Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17  (Read 124272 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d17
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 10:25:54 am »

I plan on running some tests of my own this evening or afternoon based on my dual core/shitty GPU/2 gigs of RAM laptop on Windows 7 vs. my single core/decent GPU/1 gig of RAP desktop on a stripped down Windows XP.

LordHelmchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 10:34:46 am »

Ok, altho 4.x is not compatible with 3.x
Thanks.
both .38 and (symlinked to 38) .42 worked, at least enabling me to start the game. As I don't know what they're used for by df and how incompatible they are, I guess I'll go with the real 38.

EDIT: going on with the .38's, generating worlds works as well, so I'd say the missing libraries problem is solved for me.
onwards to the neverending quest for just the right embarkment spot.
OT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:06:09 pm by LordHelmchen »

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 10:48:43 am »

jumping on wagon
Code: [Select]
~/df_linux_d17$ ./df
mkdir: cannot create directory `unused_libs': File exists
mv: cannot stat `libs/libSDL*': No such file or directory
./dwarfort.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libicudata.so.38: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ubuntu 9.10
intel IGP

doing this
~/df_linux_d17$ ln /usr/lib/libicudata.so.40.1 ./libs/libicudata.so.38
~/df_linux_d17$ ln /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.40.1 ./libs/libicui18n.so.38
~/df_linux_d17$ ln /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.40.1 ./libs/libicuuc.so.38

got this
~/df_linux_d17$ ./df
mkdir: cannot create directory `unused_libs': File exists
mv: cannot stat `libs/libSDL*': No such file or directory
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
Sound devices available:
ALSA Software
OSS Software
PortAudio Software
PulseAudio Software
Wave File Writer
Picking ALSA Software. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Segmentation fault
Turning off sound still gives segmentation fault

Jamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:38 am »

copying icu to df_linux folder worked (yay :)), but there is still this bug, nvidia binary drivers, 1920*1680, In old version it lso crashed similarly at entering thoughts and preferences, help and sometimes also item description

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 11:49:25 am »

Symlinking the 4.2 (or 4.0, probably) ICU libraries in is definitely a bad, segfault-causing idea. I'd ask toady to bundle them instead, but another way to solve it is to copy your local libboost_regex library over the one bundled with DF.

That is not supposed to work either, yet it does. I'll have to ask.. someone.

==

OKay. I'm slowly working my way through these issues. First off:

- The save/load screen not showing up. Fixed now, I think; if on linux, grab the 40d17-head ball and tell me.
- Macros not being deleted when you try to do that. Nobody's reported it, probably because there's no indication of how to do that (press backspace); it's fixed anyway. Same ball.

- Keybindings not being saveable. I take it that only happens on windows? I think I know why, but would like confirmation of that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:07:52 pm by Baughn »
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 12:13:41 pm »

- Keybindings not being saveable. I take it that only happens on windows? I think I know why, but would like confirmation of that.
Confirmed.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »

Also, in adventure mode, I was fighting a couple of wolves and the combat report at the bottom of the screen didn't go away. I couldn't move or do anything because pressing "space" to continue didn't work. I had to save the game (esc was the only key that responded) and then load, at which point the space worked, removing the report and I could continue my fight.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 12:23:42 pm »

I've encountered a bug where if you set the init option for WINDOWED: to PROMPT the message shows up but clicking both yes and no give you a windowed game.

You have to set WINDOWED to NO manually in order to play in fullscreen.

Kadath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 12:40:49 pm »

Another bug:
When building a lever & a bridge, the lever tells me there is nothing to link to when i try.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 12:52:33 pm »

Another bug:
When building a lever & a bridge, the lever tells me there is nothing to link to when i try.

Confirmed. Seems to ONLY be bridges, however. I can hook it up to doors and floodgates just fine.

What a weird bug.

Edit: I just figured it out. Somewhere along the lines the wrong button for "Link Floor Bar" was used. It SHOULD be Alt + b, but in this version both it and "Link Bridge" use "b", which must be messing it up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:04:14 pm by SirPenguin »

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 01:12:49 pm »

I just died in adventure mode ;D  The only problem is that it wouldn't let me end the game.  Also, every half dozen screens it would replay the last announcement.  It also would force a key press after an announcement before it would actually do anything.

Lastly, when I severed limbs or got hit by an arrow, the limbs and arrow would be displayed in their last positions, instead of hiding in the square they landed on.  For instance, I was severing chunks of an elf that would land on his square, and the severed chunk would be displayed instead of the elf.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Bergelmir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 01:31:31 pm »

On Ubuntu 8.10 he told me:
./dwarfort.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex.so.1.35.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After installing it he now complaints about:
./dwarfort.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex.so.1.41.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Greedy program, cannot get enogh.

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 01:53:47 pm »

Symlinking the 4.2 (or 4.0, probably) ICU libraries in is definitely a bad, segfault-causing idea. I'd ask toady to bundle them instead, but another way to solve it is to copy your local libboost_regex library over the one bundled with DF.

That is not supposed to work either, yet it does. I'll have to ask.. someone.

--snip--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
dont work for me :)

so I added a jaunty repo installed libicu38 and it still segfaults. df seems to get farther there is a pause (~.5sec) after "Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt" is printed.

Spoiler: looks same as before (click to show/hide)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 03:35:50 pm »

Confirmed, a while ago. For some reason libboost_regex likes to segfault when used if there's even the slightest deviation from the compilation environment, probably more C++ weirdness.

I think the solution will be to use POSIX regexes instead, which are a whole lot more reliable. I'll get that into d17-head tomorrow.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 04:03:22 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28