Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 442

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 568317 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #5550 on: March 06, 2017, 10:17:56 pm »

From the wreckage of a meteor hitting the planet, there rises a new threat. A game dedicated to flavor text, bastard mechanics, multiple endings, and ultimately, only one way for everyone to win. The seeds of doubt are planted, but within our hearts, our programming, and our folded wings lies the last hopes for a happy ending.

Put Sprng [Of] Hate into the Queue.

If you're interested in writing flavor text, let me know. I can even find something for you to write if you'd like to play, though much less than you'd probably like.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: March 07, 2017, 11:19:02 pm »

From the wreckage of a meteor hitting the planet, there rises a new threat. A game dedicated to flavor text, bastard mechanics, multiple endings, and ultimately, only one way for everyone to win. The seeds of doubt are planted, but within our hearts, our programming, and our folded wings lies the last hopes for a happy ending.

If you're interested in writing flavor text, let me know. I can even find something for you to write if you'd like to play, though much less than you'd probably like.
Reminds me of Vector's work. Miss that ossum dude. :O
But I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. I WILL HATE YOU ALL, EQUALLY, and thus y'all will be my closest FRIENDS. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: March 08, 2017, 07:55:11 am »

Reminds me of Vector's work. Miss that ossum dude. :O
But I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. I WILL HATE YOU ALL, EQUALLY, and thus y'all will be my closest FRIENDS. :P
Yes, I shall use some of the mistakes made last time to improve the setup. There were several hints that many people overlooked, as well as a LOT of hidden mechanics and conditionals. Also, technically, someone should've been dead on Day 1 for doing something they shouldn't've, which was my fault due to IRL issues.

There will be plenty of these still, but perhaps this will be made clearer at the start of the game. Not necessarily how to achieve these, but a bit more clues.

And Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom will of course make a come back. Who else but the most famous of Robot Angels? (No one ever asked about him!)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: March 12, 2017, 02:13:47 am »

Hmm!

I'm kind of actually maybe in a mood for another weird bastardy narrative game? But I'm not sure I can properly commit to one because Reasons. Depending on the volume of flavor text you need, I might be able to contribute that way. Note: my writing is kind of artless, but I do my best.

I'll keep my eyes out. Supposing this is something that'd be coming up in the next few months?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: March 12, 2017, 06:24:58 pm »

Hmm!

I'm kind of actually maybe in a mood for another weird bastardy narrative game? But I'm not sure I can properly commit to one because Reasons. Depending on the volume of flavor text you need, I might be able to contribute that way. Note: my writing is kind of artless, but I do my best.

I'll keep my eyes out. Supposing this is something that'd be coming up in the next few months?
Based on the rate of how fast games go, yeah, pretty much. There are a few different types of flavortext: Role flavor, lynch flavor, and the opening flavor. But, really, it's just if you want to. Otherwise, I'm slowly plowing my way through it. There's a lot to write at the beginning.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:19 pm »

Solifuge + Mafia game?

Preemptive inning intensifies
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: March 13, 2017, 01:23:55 pm »

Hmm!

Also, you only have to write what you want. And if you don't want to play, there's a whole plethora (+extras!) for you to choose from. I am literally planned for no one to write anything. But, I know you probably write better than i do, so feel free to help!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: March 19, 2017, 11:27:46 am »

I might not have time to run Mafia Marathon 2 when it reaches the top of the list. What are my options if that happens?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: March 19, 2017, 11:58:46 am »

I might not have time to run Mafia Marathon 2 when it reaches the top of the list. What are my options if that happens?

You can always ask it to be bumped down a few spots, or to the bottom, or it can go into the planned games section and you can add it to the back of the queue when you're ready.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: March 19, 2017, 12:24:36 pm »

You can always ask it to be bumped down a few spots, or to the bottom, or it can go into the planned games section and you can add it to the back of the queue when you're ready.
Okay, thanks.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: March 26, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »

Starting to think about when to run the next King of the Mafia. Should it go on the queue, or just wait until there's fewer big games?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: March 26, 2017, 04:11:43 pm »

Hmm, I think that one can go either way.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: April 11, 2017, 09:18:39 pm »

I'm sorry for my lack of updating as-of-late. The reason behind it is that I had a lot of things to do, and so I kept putting it off. Now, I have an even bigger thing to do, and it'll be a while before I can finish it. Therefore, I've decided to stop running this game. I considered putting it on a hiatus, but I don't think I'll have the interest in running it once I get back. To be honest, I liked this idea on paper, but what I designed it to be like didn't translate well into the real game. Mistakes happen, and I guess that it's just a problem I'll have to keep in mind for MM 2.
Oh, sorrow. For the record, this is referencing Exquisite Cops and Robbers.

Next up is Time Paradox Mafia.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: April 11, 2017, 11:19:47 pm »

So a new game will be starting soon? Who's running it, and what are the rules?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: April 13, 2017, 10:21:05 am »

Deus Asmoth should be running it... and I have no idea what the rules are.
~~~
Roll to Mafia would be better named as Reality Game Show Mafia.

Because... well, I saw an idea that Jack A T posted earlier. Can't find it now, though. Thanks to him, though.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 442