Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 578216 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #6435 on: November 17, 2022, 11:04:55 am »

Just a normal one with a cop, a doctor, and mafia. Simple and clean. (And likely to be a trainwreck due to bay12 meta.)
That setup is bust. The cop claims D1, the doc stays quiet and protects them. Mafia left to find the doc while the cop is 1. confirmed town, and 2. creates a steady towncore. Anything but that.

I'm up for running One Day Ultimate Mafia in about a month, as I'm running two big forum games and I don't have room for more.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: November 17, 2022, 11:12:49 am »

Just a normal one with a cop, a doctor, and mafia. Simple and clean. (And likely to be a trainwreck due to bay12 meta.)
That setup is bust. The cop claims D1, the doc stays quiet and protects them. Mafia left to find the doc while the cop is 1. confirmed town, and 2. creates a steady towncore. Anything but that.

What happens if there is a godfather or strongman? With the latter I can just edit the mafiakill to always bypass protects if the person involved has claimed an inspect and is the cop...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: November 17, 2022, 11:18:20 am »

Don't have abilities conditional on whether or not someone has claimed, that's rubbish and creates weird edge cases and extra work for the GM. Strongman, godfather etc. counts as "anything but that", sure.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: November 17, 2022, 11:28:15 am »

To be honest, I think it might be a bit of mafia burnout/people being busy in the run-up to the holidays... if you want a game to start soon, quickly checking who's around to play at all might come before deciding which kind of game.
Maybe a small game might be a better idea, then.  I don't mind running a small game (the bot can automate all the iRobot PMs, so any number of players can play that without a mod).

I'm up for running One Day Ultimate Mafia in about a month, as I'm running two big forum games and I don't have room for more.
I had a few games of One Night Ultimate Webwolf, which had some easier to play with roles and such, to make the game easier (Some roles had time-sensitive Actions that relied on them being ordered in a certain way that were either reworked or something to that effect.)  Not sure how close One Night and One Day are.

Don't have abilities conditional on whether or not someone has claimed, that's rubbish and creates weird edge cases and extra work for the GM. Strongman, godfather etc. counts as "anything but that", sure.
^ Don't do more work than you have to.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: November 17, 2022, 12:49:31 pm »

I suspect it's Mafia burnout from the last game.
My game is also super campy. If you're not Tric, Jim, or Knightwing64, it might not seem as cool.

However, Max & Roden have roles inspired by them...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: November 17, 2022, 01:16:15 pm »

Secret Hitler is certainly a lighter game, but I need at least a couple of weeks to write the OP. I was not expecting an opportunity to run the game so soon.

I just looked at the version that was put up on FG&RP, it makes a lot of changes to the original rules that I don't think would have worked out very well. The visuals were also very lacking.

I can at least promise you guys that this attempt will turn out better than the previous one. For this first game I plan on running this as faithfully as possible, with the only changes being some time limits.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: November 17, 2022, 01:29:31 pm »

Small game might be good, especially going into the holiday season.

I'm not opposed to running something if there is a lot of interest for it, but perfectly happy to let other people do stuff. Especially if it's mostly a mafia burnout kind of thing.

Nothing wrong with a lull for a bit if that's what's needed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: November 17, 2022, 06:00:08 pm »

I could run Armed Forces Mafia if people might prefer that.
Refined to be less scum-sided than the first attempt.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: November 17, 2022, 06:19:28 pm »

give me the machinegun and you got it boss
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: November 17, 2022, 10:07:07 pm »

give me the machinegun and you got it boss
The machinegun will be making a comeback, but random lots on who gets it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: November 19, 2022, 10:18:39 pm »

We're on strike and there's been a call for autonomous barricades closing access and choke points at every worksite on Monday. It might be a couple of months before I have anything approaching enough time to play Mafia.

In the meantime I'm doing what I can to not be shot or peppersprayed. Wish me luck y'all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: November 20, 2022, 11:07:34 am »

Good luck Vector, both with getting a better deal and not getting harmed while trying to get it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: November 20, 2022, 12:28:10 pm »

Thanks. No cops have shown up in force yet. Shooting is not likely at this point, pepperspray is slowwwwly moving onto the table.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: November 20, 2022, 12:36:16 pm »

Yeah, please don’t get shot. There’s no deadchat irl.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: November 20, 2022, 01:52:15 pm »

Thanks. No cops have shown up in force yet. Shooting is not likely at this point, pepperspray is slowwwwly moving onto the table.
You know how much they love pepper spraying students there.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 443