Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Chests built prior to economy don't get used  (Read 1628 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
[40d] Chests built prior to economy don't get used
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:00:43 am »

In both my current and previous fortresses, I built the requisite chests and cabinets for my Mayor and Dungeon Master before the economy activated, and once it did activate, all of the items they acquired were left strewn on the floor. Upon deconstructing and rebuilding the chests, they immediately started putting their items away.

Cabinets don't seem to be affected, since dwarves can (and do) acquire extra clothing prior to the activation of the economy, though chests are only ever used to store items post-economy.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Chests built prior to economy don't get used
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:38:53 am »

This explains alot.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:09:17 am »

I've even started to notice this happening with chests that were built after the economy started - a bunch of rooms had items on the floor, and their coffers were empty. Upon rebuilding them, they put their stuff away.

It even happened with the Duchess and Duke Consort - they had only put 1 item in each of the chests they received since being upgraded from a Barony; upon reconstructing them, they started putting away their dozens of items.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

MrLobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:46:49 pm »

Can you run a control?  A room with some pre-built furniture... economy starts and furniture doesn't get used. You leave the old furniture alone and build a single new piece furniture.. What happens?