diakron
7. Dirtybirdy
8. Jim Groovester substituting for RedWarrior0
9. theevilmonk

ICs:
Town: Pandarsenic
Mafia: Vector
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:08:39 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5 signups: What already!?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:37:39 am »

In

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 09:38:50 am »

Why am I not surprised ;)
I KNEW IT!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:44:37 am »

You can only be surprised to see me reply so fast  :P

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:38:14 pm »

I would like to try a Mafia game. I was in one once, before the Mafia subsection was created, but it died due to inactivity.
If you have played before and show up on the Karma Board listing with a * then you are also in.
Karma board?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:55 pm »

The Mafia Board Karma Thread.  The post pops up and down since it's not stickied.  It's used to keep track of player activity.  It's usually a few people who join then abandon games that cause them to fail. 

I use it here to know who's been playing for a while and who hasn't: not perfect but it makes things easy.

I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 03:26:43 pm »

Am I old enough to be an IC?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:51:43 pm »

You might need a few more under your belt before you can IC. 

Note: "I" can't IC and I'm host :P (at least not for the mafia side).
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »

Note: "I" can't IC and I'm host :P (at least not for the mafia side).
Probably being a bit unfair on yourself there, I'd say.  Although I wouldn't be able to IC, of course :P.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:13:50 pm »

I volunteer for permanent Scum IC.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 10:22:44 pm »

Right now I'm pondering if panda's raise-no-dust strategy works better than web's smokescreen.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 11:33:55 pm »

No rule against ICs doing multiple games.  If you can handle it, alright then.

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 12:00:36 am »

Right now I'm pondering if panda's raise-no-dust strategy works better than web's smokescreen.

Mine is a smokescreen as well, just of a different style.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 12:55:37 am »

I mean, nudging the town course with small posts rather than being a Town Crier and...scumhunting ALMOST correctly, with huge.

That's how I see it anyway.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 10:49:02 am »

Mine is a smokescreen as well, just of a different style.
I suppose the CT lyncher can get IC on this one...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25