Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am an out-of-date poll.

I am an unclickable option.
I am also that.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 3: PBEM Game  (Read 51247 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game. Starting Soon, CHOOSE YOUR PRETENDER
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 08:45:57 pm »

I started a game in Urraparand just to see what the map looked like.

Oh wow, that's some trippy stuff there with the wraparound.  I was really confused for a second.
Shoes...

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 09:32:47 pm »

I demand somebody cause this game to be less expensive. Anyway, I love what I've heard about it, so far. Somebody give me something to hook me in before I buy Mass Effect in the near future, and then despair as I've small spending money.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 09:42:52 pm »

You can offer the sun as a sacrifice to the lords of the Shadow Realm, plunging the world into eternal darkness.

You can create a second sun that burns day and night, killing crops and turning the world into desert.

You can sacrifice hundreds of people and pour their suffering into the Astral Plane, corrupting it and attracting horrible eldritch beings that look not unlike Sinistar.  Anyone using non-blood magic or forging a non-blood magic item risks having them come out and smear him all over the walls.

You can alter the flow of time, causing everyone in the world to age by one to five years for every month that passes.

I could keep going, if I really wanted to, but there's not much stuff as awesome as that.

EDIT:  I've been doing some practice playing as Mictlan against the AI.  I have an oscillating fan, and every time it moves past me, I hear the Horror Mark sound.  I shouldn't play this late.

Also, I finally managed to see a (Lesser) horror in action.  It immediately teleported to the back of the map, ate the horror marked enemy commander and some of his friends, teleported back over and started eating my blood slaves.  At this point my main force was routing, so the enemies killed my commander as they went by.  The horror sprang into action, teleporting around and eating people, quickly forcing the enemy into a rout.  Even as they were running it kept landing on people and eating them.

I'd hate to see a real horror.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 12:05:06 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2009, 03:10:54 am »

Let alone Kurgi himself, although I doubt he actually makes an appearance.

Anyways...  I wonder what happens if both utterdark and second sun are active.

And, personally, I'm a fan of carrion woods (in concept, mind.  Never seen it in action).  Every man who falls within that land shall be consumed by roots and vines and turned into a grotesque finger puppet for the darker side of nature's wrath.

But yes, Astral Corruption just has that unholy doom feeling to it.  Makes you really feel like you've shattered the world, which isn't something you often get to do in games.

Oh yeah, one more thing...  Stealth mage + astral and blood magic + blood slaves = assassin with horror mark and summon lesser horror.  Attack border provinces so he can get away before the thing turns on him.  Even if he fails, he'll spook the hell out of the target, and he'll still be marked for life.

Damn, I wonder what that must feel like...  Knowing.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game. Signups and Voting on Age
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2009, 06:07:54 am »

One thing I never quite realized, is why none of the nations have siege engines...
But they do. Niefelheim has got those stone-chucking giants with a siege bonus, there is an Engineer with ME Ulm and at least a few others that I can't remember now.

Hehe, behold Dogmeat, the Rabid Lord of Chillout, Prince of Primeval Depths, the Unsleeping God, the Fortifier, The Armorer!
And Cheetar, are we gonna replay the historical animosity between Vanheim and Jotun Giants?

I'm all for a casual RPing. Angry official statements and PM-based skullduggery is where the fun of multiplayer lies.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game. Signups and Voting on Age
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2009, 06:22:53 am »

One thing I never quite realized, is why none of the nations have siege engines...
But they do. Niefelheim has got those stone-chucking giants with a siege bonus, there is an Engineer with ME Ulm and at least a few others that I can't remember now.

Yeah, I know about those.  But I wasn't talking about sappers and other units with siege bonuses (or those that can hurl boulders), I was talking about actual siege engines.  Catapults, ballistae, maybe even some infernal hellfire cannons summoned straight out of Hell's workshop. 

I mean, with all the various unit tags and abilities they've got, it shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce a mechanical object of destruction.  So why don't they?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2009, 09:47:55 am »

Why spend weeks cutting down trees and assembling a catapult when you've got a guy right over there who can do the same thing?

Also, I don't want to tip my hand or anything, but Tlahuelpuchi with a Heart Finder Sword.

Oh yeah.
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:19 am »

Um, are we going to wait for Muz?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:14 am »

Oh, I forgot to check the server to see who was on it.

Muz isn't going to be joining us, I PM'd him.

LET'S GET IT ON

The torch is lit, let the games begin.  You should receive your turn file shortly, and the game status page will update within a few minutes.

EDIT:  This is taking a while.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:40:27 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game. TURN ONE BEGINS ANON
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2009, 11:27:09 am »

Wheee! We're off! I'm gonna rape you all with a giant icicle! ...waitaminute.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2009, 12:03:50 pm »

Cold... Dark... Silence.
Cold... Dark... Peace.
Cold... Dark... A sound?

A touch of warmth. A dim flicker of light. A Name?

Those words... Is that what We are? That is not Us. Surely, We are known by a more fitting Name. We are... who? What calls Us? Where are We? How did We get here? Where is here? What calls Us?

Memory... of what was. IT. We fought IT. In Our glory we defied ITS arrogance, ITS presumption. We were gods, after all - no more or less than IT. But somehow... what? Memory... broken. Torn. Something... happened. IT... prevailed. Fear. Fear of... what? We fear nothing... fear of what? Flight... from the heat. From the light. From... the sound. From IT. IT hurt Us... how? We were gods... how? IT frightened Us... with what? We fled.

Our children... scattered. We who had aided them, who had elevated them into the light, into the warmth, into the sound... We demanded their aid. They fled from Us, invoked ITS name against Us. We begged - Us, gods - begged for succor. Our Chosen finally took pity. She led us into the depths. Away from the heat, the light, the sound. She found a place... safe from ITS gaze. Sleep, She told Us. Sleep, and She would return to Our ingrate children... find a few worthy... teach them Our Name. IT would eventually slumber... and when IT did, We would arise, rested, and strangle IT in ITS sleep. So rest, She said, and She would rejoin Us when the children were prepared to wake Us.

But where is She? Where are We? What are those words? It is not time... is it? The stars... We must see the stars. But it is dark... tiny flickers... from what? Our children? How? What have they become? Where are We? Is IT yet awake?

They call... ask Our favor... Our blessing. We are not as We were, nor are they. Unworthy of Us. Cowards. Vermin. But still, they call. Sleep... We cannot sleep, so long as they call. They ask Our blessing anew. We refuse, and seek to return to Our slumber. Find a more worthy vessel for Our glory, We sigh. Up, up, arose Yourselves, the glowing worms call. Show us Your strength! Smite those who displease You!

We want to sleep, but they will not let Us. The presumptuousness of these degenerate things! We stretch Our limbs, and reluctantly, slowly, shift within Our bed as We prepare to smite the first of those who displease Us...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 12:09:41 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2009, 12:04:58 pm »

(Don't worry, that's the mood piece. I'm not gonna lay it on quite so thickly - or at least not so verbosely - in the future. Well, probably not...)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2009, 12:06:48 pm »

I've been considering going with the extremely verbose and crazy speeches you always see men who want to be gods going off on, but I don't know.  I have one planned I will probably use, assuming we get to that point.

You'll know it when you see it.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2009, 03:46:28 pm »

Um...  Do you think you lads would mind terribly putting up a few pictures of this match?  Let the bystanders look on and cheer?  I'd really like to see the full game in action, and I'm pretty sure no one would exactly mind getting clued in to lots of epic battles and divine mischief.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2009, 03:49:51 pm »

I'm sure we could take screenshots of some of the more interesting battles and stuff, but it would be limited.  Showing certain things could reveal too much to the other players.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27