Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51

Author Topic: MSPA Mafia (Day 7, Game Ends! Scum Victory!)  (Read 66839 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Mafia (Day 7, MagmaDeath Smoothie! Ends 5:00 GMT+0 on Wednesday)
« Reply #720 on: December 12, 2009, 07:39:39 pm »

All right.

zchris, you've lurked up and down the block.  Who do you think is scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2009, 08:49:44 pm »

Hmm...

To answer my own question:

Luke_Prowler - possibly scum.  I'm worried about the free ride he's been getting throughout the game, and I'm not comfortable with the idea that we'd hit lylo without any reads on him.

Zchris - probably noobtown?

Pandarsenic - no real clue, but I've never seen him act this way as scum.

Tehstefan - I think he's town.  He's been fairly lurky this game, but I haven't seen him drop any major scumtells.

Actually, tehstefan, I haven't heard from you for a while.  What do you think?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2009, 09:03:49 pm »

I was Magmadeath's partner.  I just got roleswitched.

Rather, the mastermind.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »

I was Magmadeath's partner.  I just got roleswitched.

Rather, the mastermind.
All right.

zchris, you've lurked up and down the block.  Who do you think is scum?

Answer the question.  There's got to be some scum here, or we'd have won by now.  What do you think of the people who are still left?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 13, 2009, 08:35:44 pm »

I'm not sure about all this, but Vector, I believe that your town. I get that feeling from you lately, that your town

Luke's comment really makes him look like scum, as only scum would rather lurk than talk. I've learned from my experience its far better to be an active, but lynched townie, than a alive but lurky one. I don't like him at all.

Zchris has acted rather fishy this whole time, but I'm not sure if it is just newb town, or scum. I'm more willing to give him the newb town card, as he seems to at least be trying somewhat.

Pandar has been attempted to be lynched several times before, but I'm pretty sure he's something. Vector should suspect him, as he's basically pulling a Refuge in Audacity. No scum would act like that, so no one suspects him. I would rather lynch Pandar than Luke, but I just don't know about it since his record is rather annoying towards being lynched.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 13, 2009, 09:32:33 pm »

DO IT FEY GOAT

>:D

PANDARSENIC
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 13, 2009, 10:30:52 pm »

>Deification Gambit: Universal Ascension

Vector said, "Let there be Fish!" and there was Fish.  He said, "Let there be scum!" and there was scum.  He rubbed his Flagella together, thinking.  It was a particularly demonic moment.

"... Let Org be a Lying Whore!"

And lo, Org was a Lying Whore.

Vector said: "Let us all live on, now and forever, that we may rejoice in eternal bliss; yea, and we shall be pure as Night's darkest embraces, from The City of Dis unto the farthest reaches of Heaven's silver spires.  This day and always, for I submit here that thou may continue on for all eternity and never die.  For I am Despair and Falsehood, Cold and Dark, and a Manipulative Crazy Guy."

And so it was, and he ogled it fondly, and it was Good.

>Vector: "AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 14, 2009, 01:39:29 am »

Congratulations! Vector has wielded his horrifically broken godlike powers that i really shouldn't have given him to make everyone scum.

With the scum now outnumbering the town, the scum win!

Oh, and he brought everyone back to life to, you know, because he could.

GAME ENDS: SCUM VICTORY!

Surviving Players
tehstefan - VICTORY
Jackrabbit CobaltKobold - VICTORY
Rashilul - VICTORY
Pandarsenic - VICTORY
Cheeetar - VICTORY
Org - VICTORY
ToonyMan - VICTORY
Luke_Prowler - VICTORY
zchris13 - VICTORY
MagmaDeath - VICTORY
Vector - VICTORY

So, now i need to go back over these roles and fix up the various errors and mistakes i found, i then need to take another look at my Insanity table and remove the silly things i put in there that i never thought would actually happen, because one of them bloody well did (the odds were miniscule!).

I won't be running this again immediately; i'm looking into a smaller generic bastard mod game, but if reception is positive i'll run it again; i still have plenty of unused roles after all.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Mafia (Day 7, Game Ends! Scum Victory!)
« Reply #728 on: December 14, 2009, 01:49:59 am »

Wait. He didn't have a win game button did he? What was his powers?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 14, 2009, 01:58:55 am »

Vector originally had this role PM:

You are THE CRUXIAN PROCESSIFICATOR

Quote from: The Cruxian Processificator
You are The Cruxian Processificator, you are the CRUXTRUDER, PUNCH DESIGNIX, TOTEM LATHE and ALCHEMITER all rolled together into one powerful machine. During the day you may choose to create a CRUXITE TOTEM of a target player; copying their role onto the totem. During the night you may choose to ALCHEMIFY any of your gathered CRUXITE TOTEMS into another target player. Doing so will cause the target player’s role to be replaced with the role that was copied onto the CRUXITE TOTEM. Additionally as an extra action you may take at any time, you may COMBINIFY two CRUXITE TOTEMS into a new CRUXITE TOTEM POLE, combining the two roles stored within together to create a new superpowerful hybrid role. Doing so will destroy the previous CRUXITE TOTEMS, but will give you a new one to copy. Unfortunately this process consumes substantial amounts of BUILD GRIST, and you only have enough to do it once.

ALCHEMIFYING a CRUXITE TOTEM does not destroy it. You may not create a CRUXITE TOTEM of yourself, although you can ALCHEMIFY yourself.

You are a SURVIVOR; you win so long as you are alive at the end of the game.

Now, tehstefan had this role PM:

You are a LOATHSOME BEAST

Quote from: Loathsome Beast
You are a Beast, a creature that exists only when the imaginary world is cut off from the real world. Your unnatural and paradoxical nature confuses and confounds those around you, allowing you to get away with all kinds of things.

During the night you may reveal your loathsomeness to a target player, the revelation will drive them INSANE (this will have a different effect depending on the player’s role.) INSANITY will last until the end of the following day, and may also affect their votes. Additionally, during the day you may suddenly eat someone, killing them instantly. Unfortunately this little trick only works as a surprise, so you can only do it once, and doing it will reveal you to be the Loathsome Beast (because, you know, everyone will see you do it.)

You are also a part of the MAFIA. The MAFIA consists of Pandarsenic, ToonyMan and tehstefan. You may communicate with each other in the MAFIA CHAT TOPIC.

As a part of the MAFIA, as a group you have access to the MAFIAKILL ability; one of you may, instead of doing a normal action, kill someone. This is a normal kill and is subject to interferance from roleblocks and soforth.

You win when you have parity with or outnumber the town, and all non-mafia killing roles are dead.

With tehstefan's insanity, it was a sort of random thing. I had a little table of 'night effects' and 'day effects' and i picked 1 or 2 of those effects randomly whenever he insaned someone. There were also certain 'preprogrammed' instances, like insaning Problem Sleuth when he was inspecting someone would cause the result of the inspection to come back "Fish".

One of the preprogrammed insanities was that if Vector was insaned when he was Alchemifying someone, there was a 50% chance he'd use the wrong totem, and a 50% chance he'd use the right totem, but also combine it with another totem chosen at random.

As a joke i added a little thingy that said if TCP was insaned when Combinifying, it would combine -all- of his totems into one totem, instead of the two targeted. Considering the Combinification could occur at any time, the odds of him being Insaned and Combinifying were extremely low.

Guess what happened last night?

Yup.

This resulted in Vector combining his 4 totems; Pickle Inspector, Fluthlu, Wayward Vagabond and Rose Lalonde, into one monsterous combination. Since the game appeared to be dying by that point and i was thinking of running a generic bastard mod game, i decided i'd use this opportunity to test out an idea i had. Vector then got this:

After a hard day's work voting, you settle down to an evening of ALCHEMIFYING, you have big things planned, big things indeed.

With nary a hum and a fizzle of electronics, you set to work, the first order of buisness is to GUAAARGHAGAHH! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

It's ok, it's alright, it's gone now. That was horrible, just, horrible. Your nerves will never be the same again. Ugh.

With a snap of your metaphorical fingers, you COMBINIFY the totems of... of... of...

Who were you COMBINIFYING again?

Oh well, those two look good enough, no wait, those three hee hee, the more the merrier right? No, four! All of them! Combine them all into one monsterous monster! This is going to be so cool.

With a grin, you set the machines and target yourself, you will become, A GOD!

You are now MAYOR FLUTHLU LALONDE INSPECTOR, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. Or perhaps horribly right? It's impossible to tell.

Quote from: MAYOR FLUTHLU LALONDE INSPECTOR
You... Are...

Oh christ, i don't even.

There are some things that are just not meant to be, you are one of those things. There is something seriously, horrifically wrong with you, it's one thing to say you're an experiment gone wrong, but this, this is just...

Words do not exist. They really don't.

You have the following actions, which you make do whenever you feel like, in any order, with no limits:

UNDEAD VOTE - Target a dead player, the player may PM the mod a vote for the current or following day phase, this vote may be changed as often as the player wants.

ABOMINABLE PARDON - Using your rediculous powers, you may grant to someone an ABOMINABLE PARDON. Doing so makes it nigh impossible to lynch that person, as they require at least 12 votes in order to by lynched. But dark deals always come back to bite you in the end; votes placed upon a person so pardoned last indefinitely, carried across from day to day. A single person voting and unvoting 12 times will stack the votes up and kill the pardoned person outright. Everything has a downside.

ASCEND TO MODHOOD - Your abominable presence becomes even more abominable, by wielding this power you become a powerful being able to make reality bend to your whim, but with such power, who cares about the petty little mortals on the world below?
ASCENDING TO MODHOOD grants access to the REALITY WARP power, and renders you immune to kills (but not lynches).
          REALITY WARP - Accessed by becoming a mod, REALITY WARP allows you to make the world itself bend to your will. At any time, as often as you like, you may PM the mod with a quote from a post in the thread made by someone other than yourself. This post must contain some sort of statement or guess, such as "I think PLAYER1 is Mafia" or "PLAYER2, You are the doctor." Upon recieving this PM, any statements or guesses contained within the quote will become reality.

DISCONCERTING BRATWURST - Wielding the most eerie of meats, you haunt a target player with this evil sausage. The sausage follows them around indefinitely, granting them a 'gift' of some sort each day and each night. The gift is random and may be either good, or bad. There's no way to tell with such a strange and disconcerting object.

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - Upon your death, a new player will join the game. Named only 'Zombie', this player will post only grunts and demands for brains, will not vote and will night-kill a random person every night. Once this ability has come into play, each additional player dying will cause a new Zombie player to join the game. Should the Zombies be the last ones standing, they win, and so do you, post-mortem.

You remain a SURVIVOR, and win so long as you are alive at the end of the game.

The power in question that i was experimenting with was of course the REALITY WARP power, which you may note that in a bout of stupidity i neglected to put any kind of restriction on. I later clarified a few restrictions on his powers (namely that he could only have one of each 'active' at a time), but neglected to put any restrictions on the REALITY WARP power.

Vector immediately set out to make everyone alive, and everyone Mafia. With ovbious results.

We live and learn.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 14, 2009, 02:07:41 am »

That's disconcertingly awesome.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 14, 2009, 02:08:33 am »

Wow. Just wow.

Toony, me, and tehstefan were deprived of a good and proper win.

Also, you didn't post a lot of roles people normally had.

As they can now see the original scumteam, and that I was scum while pulling my epic Refuge in Audacity (sort of), you should post my role so they understand.

Also, the old and new scumteams' chats:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/TPHYfWLvmWcx
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/NNiXHWFDEEGv
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 14, 2009, 02:20:54 am »

Would play again, even without brokenness.  This game generated a terrific amount of silliness from the players, which I enjoyed greatly.

Just... more sanctions on lurkers... if that had been a normal lylo without FANTASTIC SCREWINESS, I would have had an enormous amount of trouble.

Thanks for a ridiculously unbalanced and incredibly fun game ;D

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:35 am »

Here are the roles that were present in this game:

Spoiler: MagmaDeath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toonyman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke_Prowler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pandarsenic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rashilul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: zchris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackrabbit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Mafia Chat - http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/TPHYfWLvmWcx
Mob Chat - http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/kJ28yC7k4YUV
Undead Chat - http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/NCB5ucej6fRN
Dead Chat - http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/qhEd9ddELTf
Mafia 2 Chat http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/NNiXHWFDEEGv

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 14, 2009, 02:55:35 am »

Would you put up the Fish role PM?  I'd like to see that one, too.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51