Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The DF Mac Utilities Thread  (Read 7377 times)

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF Mac Utilities Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 12:50:59 am »

It's times like this I wish I knew more about C++.  Sadly, I'm more familiar with the lowly art of Java...which people hate for absolutely not apparent reason.  I like it.  Wonder how hard memory alteration is...?

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:37:47 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »

I have a mac, but no programing skills I wanna know if its possible to get things like the Orc mod on the mac.
I also wanna know if I can get tilesets on the mac, I have one on my PC but my PC is a desktop
Thank you based dwarf.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 11:13:40 pm »

I have a mac, but no programing skills I wanna know if its possible to get things like the Orc mod on the mac.
I also wanna know if I can get tilesets on the mac, I have one on my PC but my PC is a desktop

*sigh*Using this thread is inappropriate for your purposes...a few quick things about modding...first of all, utilities and mods are not the same thing.  Mods involve modifying text files DF uses for configuration and object definitions.  Utilities tend to do interesting things such as directly altering DFs memory.

All DF mods are created (and installed) by modifying text files in the RAW folder (as well as possibly the data/init file).  The RAW text files serve as definitions for a lot of DFs objects.  Orc Mod will modify several things in there and it will install exactly as it does on Windows.  As to graphics, it also installs exactly as on Windows.  It will involve placing the graphics images into the appropriate folder and modifying the init file.  It's the handy thing about mods...because they're all done through text files, it's handled more or less the same regardless of platform.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 10:06:41 am »

Well either easy I've been talking to a friend of mine who knows a little C++ says it won't be too hard to convert some mods to be Mac usable, we just need to get the help of the mod makers on bored.
Do you mean Utilities, not mods? Because mods are just text files and are supported by ANY df.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:25 am »

Well either easy I've been talking to a friend of mine who knows a little C++ says it won't be too hard to convert some mods to be Mac usable, we just need to get the help of the mod makers on bored.
Do you mean Utilities, not mods? Because mods are just text files and are supported by ANY df.

Crossroads (the OP) was looking for utilities.  PsyberianHusky (thread hijacker) was looking for mods.  That's why I said using this thread was inappropriate.  His query has absolutely nothing to do with the actual thread topic.

Fullets

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 02:18:40 pm »

Thread necromancy strikes again.

So Mac Foreman's pretty much it on the utilities front? I've got Mac Foreman going with 40d19 but its fairly bare-bones, and my Googling isn't turning up much anything else.

matthewseidl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 04:32:23 pm »

I haven't even managed that with the opengl df versions.  I'd really love anything that saved me the time of having to hand manage all my little guy's work priorities.

Fullets

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 03:55:22 am »

I haven't even managed that with the opengl df versions.  I'd really love anything that saved me the time of having to hand manage all my little guy's work priorities.

If you have an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard, try this. It works for me!™

matthewseidl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 02:31:31 pm »

Hmm, I'm still running d16 instead of d19.  Do you have memory offsets for that version handy?  If not, I'll see about upgrading to d19.

Fullets

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59:07 pm »

I don't have the d16 offsets, but I'll have a look at getting it working on d16 in the weekend. d19 has a couple of irritating bugs so it may not be worth upgrading.

Fullets

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:09 pm »

Hmm, I'm still running d16 instead of d19.  Do you have memory offsets for that version handy?  If not, I'll see about upgrading to d19.

Here you go. You'll need Snow Leopard for it to work.

ebenezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 05:22:04 pm »

I use a mac.  This thread would be useful to me.
Ebenezer cancels Dwarf Fortress: seeking infant.

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 12:00:58 pm »

DON'T YOU 404 ON ME

So since the release of df2010 none of these utilities will run. I myself am a nooby noob and can't offer much, but i'm really interested in getting something like Mac Foreman/Therapist/etc to play nice with version 31.16. I can't offer much, and i don't even know if this is the right place to post but the important thing is i'm making the effort! Right?

Hit me up at ActnMoviHeroBoy@gmail.com if you have any advice or can point me in the right direction or know a nice taco joint or whatever.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 [2]