Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 578457 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List [Vote for games now!]
« Reply #5595 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:01 pm »

For anyone who hasn't played in one, Supernatural Mafia is a semi-closed set-up with a fantasy theme. Werewolves, Vampires, Cultists, and other such nasties threaten the town.

It is power role heavy and only town roles are generally known. Scum/3rd party roles can and will change between games and new ones can arrive without notice.

It has been notable in the past for having a serial killer win without ever killing anyone.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: May 23, 2017, 11:20:26 pm »

Well of course I'm going to be down for BYOR 0.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: May 24, 2017, 12:36:53 am »

...maybe I'd be up for ONE mafia game...? No, I left bay12 because I needed to get over my mafia addiction. Would one hurt...? Erg. Hard decision. I was letting it affect my judgement IRL, especially the "logic" I was learning from more standard, less bastardy, less power role heavy games - so if I were to join one, it would have to be power role heavy to be safe.

Well, I think it wouldn't hurt if Supernatural or BYOR 0 were the game that started and I joined.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:13 am »

Pretty much anything is good, I'd especially be interested in BYOR 0 though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:54 am »

I'm a patient man. I can wait a month. It seems that byor 0 won by a landslide.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: May 24, 2017, 08:16:21 am »

I've already got a copypasta made. I'll put it up soon.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: May 24, 2017, 11:03:44 am »

Sounds good.

EDIT: I'll keep voting up for a bit so we can decide what goes after one of the two games in sign-ups finishes. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:09:55 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: May 27, 2017, 03:14:36 am »

While it's a bit late on this entire conversation, to respond to what TDS said: Operation Griffin is the spiritual successor to Operation Overlord.  Very slightly bastard closed setup, but no incredibly unusual mechanics (unlike Overlord which did have an out-of-the-ordinary mechanic).  Military themed based in World War 2.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: May 28, 2017, 02:06:59 am »

You may have intuited this already but:
Broken Hearts should be removed from the queue (it won't be running, or at least I won't be administrating it if anyone does run it).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: June 20, 2017, 08:26:23 pm »

Would everyone be okay if I ran King of the Mafia starting around early/mid-July (and going into signups before that)? It's about the only time when I am guaranteed to not be terribly busy with university stuff.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: June 25, 2017, 03:19:01 pm »

How are Beginner's Mafia games planned? They don't go in the normal queue, do they? I promised myself I'd play BM over the summer and I'll be darned if I miss the opportunity.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: June 25, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »

I think we've stopped doing them, seein' as how they take months to sign up and then everybody replaces out on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: June 25, 2017, 03:48:08 pm »

That said, if we have a decent number of people interested in a basic set-up game we could start it alongside whatever else is running.
Come play Mafia with us!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: June 26, 2017, 12:03:09 pm »

I'd be in, of course. Can I start a new thread to see who's interested (in case people don't see it here)?

Also, why do people replace out of these games so early? Maybe we could change their rules/format to accommodate people (like if it was a timezones problem, the days could be made longer or something)?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: June 26, 2017, 12:45:22 pm »

Probably because they have the time when they in, but they don't when the game starts later than they expected.

I think part of the issue is we usually have a few vets in the game, and they tend to be a bit...  unaccommodating to lack of experience.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 443