Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Companion - trying to resurrect the liaison  (Read 880 times)

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
Dwarf Companion - trying to resurrect the liaison
« on: March 03, 2010, 01:02:58 am »

So, being that you never get a replacement liaison, which is lame, AND the liaison can (and often does) arrive all by his lonesome self far away from everyone else in the caravan, which is stupid...

AND that he did so directly between 2 full-sized bands of ambushing orcs less than 2 screens away from each other...

Yeah.  And I'm tired of save-scumming to keep the idiot alive.

Anyway, I tried to use Dwarf Companion to bring him back to life... and it works!  Until I unpause the game and he immediately dies again.  :-/

I tried it several times, and yes, I healed him, checked all the counters, removed both "dead" checkboxes...

Anybody have any suggestions?!?  Of course, having several of his corpses on the same spot is funny... but I'd like to actually get it working.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Companion - trying to resurrect the liaison
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 02:49:54 am »

In response to a similar situation, someone suggested temporary zombification, allowing the dwarf to dislodge anything that might be stuck in, which would re-kill him regardless of healing wounds.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:43:29 am »

I've noticed that sometimes creatures just refuse to come back to life, no matter what I do.

Of course, there was a rather amusing incident when I tried to bring one of my dwarves back as a skeleton temporarily and his military buddies decided he wasn't exactly that great a friend, but I digress..
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:20 am »

From what I experience, Zombifying the patient stops the bleeding(which is apparently also set by a variable companion doesn't recognize, as well as the bleeding numbers).  When they die stuck ins are automatically dropped onto the ground with all their gear.

(The following is only a rumor I heard)
But when it comes to reviving somebody like a liaison it doesn't work completely.  Apparently they are still listed as dead in the historical records, which is something companion can't fix, and once they leave the site, they will never return because they are supposed to be dead.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:04:11 pm »

Huh. Dunno why you all had problems. Mine met up with a bear on top of the living quarters. I still don't know how it got up there, or why she was there. She merrily ripped it apart and went off to meet with my leader. They were cleaning up for awhile.

;D
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]