Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: Gnoll Clans NEW VERSION 1.3.3  (Read 9040 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Gnoll Clans
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 12:51:12 am »

[RELIGION_SPHERE:SPHERE_DEATH] should be [RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH] too. You forgot to fix that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

.:Asch:.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 01:05:11 am »

Argh, no idea how I missed that

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 01:46:54 am »

I think because it was not tabbed :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 10:38:38 am »

As far as I was aware, the [trANCES] tag causes artifact moods, as well as combat trances.
[trANCES] only causes combat trances- I know this because I had a possessed human when playing a zombie mod, and I doubt they had [trANCES]. You playing the race in fortress mode with artefacts on in the int is what causes artefact moods.

Pyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dragons Can Code
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 09:02:32 am »

New version: v1.3.3
Extra military gnoll sprites for guards and royal guards.
Hyena and dire hyena sprites.
Bugs fixed.
Gnollish artefacts taken out.

What do you guys think about adding slaves in?
Also I am having issues with making the hyena sprites display. Any ideas?

Fub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Gnoll Clans NEW VERSION 1.3.3
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 08:37:40 pm »

Under the graphics_hyenas.txt file you'll likely wanna remove the extra space on the page_dim line.

Also replace all instances of ANIMALS with HYENAS in the same file. That got it working for me.

And if you're still working on this, yes to slaves. Definitely a gnoll thing. Also the whole cannibalism thing, heh. Would be nice to be able to butcher and eat your own kind in times of need without 'too' many unhappy thoughts.

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 10:07:23 pm »

Why do I seem to have fewer points to spend when creating my party in Fortress mode?

Looks like this hasn't been answered yet, so I'll rectify that.

You always get a fixed amount of points (200, I believe), regardless of what race you play as or the aspects of that race. In addition to that, you get some other things, such as an anvil, two axes of the highest quality metal available (steel for METAL_PREF races, copper for LOW_METAL races, iron for everyone else, assuming no new metals have been modded in), two picks of the lowest quality metal available (copper), and a random assortment of food, booze, and related goods.

What most people don't realize is that all these starting items are not subtracted from your original points, but "freebies." If your race gets less freebies (generally by having iron axes instead of steel), you get less stuff to sell, and thus less total points.

The booze, at least, is not entirely random.  I modded in a cheaper plant that can be brewed but not eaten, and the booze was also cheaper... and I always start with 60 of that booze (giving fewer points to spend).  I bumped the price of the booze up to the same as normal but left the plant cheaper, and I still get 60 of that booze, but the points are now "normal", so I can change it to a better mix.

I suspect that you get 15 of the cheapest edible plant, 15 of the cheapest edible meat, and 60 of the booze from the cheapest brewable plant... ties be determined randomly.  Or something like that, anyway.

Pyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dragons Can Code
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 02:51:51 pm »

Under the graphics_hyenas.txt file you'll likely wanna remove the extra space on the page_dim line.

Also replace all instances of ANIMALS with HYENAS in the same file. That got it working for me.

And if you're still working on this, yes to slaves. Definitely a gnoll thing. Also the whole cannibalism thing, heh. Would be nice to be able to butcher and eat your own kind in times of need without 'too' many unhappy thoughts.

Right. Just fixed it and I confirm it works. Now to make another release.
Project Gnoll Clans lives on!

Pyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dragons Can Code
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 05:18:43 pm »

Ok, version 1.4.3 is now up with working hyena graphics.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1587

I am open for suggestions for what to add/change with this mode, especially in light of the imminent release of the next DF version

Also why can I no longer edit my original post?
Pages: 1 2 [3]