Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Dwarf Fortress Talk: Questions by email (link inside)

<< < (20/28) > >>

Neonivek:
So you guys are running dry of questions huh?

Unfortunately lately I keep my questions to myself, though I wonder if I could get others to send some.

Buttery_Mess:
I really, really like DF Talk.

Neonivek:

--- Quote from: Buttery_Mess on January 09, 2013, 09:36:51 pm ---I really, really like DF Talk.

--- End quote ---

It is alright. I find it more and more meandering.

wierd:
LOL, I have a meaty question:

Based on the distributions of temperature gradients from legends mode for a series of large islands coupled with the "2 meters per play tile" minecart calculation estimates, some of us in the Fortress mode discussion subforum have derived some rough figures for the DF planet's size, density, distance from its star, and what kind of orbit the DF planet's moon has to take to get the periodicity presented in fortress mode.

Sadly, the calculations indicate that the moon will eventually crash into the planet from tidal forces slowing the moon down, forcing it to deorbit in a world ending cataclysm.

These estimations and calculations are based on the presumption that the DF planet is intended to be spherical.

As the architect of the worldgen algorithm, and the creator of this system, what topology do you personally ascribe the DF planet to be, and, if the crashy moon isn't intentional, what would you suggest be done about it?

(Otherwise, the numbers work out fantastically well, given the materials and points of data presented by legends mode and the raw files, and by empirical data collection techniques.)

Baffler:
What do you think happens when the world is deleted  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version