Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vote for the topic of the next Dwarf Fortress Talk!

Procedural Culture:  Kindly Goblins and tree-hugging Dwarves?
- 220 (38.7%)
The Future of Adventure Mode:  Meet, Enslave and Kill Interesting People.
- 218 (38.3%)
Battle Specifics:  How Exactly Does That Spear Pierce my Spleen?
- 131 (23%)

Total Members Voted: 569

Voting closed: November 26, 2009, 12:16:29 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Topic Vote - Dwarf Fortress Talk #5  (Read 37548 times)

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
Re: Topic Vote - Dwarf Fortress Talk #5
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2009, 03:00:42 pm »

Since there is so much debate right now, I'd like to put it all to rest.  Toady and I have talked, and we have decided to have Cultures be the full topic this time, and then have adventure mode next time, and have no vote.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2009, 03:03:08 pm »

I find it a bit funny because I get no Thanks Giving in November. It happens on anoter date.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 03:04:39 pm »

Since there is so much debate right now, I'd like to put it all to rest.  Toady and I have talked, and we have decided to have Cultures be the full topic this time, and then have adventure mode next time, and have no vote.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Cool.  They're both good topics, despite my ranting.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2009, 06:01:10 pm »

Toady and I have talked, and we have decided to have Cultures be the full topic this time, and then have adventure mode next time, and have no vote.
Ah, all according to plan. ;) More seriously, I was torn between those two topics, so I'm happy to see both used.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2009, 09:48:45 pm »

It does mean the Adventurer think is technially the New Years episode

I have no idea if that means it carries more weight. Probably not, though it could mean there is going to be extra stuff tacted on... or possibly made to come out before or on December 25th

*Shifting eyes*

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 09:55:25 pm »

It does mean the Adventurer think is technially the New Years episode

I have no idea if that means it carries more weight. Probably not, though it could mean there is going to be extra stuff tacted on... or possibly made to come out before or on December 25th

*Shifting eyes*

Or the recording (of DF Talk 6, I mean) will get delayed to mid-January as Toady makes the final push on the release.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 11:14:13 pm »

Yep that could also happen.

How long does the actual recording part take if you include pre-prep?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2009, 08:52:41 am »

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me.  We need instant runoff voting or something, this got Naderized to the extreme.

Yea, I remember that, Nader had grabbed Oregon and thus messed everything up. Not that there is anything wrong with supporting the green party anyways.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 02:11:51 pm »

Cool, I'm really excited to hear about the Culture stuff. I'm really looking forward to the point where which Civ you select has bigger effects on the game then just what resources and clothing you have access to.

Of course, I am the guy who created a mod called Civilization Forge, so I guess that's not really a surprise, huh?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2009, 10:27:33 pm »

As a suggestion for the future seeing as this period of No Talk #5 is actually surprisingly longer then I thought (Dang Celebrity Guests)

The suggestion is that maybe you should post a closing period for questions since you won't post time periods for recording.

What do you think?

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2009, 03:00:19 am »

We leave the line for questions permanently open with the email route, this way anyone who doesn't get their question asked has a chance of getting it asked next time.  Currently its been working pretty well, and hasn't been overwhelming us with questions/responses.

I know you want to know when it will be out, Neo.  Don't worry, it will be out soon, I promise!
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2009, 10:04:22 am »

I have a patience of 1 week next month :P so I am alright in that respect. So no I am not ploying to find out when it will be out :D

Well that is good your not throwing out questions anymore.

I thought of one but I forgot it a while ago. No wait I sort of remember. Hmmmm... Though it is likely too late and too open :P

Edit addition: I SERIOUSLY need to start writing these in ways that present what I really mean. That and I should stop typing what I am thinking devoid of rewrites.

Edit 2: Hmmmmmm. I am thinking

Edit 3: Nope nevermind about Edit 2, bad idea.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:22:00 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]