Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts: This Is Not a Story  (Read 1403 times)

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Kingdom Hearts: This Is Not a Story
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:25:45 am »

Prelude

"There are no coincidences.  There is only Destiny"
"But can that be changed, I wonder?"
"Any wish can be granted, for the correct price.  The question is, can you pay that Price?"
"I... I can not... however... those others, they can?"
"For them, the future is uncertain.  It is possible, but they must start down that path first."
"If that is the case, then I have a Wish..."
"Very well then."

System

Yo.

This is a Kingdom Hearts based RP, in a play-by-post format, using a slightly tweaked form of the Marvel Universe RPG system - do not worry about no knowing it, it's simple as hell to play, as it's designed to emulate comic book action and is rather free-form.

In short, there are no dice.  You have a certain number of energy points you spend on actions, and if you spend enough, you win.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Build Point Costs (click to show/hide)

Story

You are an intelligent Nobody or Heartless.  After the fall of Organization XIII the paths between worlds have closed again, stranding you wherever you were, trapped in one world knowing one certain fact:

You are something that should not exist.  Sooner or latter, you will cease to exist, fade into darkness and be forgotten.

That is Destiny.

Destiny can not be changed.

Or can it?

There is a person, the Witch of Dimensions.  For the right price, her shop can grant any Wish.

You have the power to move between worlds 1 more time, one last time.

One chance to cheat a fate you never asked for.

One chance to exist on your own terms.

One note, the characters will all start at 120 points; however, the Witch of Dimensions charges a high price for her Wishes, so it is possible you were much more powerful, but had to sacrifice some of that power either to find her or as part of the price for your wish.

Questions?
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.