Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assay Utility?  (Read 908 times)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Assay Utility?
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:52:32 pm »

Is there any utility that compiles a report of how many tiles there are of every type, within a fortress site?  Reveal goes through the map tile-by-tile, so it seems like it should be possible for a program to keep track of all of them and present a summary.  That way a player could know what might be found on the map without having to go through the entire thing with "k" after running reveal.  In fact, revealing the location wouldn't even be the goal, but I'm only pointing out that there is a program that already does some of this.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Assay Utility?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:09 pm »

To my knowledge there is no program which does what you're describing.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:15:02 pm »

Someone with more C++ experience than me could probably make something like this pretty easily with the DFHack library... I may look into it later, but I'm kinda busy at the moment...
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:51:33 pm »

Actually, DFHack comes with the utility I was looking for.   :)  Thanks for sending me that way.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.