Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585262 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3855 on: February 27, 2012, 09:39:17 pm »

I want to host a simple little bastard in which you don't flip roles. (Which will be told at the start since I have no intention of making it super complicated).

(This doesn't go in the gametype discussion thread because I know exactly what I want to do basically this thread is for scheduling games right?)
I had something similar to this called Color Mafia, except without telling what roles were in at the beginning.

A pair of Masons claimed Mafia at the end and won it for Town.
That's not even what my idea is though (bwahaha). ...I'm just... well... uh... just when should I host it?
And I meant the fact that roles don't flip will be told. I just don't want to say what it is (the rest of the rules) since that would ruin it.

Two edits! Must be clearer when talking! Must be clearer when talking I mean typing heeeerg!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:45:21 pm by Powder Miner »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »

I want to host a simple little bastard in which you don't flip roles. (Which will be told at the start since I have no intention of making it super complicated).

(This doesn't go in the gametype discussion thread because I know exactly what I want to do basically this thread is for scheduling games right?)
I had something similar to this called Color Mafia, except without telling what roles were in at the beginning.

A pair of Masons claimed Mafia at the end and won it for Town.
That's not even what my idea is though (bwahaha). ...I'm just... well... uh... just when should I host it?
And I meant the fact that roles don't flip will be told. I just don't want to say what it is (the rest of the rules) since that would ruin it.

Two edits! Must be clearer when talking! Must be clearer when talking I mean typing heeeerg!
Umm... What rules would be missing?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:16 pm »

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: February 27, 2012, 10:52:35 pm »

I dunno if I forgot to say this, but it's a bastard.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: February 27, 2012, 11:15:11 pm »

I think we gathered that from the "no roleflips" and "nonstandard/missing rules."

In other news, Bad Dudes Mafia is done.  I'll be putting up a 9p role light hammers game shortly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:08 am »

ARGH I CANNOT EXPRESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY!

Trying this over: Bastard. No roleflips. Final Destination only. And a... thing with roles. And I want to host it but when?

>.>

...But yeah when should I host this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39:49 am »

There are two bastards and one bastardish games running- you may want to sit on it a bit.  Consider it an opportunity to refine everything.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: February 28, 2012, 08:48:01 am »

ARGH I CANNOT EXPRESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY!

Trying this over: Bastard. No roleflips. Final Destination only. And a... thing with roles. And I want to host it but when?

>.>

...But yeah when should I host this?
I won't play it, so if you want me to see if the rules are working, I don't mind.

Also, perhaps I should run this Kingmaker BYOR? Kingmaker is such an odd gametype to begin with, but this allows me to add a bit of a different dimension to it.

Or maybe I'll just do a regular role-heavy Kingmaker. That sounds a bit better.

Roles: KM, Vig, RB, Doc, Cop, GF, Merc, RC, Trck, Wtch, RD, Rand, Mil

That sounds like enough roles to keep everyone happy. Perhaps I am also allowed to mix/modify?

Or I could just keep doing BYORs. Thems be easy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:29 am »

It's never a bad thing to mix it up.  With BYOP and BSER, we've had a bit more than usual of that gametype lately, so now's not a bad time to add variety.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:05 am »

Role-Heavy Kingmaker it is.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:26 am »

...Maybe not a Kingmaker? That gametype extremely heavily relies on meta - unpopular people are never going to become a King.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: February 28, 2012, 11:36:45 am »

You mean having reasonable, levelheaded people with a good basis in logic and reason as king isn't a good thing?

Also, allow me to direct you to BYOR 6.3 and Kingmaker 4 for counter examples.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:55 am »

You mean having reasonable, levelheaded people with a good basis in logic and reason as king isn't a good thing?
Not if that means that the Kingmaker ignores aligment and simply picks the most experienced guy, in his opinion. Also such a setup allows everyone who know they won't be chosen ever to half-ass everything due to feeling their uselessness and get lynched.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: February 28, 2012, 01:02:40 pm »

Kingmaker 4
Yeah I wonder what super was thinking by crowning me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: February 28, 2012, 01:31:59 pm »

Not if that means that the Kingmaker ignores aligment and simply picks the most experienced guy, in his opinion. Also such a setup allows everyone who know they won't be chosen ever to half-ass everything due to feeling their uselessness and get lynched.
Then maybe they shouldn't be lazy?
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 443