Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I install Stonesense?  (Read 30232 times)

doesntmatter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: How do I install Stonesense?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 08:13:39 am »

Rather than just holding down B for now, you could install the thing correctly, not mess around with the .txt files, and have it working properly.

1. Download the stonesense.rar file: Stonesense Alpha v3
2. Using WinRAR, or 7-zip, extract the folder named 'Stonesense' that is located in the .rar file somewhere. You can extract it to your DF folder, but keep the Stonesense files separate in their own folder.
3. Run Dwarf Fortress, and load up a game.
4. Double click the Stonesense icon to run the visualiser.
5. To have Stonesense update the image automatically, press the + key on your keyboard once.

The + and - keys change the scale on which Stonesense updates. The default is 0, pressing + once increases this to 0.2 and it will begin to update the image automatically. Any further presses of + will increase the time it takes to update the image.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: How do I install Stonesense?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 11:03:56 am »

Rather than just holding down B for now, you could install the thing correctly, not mess around with the .txt files, and have it working properly.

1. Download the stonesense.rar file: Stonesense Alpha v3
2. Using WinRAR, or 7-zip, extract the folder named 'Stonesense' that is located in the .rar file somewhere. You can extract it to your DF folder, but keep the Stonesense files separate in their own folder.
3. Run Dwarf Fortress, and load up a game.
4. Double click the Stonesense icon to run the visualiser.
5. To have Stonesense update the image automatically, press the + key on your keyboard once.

The + and - keys change the scale on which Stonesense updates. The default is 0, pressing + once increases this to 0.2 and it will begin to update the image automatically. Any further presses of + will increase the time it takes to update the image.

Chill out.... I would love to install it "correctly" there were no instructions.

Also, I've done exactly what you said, and it didn't work.

It would be lovely to have it working properly. The entire point of this post is determine why it is not working properly. There are 3 possible reasons:

a.) User error (which I would be happy to fix).
b.) B is for bug, this is an alpha after all....
c.) C is for computer error, meaning the problem could be in my soft/hardware.

You need to understand that what IS is often very different than what OUGHT to be. We need to work towards making the preceding statement less true.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 [2]