Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: French Wiki.  (Read 1308 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
French Wiki.
« on: December 03, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »

Has this been discussed before?  Apparently there is a Dwarf Fortress wiki in French.  I was surprised, anyway.

[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
Re: French Wiki.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

I've spotted that a long time ago. French is my own native language, but the lack of quality article and organization in the french Wiki led me to join and help on the english Wiki instead...

What was the main turning point is that I've personally disagreed with most of what was written on the french Wiki. I guessed it did not been updated much in ages and was showing outdated information.

I am on a hot streak... literally.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

It is linked from one of the B12 pages I think.    I don't read French so I can't add anything.

Narushima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »

I can add that it's being updated from time to time, but of course we don't have as much people working on it as on the english one, so it's harder.
Eagle of Fire, if you disagree on some points, you can just discuss about it on the forum, we need all the help we can get.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

If you can write in french, and think the wiki is outdated, then update it  :D

I know french well enough to translate some of the current english pages if the french ones are outdated. I'll pop over there when I can.

Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!