Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 578375 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2009, 02:26:16 pm »

Ok, guessed shot off the hip.  I'm thinking we should try to keep the starting player count down to 72, unless someone wants to keep track of these games: then we can keep it down to 72 ALIVE players.

With Toon Mafia V ending today, that'll mean about 3 more games will need to end before we let the next game through.

I have 3 people left in KWN so that's close to ending.  All of the other games seem to still be fresh and new (or like NSBM, a good reason to not allow hammers).

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 02:27:44 pm »

Meph, you can cross off Lightning Fast Mafia. Twas a joke.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 02:30:17 pm »

Sidenote: looking at the sheer number of games being proposed, I say this list is already helping.  At least half of them would've already been pushed for signups otherwise (I know I would've started my BYOR pretty soon)
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 09:08:59 pm »

Kill Webadict Now: Dakarian Edition, has ended.
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 09:10:38 pm »

Toon Mafia V is done too.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2009, 09:15:57 pm »

With Toon Mafia ended, I'd like to request a slot for my semi-bastard game. 13 players.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2009, 09:22:05 pm »

The numbers of games was too many when this was first made.  I'm thinking we need 2 more games to finish.  After that, we can take in the first proposal, which would be the Bastard(perhaps) mod.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:12 pm »

I'm thinking we should make a formal request to have mods put up the number of players remaining in their game in the thread title, so that this job gets easier.  I don't know that we necessarily require automation just yet, but that measure would at least simplify things a little bit.

Meh.  I'm considering running something eventually, but probably not for a good long while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:45 pm »

The numbers of games was too many when this was first made.  I'm thinking we need 2 more games to finish.  After that, we can take in the first proposal, which would be the Bastard(perhaps) mod.

Yeah, just getting myself in the queue.

Especially since Toon and KWN both just ended, so we'll start to make progress.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 11:09:09 pm »

...Why isn't mine on the "queue"? Just put it as "Zai's Mafia," as I haven't thought of a name yet for it that wouldn't possibly turn people away.

Oh. A good thing for the list to have is the mod of each game.

Nononononononononono. This is what I didn't like about this possibly involving. If we do this, it'll be by who announced their game first, and problems of miss-communication ensue (see: my game not getting on the list, but others after it do get on; who goes first?). It'd be like taking a ticket in a line. But you don't even have to be ready to start to take the ticket; you just have to say you want to host a game. I have more problems with it, but can't organize my thoughts right now due to exhaustion. More tomorrow, maybe. Or just forget about it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:29:54 pm by Zai »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 11:54:14 pm »

Nononononononononono. This is what I didn't like about this possibly involving. If we do this, it'll be by who announced their game first, and problems of miss-communication ensue (see: my game not getting on the list, but others after it do get on). It'd be like taking a ticket in a line. But you don't even have to be ready to start to take the ticket; you just have to say you want to host a game.

You have a very good point.  I feel like it might be a good idea to have separate lists--i. e., games that are on the drawingboard, games that are ready mechanics-wise, games that have signups full and just need to be green-lit.  Multiple lists might help in that manner, so that the actual queuing only happens when it comes to starting games that have finished the signup phase.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2009, 01:04:40 am »

I'm only one short now (8/9) - don't think I'll start 'til after the weekend, due to (last term's) term paper, though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2009, 02:16:46 am »

I'm only one short now (8/9) - don't think I'll start 'til after the weekend, due to (last term's) term paper, though.

Sounds good.  I'm looking forward to it.  I think we should wait for another game or two to end before we do anything, though.  Game-glut is scary.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2009, 11:07:26 am »

As I say, Horrible Role Mafia won't begin until LCS Mafia finishes (at least) so that can be put a fairly long way down in the queue.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2009, 02:30:36 pm »

KWN II will go into signups for 13 after BYOR ends. I'm going to begin designing it now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 443