Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am an out-of-date poll.

I am an unclickable option.
I am also that.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Dominions 3: PBEM Game  (Read 51233 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2009, 04:37:49 am »

Also wow, horrible accuracy rolls on Arcane Bolt.
Hell yeah. It was like seeing that blind marksdwarf shooting.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2009, 04:41:14 pm »

I must say I sympathize with Kailasa after seeing what happened to that communion in Mouth of the Aramos. Being run down by heavy infantry... ouch.

Also: %@#^ Vanheim.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »

As for the gifts from heaven - body etheral and luck should still work, right? How about high defence stat?

I don't know why I didn't think of this at the time, but given the accuracy of the things, and thus the frequency with which one will hit you, Twist Fate would be excellent to avoid getting a SC/thug from eating one right off like the poor sot of mine that originally prompted this discussion.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 02, 2010, 06:55:52 am »

Hooray for my pd!

Did I ever mention how good Skrattis are at soaking up Mindhunts? They've got a nice MR, true. But the best thing is, if they do get "hit", they just change into werewolf form. I'm not sure if being hit second time would make them change into a wolf, or is second hit considered final. They do die occasionally.

Oh, and Vanheim is a hard nut to crack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2010, 07:10:12 am »

Is anybody actually bothered enough to make one of those cool map things? Because that would be a cool map thing.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2010, 07:40:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is actually quite crappy and anybody's except mine own actions are mostly assumed. I'm not even sure what all those fronts and arrows are meant to represent.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 02, 2010, 08:41:54 am »

I started doing a proper one a few days back, but got distracted w/o finishing it. I suppose I can finish it up and post it - my intel is ATM good enough that I can cover the whole map in a general sense.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 02, 2010, 09:00:20 am »

I've just had this idea: making a .gif animated map of the whole game. With major troop movements and important battles. With domains' and dominions' progress(or regress) indicated. Something like the Civilzation IV's endgame analysis.
Of course, it'd require a perfect intel on the whole map, which makes it totally unfeasible.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2010, 12:34:50 pm »

As usual, there's some inaccuracy in this arising from cartographer's duplicity, laziness, and ignorance. But this should give an approximate vision of How Things Stand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 06, 2010, 10:53:36 pm »

I find it slightly embarrassing that I've been expanding more as computer than as player, and with one less ally.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 06, 2010, 11:24:14 pm »

It makes sense, though, since the only expansion you've been doing has been through said ally's territory.  ;)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2010, 01:14:07 am »

Told you Cheeetar, bury the axe and join on the fun with bashing apes, but no, you were too deep into your imaginary animosity between our nations. Now you have to suffer embarassment. Harhar.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »

Imaginary slights against a nation I only vaguely control are to be revenged in a slow and not very efficient manner.
I've played some mafia.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2010, 06:56:45 pm »

Purely hypothetical question, but here goes. Let's say you were, I dunno, maybe EA Atlantis. And you want to attack, hmmmm, uh... how about EA Vannheim. And (keeping in mind this is purely hypothetical) let's say they were handing you your scaly dorsal fin whenever you attacked them, either with thugs, or conventional armies. I'm assuming serious combined arms or outright SCs would be the necessary angle of attack, but what are the best ways to take them down in this (purely hypothetical) case?

(Hatethevanns. Hatehatehate. There's a reason I've been known to set their AI bonus lower than everyone else when I do SP...)

[Clarification: My normal SP solution involves truly massive HI formations, possibly with lightening resistance. However, Atlantian access to air magic is beyond pitiful, and  I'm having trouble massing infantry on the same scale the Vanns are. Is there a relatively simple solution I'm missing beyond giving up on fighting back while slowly massing hordes of War Shamblers (with non-air elemental support) to retake the land I'm losing?]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:23:03 pm by E. Albright »

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »

Hordes of chaff supported by a core of war shambler shock troops and heavy evocations.  Falling frost to pop their glamour and destruction spam or an Iron Bane to break their high protection.

Maybe, I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27