Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Send out your own delegate to rquest aid.

<< < (2/2)

Tahin:
Maybe they could give you a loan, and charge you double for all trade goods until you've offered them a certain amount?

Grek:
They could demand logging or mining rights for a year or two.

DJ:
quote:I don't like this approach; if you're in desperate need you're unlikely to have anything of value stocked up ready for the caravan.
Well, the only things to be desperate for that I can imagine are food, booze and materials for an artefact. These are generally not too expensive, and even at double price they'd still be affordable. I mean, everyone has tons of rock crafts, right?I suppose they'd charge you double price plus an additional travel fee (it costs them more since they're making just one stop, not a full caravan tour).I suppose they could give you the stuff on credit, but they'd have to charge interest then. I think that 25%/season would be reasonable, and perhaps it could get lower if you have a skilled trader. If you don't pay them back in the agreed-upon time, you'd get a trade embargo or maybe even a siege.

Entropy:
Caravans come often enough that it doesnt make sense to send someone out on a long trek to go request an extra caravan trip.Sending a ranger or someone with a mule laden with your trade goods and orders to buy as much of X as possible sounds more reasonable.  If the other civs can send out merchants with mules to trade with you, why not send someone out with a mule to trade with them?

axus:
The world of DF isn't very forgiving, if you can live long enough for the aid to reach you, then you probably didn't need it.  And people don't help each other out so much.  However, it would be nice to have diplomatic options.Sending out a caravan is planned, I believe.  I wonder how the trading for that will work, though.  It seems like it should be automatic, and the guy comes back with whatever he could trade for.  Or we set priorities like in the trade agreements, and our trader will look for the higher priority items first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version