Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 578345 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #6495 on: April 23, 2023, 12:16:44 pm »

Thanks, Fallacy!

Yeah, I moved it down to hiatus. It can chill there for a while until we get formal word on if it is happening or not. If it does, it can move back.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: April 23, 2023, 04:21:41 pm »

Yeah, replace Devil Suits with Forbidden Ritual (move it out of planned). I feel more ready to run a complex closed setup than an actual bastard game.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: April 23, 2023, 04:23:23 pm »

I feel like I should run some crazy bastard game. I don't actually have an idea yet, though. I'll take suggestions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: April 23, 2023, 04:36:10 pm »

I feel like I should run some crazy bastard game. I don't actually have an idea yet, though. I'll take suggestions.

*sits quietly nearby, lurking*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: April 23, 2023, 05:37:32 pm »

My attempt to adapt secret Hitler to the forum is coming up in the queue soon. Sooner than I expected. School is only just ending though so I haven't had time to work on it. Could you move me one step down the queue? I think I might be able to prepare an OP now that Summer vacation has begun.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: April 24, 2023, 01:00:39 am »

After some discussion, Toaster (and me, FallacyofUrist) would like to jointly put BYORoguelike into the Planned Games list.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: April 25, 2023, 01:59:31 am »

Hmm, if I run it as a beginner game, I can technically jump the queue! And that also keeps me from going too far off the deep end. I'll call it... BBBYOR. A light introduction to bullshit.

ETA: I suddenly think I have a great idea for this. Please add BBBYOR Not Four: Weird and Dangerous Edition to the queue.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 02:43:12 am by Maximum Spin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: April 25, 2023, 04:11:03 pm »

Isn't BeBYOR already a light introduction to bullshit? It's in the BYOR part. :p
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: April 28, 2023, 09:15:45 pm »

BYOR 16 has ended.
Generic Arms Race.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: April 28, 2023, 09:26:22 pm »

Get your rear in gear with Forbidden Ritual, I want more mafia.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: April 28, 2023, 09:41:22 pm »

I've got the next slot and I'm not sure what I'm going to run.

Forbidden Ritual? Ritualists conduct Rituals and are supported by Acolytes. Don't get enough support? Things go badly. Scum want to either murder everyone or conduct big scary apocalypse rituals.
FBYOR 6? Every player can level up their role. It's the mafia RPG you've all been waiting for.
Fallacy's Horrible Cults: At least two recruiting cults. Creatively nasty abilities. An experimental playhouse for your suffering.

I'm mainly asking because while Forbidden Ritual has a lot of potential, it's also a slog to develop and balance, because if I get it wrong, it'll go really wrong, not in the broken way, just in the unplayable way. It's longer from being completed than I thought it would be (BYOR 16 was surprisingly fast). I can keep working on it if it's the popular choice, but the other two options would be quicker and likely more reliable to balance. BYOR or not.
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: April 29, 2023, 04:01:25 pm »

I'm in favor of BYOR. (Or Horrible Cults.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: April 29, 2023, 04:54:39 pm »

Fallacy's Horrible Cults is in signups. Please move Forbidden Ritual back to planned games. It'll need a lot more development and balancing than I anticipated to run.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: May 10, 2023, 03:00:08 am »

Fallacy's Horrible Cults has started.
Generic Arms Race.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: May 19, 2023, 06:28:06 pm »

Put Dwarf Fortress Mafia 4 into the Queue.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 443