Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Boatmurdered comic strips - writers needed.  (Read 23625 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered comic strips - writers needed.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 11:30:36 pm »

There was some lame heavy-handedness- a lot of it owed to bad writing. But there was definetly far more than 1% of awesome.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:25 pm »

That, is absolutly amazing.

I feel like reading boatmurdered... again... for the... 4th time...

Although... Ima kinda sad they allready reached and bridged the cave river... idk. One problem with boatmurdered... is just like df, its hard for non-dwarf players to understand and get into... so a illustrated boatmurdered would make it easy for people that cant read ascII to follow along and enjoy.
.. Which is why i think this project is so awsome. so dont jump over the "boring" parts of boatmurdered... cause 1. you can allways throw in a punchline in there somewhere and 2. to non-dwarf players, it will all be new... they dont know about the possiblitys of breaching the cave river or magma river at the wrong time... they dont know about damp stone... they dont know about (hehe) farming...

"wow... that was an awsome comic book about a game... herm... maybe I want to give this game a try"... you know?
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 11:55:04 pm »

What Boatmurdered did you read? The writing was bad, the rest was awesome.

I like they comic so far. It's not much to go off of, but I'll keep looking at it.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 12:07:43 am »

I think just about any one of my forts could translate into a bodacious tale of adventure and doom, and Boatmurdered has the advantage of name recognition, so even if the finished product bears little resemblance to the fort itself, and is just a collection of inside jokes and fan service, I think it'll turn out great, as long as the comic is a good comic in its own right.  That said, I have nothing to contribute to the project.
I brake for stumble bumblings

a wizard appears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 12:09:26 am »

I think just about any one of my forts could translate into a bodacious tale of adventure and doom, and Boatmurdered has the advantage of name recognition, so even if the finished product bears little resemblance to the fort itself, and is just a collection of inside jokes and fan service, I think it'll turn out great, as long as the comic is a good comic in its own right.  That said, I have nothing to contribute to the project.

Then why did you post?

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 01:02:25 am »

Boatmurdered was entertaining but it was mostly just one or two of the contributers that were excellent writers who made the story good.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 01:04:43 am »

I thought most of boatmurderd was really good, even if some of the writing was nearly as bad as Paloni.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 01:40:03 am »

I don't know, I really enjoyed the story. Maybe it's because I am not a native english speaker and do not recognize the writing as "horrible".
Also I do not skip anything, if you look at the top left corner, the months are close and they've breached the river before anything, even before mapping out a room. That's how it was done back in 2d: you had to have underground water for farms so you needed a river ASAP.

I don't plan to make it necessary funny, it's a kind of a tribute to a story which basically dragged me into DF (I couldn't believe that such game exists when I've read it for the first time). Although I will try to add funny details and make an emphasis on interesting events. Again, I am not a native english speaker so pardon if some frame appears lame or clumsy.

In any case it can't be bad if more people know about Dwarf Fortress and this legendary story. And there's a telling in Russia: "the grass does not move without a wind", it means that we should at least try to see how it comes out, maybe it will encourage more people to dedicate their time and creativity to the world we love.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:43:32 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 01:47:56 am »

Ok, now here goes an intentional double-post. Probably the e-mail I had is old and not used now, who has an "archive updrade" on SA forums to visit this thread? There may be more info on how to contact authors, because other sources say "contact: N/A".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 02:24:16 am »

I just don't see why it needs to be Boatmurdered, a succession game that happened almost four years ago.  Before the 3d update, even.

docawesome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 03:29:39 am »

Meh, the worse that can come of this is that no one outside of DF community reads it, but if someone from the "outside" does maybe they will see the light and join us?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 03:36:28 am »

I just don't see why it needs to be Boatmurdered, a succession game that happened almost four years ago.  Before the 3d update, even.

Because that's what Deon wants to do it on.  :)
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:05 am »

For me it's important, it was the first thing about DF I've occasionally read by my friend's advice and it's pretty much my ticket to this awesome world.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 07:25:09 am »

I think he should do Boatmudered if he wants to.
THEN, when he is finished, he should do Nist Akath.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 09:26:32 am »

He's off to a good start, having the elephants creep up from the distance with glowing eyes. In the actual boatmudered you wouldn't even give a shit until they attacked. If it keeps up like this I think it will do very well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8