Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Dwarf Fortress Talk: Questions by email (link inside)

<< < (25/28) > >>

Fieari:
Will the expanded language framework you mentioned in the 12/12 update finally include a mechanism for having words in a language for objects in the gameworld?  Like, having a dwarven word for "Elf" or "Elephant"?

I realize he said that this framework is not technically going into this next release, but it is something he's working on, so I'm interested.

Shonai_Dweller:

--- Quote from: Fieari on December 17, 2016, 08:50:07 pm ---Will the expanded language framework you mentioned in the 12/12 update finally include a mechanism for having words in a language for objects in the gameworld?  Like, having a dwarven word for "Elf" or "Elephant"?

I realize he said that this framework is not technically going into this next release, but it is something he's working on, so I'm interested.

--- End quote ---
Unless another DFtalk is suddenly scheduled, you're better off posting this in the Future of the Fortress thread for an answer at the end of the month (or as soon as Toady's recovered from his annual bout of food poisoning).

eerr:
So there have been attempts, in the past, to host Dwarf Fortress on a server.
In other words, one server, and many clients. One of which is the current player.

Would you ever support multiplayer of this kind?

It's one of those things, that would revolutionize the making of Dwarf Fortresses.
But on the other hand it could be considered heavy bloat,be too complex to integrate,
 or force the building of the client around a specific structure, slowing dev time.

Moreover, abstraction of the interface, if thorough enough, would also allow this.

Shonai_Dweller:

--- Quote from: eerr on December 20, 2018, 07:37:26 pm ---So there have been attempts, in the past, to host Dwarf Fortress on a server.
In other words, one server, and many clients. One of which is the current player.

Would you ever support multiplayer of this kind?

It's one of those things, that would revolutionize the making of Dwarf Fortresses.
But on the other hand it could be considered heavy bloat,be too complex to integrate,
 or force the building of the client around a specific structure, slowing dev time.

Moreover, abstraction of the interface, if thorough enough, would also allow this.

--- End quote ---
Future of the Fortress Thread is for questions.
This is a long forgotten musty hole. Please don't disturb the bones.

pamelrabo:
[edit] Wrong thread, sorry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version