Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 124217 times)

Bacu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V5- A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 09:01:23 pm »

wat.

liadis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 08:38:00 pm »

and possibly doctors

An image comes to mind... But ahem.

Is this mod in anyway related to a community game ran on MotK (Maiden of the Kaiedoscope)? Because I seem to recall reading something about Suika Fortress somewhere.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 12:27:30 am »

and possibly doctors
Is this mod in anyway related to a community game ran on MotK (Maiden of the Kaiedoscope)? Because I seem to recall reading something about Suika Fortress somewhere.

Yes it is. In fact, I first created it and launched it at MotK in the Unlimited game works section first as a community game. Orginally I launched it there as a for fun project just to do with the guys over at MotK But after seeing how well it did there I decided to take it to a much serious level and decided it would be a good idea to actually show the DF commuinty what I was working on since I noticed in these forums that there were Touhou fans among the mix.

You can see the original thread here if you have an account...

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1532

....and it wasn't till later in the topic that I announced that I was going to post it here.

As of this point the community game there is still going, but it's going rather slow and it's my turn about now over there once again. ^^;

As of right now I've still have been busy digging through the game as I continue to find things I need to iron out (like changing Dwarvan beer to "Suikan Sake" and so forth) and now thanks to Toady's DF talk from today I'm now certain that I'll go ahead and add the Ichirin and Unzan yukkuris into the mix for later use once Toady gets around to symbiotic relationships (And yes I asked that question) so that we can have the two behave the way they should. :P
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress - A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 03:45:56 pm »

There is one fatal flaw with this concept.

A Suika fortress would be limited to only three jobs: Sleep, Drink, and Attend Party.
There is one fatal flaw with your concept: for Suika fightingkilling things counts as Attend Party.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:20:48 pm by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Tark

• Bay Watcher
  • on what even did not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 11:50:19 pm »

Oh god...

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »

Well guys I know I had this laying in haiatus for a while and never brought it up, But things happen.

Anyways, the announcement of the new DF version coming out has convinced me to start getting back to work on this pet project of mine.

After reading up on some of the changes, I'm currently making plans to add in more yukkuri species and other charaters that I haven't included from before hand.

Some I plan to include will be....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's probably more ideas, but I'm setting this in here for now as part of my to do list as I'm get them ready for the new version and will likely appear in the DF 2010 after I learn the mechanics.

Course there's still some other things I have to do, like make Unyukkuris explode like I planed to originally do before hand. I'll trying to work on this through the week though I always have other things going on. ^^;
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:34:47 pm by Totaku »

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 11:18:32 am »

Looking forward to the next release, both of DF and of this mod.

I'll have you know I still got this watchlisted. :3

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V5- A mod fit for Touhou fans (Now preparing for 2010)
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 11:30:10 pm »

Well I shall give you all an update.

I've managed to get all the sprites ready so as of right now all is well. But I now have the new Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 to deal with.

As it stands right now I got alot to figure out here. The new body features are more deep and complicated compare to before.

So I don't have an idea how soon it'll be before I can make the steps needed to finalize  everything.

But hopfully by the time I'm done, you'll have plenty of yukkuri to deal with. XD

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 12:08:11 am »

Totally watching this now. God I'm a total fangirl for Touhou and I MISSED this for so long.

Good luck on finding out the tags and stuff. It's rather overwhelming... And making starting my own planned mod very intimidating.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 08:17:27 am »

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE TOUHOU DONE.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 06:18:13 pm »

Totally watching this now. God I'm a total fangirl for Touhou and I MISSED this for so long.

Good luck on finding out the tags and stuff. It's rather overwhelming... And making starting my own planned mod very intimidating.

Ah, I'm glad to see others are liking what they seen so far, and yes, working with planning out the body parts and details is a completely different monster.

So far I've managed to get the Suikas' body details down to the point where I can got the detail of the horns and the description done. Course this is only the easy part, the hard part's going to be working with constructing yukkuri body type constructs! Especially since I now have to find a way to explain certain body parts with further detail.

This'll probably mean I'll be giving them inner body feature that'll act like bones in the final format. Since I want them to be simalar to thier creature counterparts they'll replace.

And with the new hard coded demons... my Utshuho, Koishi, and Giant catfish will have to appear another way, but it should still be underground after all.

And of course I didn't forget there is also the bean paste I have to put together for their insides!! fufufufu...

Overall though, their template I'll be designing should be rather identical to a humanoid one. So I'll use that as part of my reference as I go back and work on the other part.

Oh...

And should I make all yukkuris.....Milkable? Someone brought up that idea, but I though that it wouldn't be truely nessesary since we can kill most of them for their beanpaste anyways. :P Besides, I rather keep it more to their original counterparts.

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE TOUHOU DONE.

I think the real question is....WHAT HAVE TOUHOU "NOT" DONE! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:31:13 pm by Totaku »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2010, 06:24:49 pm »

Just so you know, it's very straightforward to modify specific tissue layers and materials from within a creature definition without having to write out new material definitions.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suika Fortress V5- A mod fit for Touhou fans (preparing for DF2010 mod)
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 09:56:15 am »

Well I got some news for you today!

I've managed to get the material templates altered along with the body parts and as it stands. I have now begun my first experiment with the yukkuris for the new version.

As of this point I have made a chenkkuri and a yusakuya and decided to conduct 2 tests.

Spoiler: for very long report (click to show/hide)

That should conclude my report for now. So far it's looking pretty good

I'll probably have more as the days pass by. Course I also want to be able to get a more stable version before I release this as well. ^^;

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick update for everyone,

I managed to get all the domestic creatures all altered into yukkuri and also added in one more yukkuri species into the list.

I've also managed to transfer all the alterations over to 0.32.02 as well.

Finally I got rid of all the scripting errors I spotted in my error log which now everything functionable.

So for right now I decided to do another fight just for fun. ^^; Surprisingly the results show that two creatures with very identical tags can drag a fight on for a loooooooonnnnng time.

That's it for now.

The next step will be to continue adding in yukkuri in the other file and probably test them out until I get to the more unique yukkuri species.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:13:11 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, here's another update, I have been busy, but I've been trying to make time for this.

Anyways, I've added in Yukkuflans (replace the giant eagle), Yukkuri whites(new addition), Yupiis(replace hippos plus add in curious eater and guzzler tags), and Ikkuris(replace the ever so dreaded CARP!)

And today's experiment, I decided to have some Suikas play with the Ikkuris. Results were rather....interesting....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On other reports, I also boosted the yukkuflan's size a bit so that it can be able to fight better, but I may have to boost it's attack power too. Same can go for the yupiis. I haven't tested it yet, but I'll consider doing that when I get things settled.

But as for now, time to continue adding in more yukkuri.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:22:47 pm by Totaku »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33