Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 575807 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List [Vote for games now!]
« Reply #5700 on: November 09, 2018, 07:29:11 pm »

I would be interested in both.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: November 10, 2018, 07:27:37 am »

I'd be interested as well.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: November 11, 2018, 09:11:46 am »

FBYOR 4 ran out of steam. I'm sorry to say I'm giving up that game.
It had... faults.
~~~
That means there are no mafia games currently running. Is this the end of the subforum?

I still have openings on my own game. A lot of them in fact.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:32 am »

FBYOR 4 ran out of steam. I'm sorry to say I'm giving up that game.
It had... faults.
~~~
That means there are no mafia games currently running. Is this the end of the subforum?

I still have openings on my own game. A lot of them in fact.
Oh, you decided to uncancel that? Sure, count me in, I guess.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: February 15, 2019, 04:13:21 am »

ToS is ogre
TricMagic's ByoS has been in signups since September, so even if it does run I imagine there will be some time to take to follow up on the players

Any other current plans?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: February 21, 2019, 11:40:23 pm »

ToS is ogre
TricMagic's ByoS has been in signups since September, so even if it does run I imagine there will be some time to take to follow up on the players

Any other current plans?
Ehhhhh... I'm considering finishing Sprng [Of] Hate aaaaaany time now. I'm also making a new LurkterTracker because I'm bored.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: February 26, 2019, 06:19:10 am »

I was going to say that you don't have the kind of players for something like that but fishing for old players to recylce with a bastard setup might be a good idea.

On a thematically related note (however useless to the goal of the prior topic) I was able to retrieve my old quicktopic account because it has much more restrictive and insecure password rules, and it turns out that I'd deleted the quicktopics I was writing the flavor and setup for Broken Hearts I in. I had similarly destroyed the text file originals of the quicktopic information. Obviously, that wasn't the kind of game you'd subject new players to (also I really wouldn't want to run it right now, though I would have time since I'm now retired).
From what I could recall the setup was a pretty basic 9 player variant of the 7 players: 2scum|2PR|3townies setup, with a loyal amorous psychopath (who had death as part of their wincon) and a jealous necrophile heartbreaker as the 'scumteam', 3 relatively vanilla girls who could only win in relationships with girls, a survivalist loner who the heartbreaker needed to lose in order to win, a popular antagonistic girl who won with girls, and two girls who could win with the heartbreaker or with 'town' roles, one of whom was nosy and the other jealous. Someone else might have been nosy or jealous (one of the 'townies').
I remember feeling like the overall setup was pretty nice since while the 'scum' pair would quickly form, both town PRs had strong options for keeping town alive through a mislynch, unlimited lynching cycles and the difficulty involved in killing the survivor without splitting up scum for a nightcycle or more helped prevent quick scumwins from survivor claims.

The thing that I wanted to ask you about was:
I had advice and/or metainformation in the role packets for most players, since I felt like the format was going to feel really strange to a lot of people and there wasn't the unlimited amount of time more strictly bastard setups usually have.
Is this kind of thing a good idea? I'm not sure I can bring up a good example if I can't find the original text, but for instance one of the players with the most basic role was told that it was uncommon for the roles to be so lacking in information, so that they'd not be surprised when the full diaries started getting posted or flipping.

I wrote a lot for the flavor of that game.
I might have copy on my old laptop with the failing harddrive, but I can't remember the encryption key I used for it so even if that is there I dunno if I'l ever be able to find it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: February 26, 2019, 09:30:55 pm »

I was going to say that you don't have the kind of players for something like that but fishing for old players to recylce with a bastard setup might be a good idea.
Yeah, and honestly, it's not a big deal to run it. It's just a pet project, but I could easily run a Vote Mafia, or something a little more basic. Closed/Semi-Closed Setup and no bastardry. I've just been busy moving.

The thing that I wanted to ask you about was:
I had advice and/or metainformation in the role packets for most players, since I felt like the format was going to feel really strange to a lot of people and there wasn't the unlimited amount of time more strictly bastard setups usually have.
Is this kind of thing a good idea? I'm not sure I can bring up a good example if I can't find the original text, but for instance one of the players with the most basic role was told that it was uncommon for the roles to be so lacking in information, so that they'd not be surprised when the full diaries started getting posted or flipping.

I wrote a lot for the flavor of that game.
I might have copy on my old laptop with the failing harddrive, but I can't remember the encryption key I used for it so even if that is there I dunno if I'l ever be able to find it.
I don't see how this couldn't be planned for. It seems doable, and even potentially good for the players to know something more than they do. I could argue that there's a bit of an unfair advantage to it, but... I think it's so minimal as to be ignored. Do it!

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: February 26, 2019, 10:30:50 pm »

Broken Hearts has a lot of information asymmetry from PM's etc. and the personal nature of objectives as well as rolecops getting flavor, so having a privileged starting position probably isn't big deal. The only real concern would be if someone made a hard cold read on me (the mod) directly, but even if this makes it worse an kind of pre-planned closed setup is going to have this concern.

I quite like the idea of generated setups because of this, though I suppose making hard reads on the mod is an essential skill on B12 if you're going to go into any sort of bastard territory.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: March 03, 2019, 12:15:39 am »

This is just a test message. Please ignore.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: April 22, 2019, 04:37:09 am »

Proc Gen Mafia 2 is in signups. Game starts at the start of May.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: April 25, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »

With the weird roles of ProcGen and the Yugioh game, I'm interested in running a mostly vanilla, beginner friendly game, with just the roles stolen from a beginner game. Or I'd be quite happy to run a full beginner game, if we can get enough interest for that.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: April 25, 2019, 09:27:42 pm »

With the weird roles of ProcGen and the Yugioh game, I'm interested in running a mostly vanilla, beginner friendly game, with just the roles stolen from a beginner game. Or I'd be quite happy to run a full beginner game, if we can get enough interest for that.
I would be interested, but wouldn't it be better to wait for the ProcGen game? Maybe until a few players have been removed, otherwise you might lack enough players for it if not enough beginners decide to join.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: April 25, 2019, 10:57:20 pm »

That sounds wonderful, but I'm already slotted into this ProcGen thing...  afterwards, maybe?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: April 26, 2019, 06:04:17 am »

I'm interested in running a mostly vanilla, beginner friendly game, with just the roles stolen from a beginner game. Or I'd be quite happy to run a full beginner game, if we can get enough interest for that.
Why?
There are people who probably aren't going to play again for quiet some time that would run games. There's nothing really to be gained out of running a game that you wouldn't get more out of than by playing, it's just that outside of passion projects (which are passion projects) running a game doesn't actually take that much time, especially if the rules are familiar and/or unambiguous. I very much would prefer to be playing a more vanilla game, but I'd also prefer to have you also playing in that game and somebody like Webadict who's probably not going to play running the game.

What's the plan for Sprng [Of} Hate anyway, gonna wait for older players to show up and run it then or just throw it out there at some point and ruin the life of people who've never played bastard mods before?
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 443