Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Attend meeting"...  (Read 1865 times)

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Attend meeting"...
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:28:00 pm »

I was looking over the unit roster and noticed one of my engravers was attending a meeting.

What? Attending a meeting? An engraver?

One quick zoom to unit later revealed him chained up in a cell. "Attending meeting" huh? So that's what they call it these days?

"I'm sorry, you can't see [the broker] right now, he's attending a meeting..."

"Ri-i-i-ight... 'Attending a meeting'... So they finally caught him with the cows, eh?"

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Attend meeting"...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:32:00 pm »

I had my mayor attend a "meeting" with a blacksmith once...

Mayor: Hello, Urist. What can I do for you today?
*Urist beats the Mayor unconsious
Urist: Thanks, I feel much better!

:(

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

Dwarves call a meeting with the mayor/expedition leader when they're unhappy. I believe they get a happy thought for it; something about yelling at a higher-up.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:41:00 pm »

I had an engraver who suffered from defacing of an engraving meet with my mayor. He beat the mayor, the mayor tried to get away and he got beaten again. He also beat a war dog. After that he got locked in jail for 50 days and a beating. However my major has been bedridden the entire time, and hasn't been able to sleep since the attack. I think hes going to die soon. However the majors job for the entire time from just before the attack to now has been "have meeting"
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

termitehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:05:00 am »

pansy mayors!  mine always end up legendary miners who wouldn't take any of that crap!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 11:47:00 am »

Invest in conversation skills for your initial broker/mayor. I usually give him 5 Appraising, and 5 Consoler of Pacifier levels. Supposedly, those conversation skills work during the "meetings" with upset citizens, so as to have the mayor survive the "meeting", and maybe leave the upset citizen slightly happier than he had been.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India